Home
I have a few Swaro Z3 rifle scopes and the optics are a step above My Leupold VX3i scopes, I like the Swaro Z3 line but they are spendy (for me anyway) I see Cameraland has Meopta Meopro 3-9x42 scopes for $399, seems like a good deal but as I have never had the opportunity to handle a Meopro scope I need to hear from some guy's that own these and get their take on how they compare to a Swaro Z3 scope before I pull the trigger......Thanks Hb

Your best bet in that $400,00 range might just be a Zeiss Conquest...
I picked up a 3.5-10x44 meopro from Cameraland a couple seasons ago. I like it overall but there are a couple things I don’t like. I’m not a fan of the zplex reticle in my model but I understand they are different in other models. To me the distance from the crosshairs to where the posts widen is too far making that point useless as a holdover. I also don’t care for the big ocular. I’ve yet to find flip covers that work well with it. With flip covers on it is also very easy for the focus to get adjusted inadvertently. The scope does well enough for my purposes though and does fine in low light. It has held 0 so far also. But I just set it and forgot it, with a 0 check here and there.
Yeah this would be a set and forget type scope for Me with occasional zero checks.....Hb
Originally Posted by shrapnel

A Meopro basically is a Zeiss Conquest as Meopta made the Zeiss conquests for Zeiss with the Meopro optics
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by shrapnel

A Meopro basically is a Zeiss Conquest as Meopta made the Zeiss conquests for Zeiss with the Meopro optics

^^^^^This ^^^^^^ 3-9x42 is a really good scope
Thanks Doug, I have owned a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 but I cant remember it being any better optically than My Leupold VX3's....Hb
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I have owned a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 but I cant remember it being any better optically than My Leupold VX3's....Hb

I agree. I've owned the Meopta and Conquest 3-9 and I believe the VX-3 edges them both out optically. And the VX-3 is edged out by the Swaro 3-9, in my opinion.
The Meopta Meopro in 3-9x40 has heavier Z-PLEX reticle like the old ZeissConquest model. I’m pretty sure the 3-9x42 Meopro has a thinner lined PLEX reticle.
I currently own 2 Meopro’s. One in a 4-12x50 and one in a 3.5-10x44. They are both very clear and bright scopes. I have owned a variety of Leupold scopes through the years from an M8 to VX-2’s to VX-3’s, to an VXL and now a VX5HD. Out of all of them i’d say the Meopro is a brighter, clearer scope than all of them with the exception of the VX5HD and they compare well to it. I also own 2 meostar scopes and a Meopro HD 10x42 and i cant say enough positive things about all of the Meopta gear i have. The meostar 3-12x56 RGD with the #4 reticle is down right amazing! I think you’d be really hard pressed to beat the 3-9x42 for $399 unless you want to spend double that or more. Good luck with you purchase!

Randall
Thanks Randall, .....Hb
I got a meopro 3-9x40 from sport optics about 6 months ago for 349.00, it’s an awesome scope. I have it on a 30-06 and it’s held zero for several hundred rounds, being dropped in and out of my raft and skiff, bounced around on a snow machine, no problem.
I’ll also add that I’ve shot the meopro 3-9x40 side by side with a vx3i and I think the meopta May work betternin lower light. It’s an awesome scope and if I see them on sale again I’ll get another.
ive owned a 4-12x50 Z3 and currently own a 3-9x42 meopro with #4 reticle....at one time I had a 4-12x50 meopro which I compared to my Z3...I think the swaro barely edged it out in sharpness right at dusk but not enough to make any sort of difference on seeing game....at least to me the meopro had better eye relief and sight picture on the higher powers....I liked the sleekness of the z3 but the reticle was too thin for my liking. Ive got a 3-12x56 meostar on one rifle and a zeiss diavari 2.5-10x50 on another and last season I mostly hunted with my 243 topped with the 3-9 meopro.
I had a 3.5-10x44 Meopro with a german #4 which was the equal to any Z3 I have ever owned. It put an end to buying more Z3's
I have quite a few Meopros and a couple z3s. My money will go to Meopta. The Swaros are great but not worth the price difference imo.
Plenty happy with my Meopro and my two Conquest...Would by another in a minute
I have 2 3-9 meopta's 1 from Cl and 1 from cabelas branded. I can not tell a difference in those 2. I have 3 vx-3 or 3I and think they are pretty comparable optically but some differences in eyebox eye relief and build. I have an older swarovski av and it optically much better to me.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I had a 3.5-10x44 Meopro with a german #4 which was the equal to any Z3 I have ever owned. It put an end to buying more Z3's

This!
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I have quite a few Meopros and a couple z3s. My money will go to Meopta. The Swaros are great but not worth the price difference imo.

+1
I am a big fan of the 3 to 9 x 40 meopro. I first used them in the Zeiss conquest line but now have meopta and Cabela’s branded versions. I really like the eye relief and z Plex reticle on these, and the thick to thin appears to be approximately 4 MOA from center at the highest power setting. This gets me out to 400 yards, which is further then I will shoot unless conditions are ideal. I have never felt hindered all the way to the end of legal shooting hours with these scopes.
I haven't owned a Swaro, but have used a few different Meopta products. I like them a lot and consider them replacements for the Zeiss Conquest line of scopes. To my eyes they give better color and are brighter at dusk than VX3 Leupolds. I don't do any dialing with them, they are set and forget type for me and have served me well. Everyone sees things a little differently though scopes and if you can get over their heft weight I believe they could serve you well.
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I have owned a Zeiss Conquest 3-9 but I cant remember it being any better optically than My Leupold VX3's....Hb

I agree. I've owned the Meopta and Conquest 3-9 and I believe the VX-3 edges them both out optically. And the VX-3 is edged out by the Swaro 3-9, in my opinion.

My experience has been just the opposite to this - I have a 3.5-10 VX-3i and a Conquest 3-9, and to my eye, the Conquest wins in clarity, brightness, and low light performance.
Hi, I have meopta and Zeiss scopes. I would rate the meopta as well as zeiss and I do believe there is some connection betweeen the 2. Either zeiss make some lenses for meopta of vice versa.

Never had problems with loss of zero, good light transmission.
I have S&B pm scopes but never a swaro so cant compare that. Personally I would definitely go meopta
Originally Posted by Hindcull1
Hi, I have meopta and Zeiss scopes. I would rate the meopta as well as zeiss and I do believe there is some connection betweeen the 2. Either zeiss make some lenses for meopta of vice versa.

Never had problems with loss of zero, good light transmission.
I have S&B pm scopes but never a swaro so cant compare that. Personally I would definitely go meopta

Meopta made the Zeiss Conquests for Zeiss. It was basically a Meopta Meopro
© 24hourcampfire