Home
Been a few years since my last scope purchase and had been kicking the tires on good deals on Weaver Super Slams, looked at Tract, Trijicon, and another Leupold but couldn't be swayed. Thinking I might replace my Meopta Artemis 6x42 #4 range finding reticle. No real reason....thing has been sweet.

Some time back fell in love with the illuminated dot #4 type reticles and kept looking for an affordable option. Not many to be had.

I no longer found them offered in the VX-R from Leupold- plus I was looking for a DEAL.

We got Dad a Mueller a while back and he loves it. A bit ashamed to admit I actually like it somewhat but was hoping for a step up. I looked at Sig Sauer Whiskey but they were 30mm.

Yesterday while not seriously browsing I stumbled across Burris Fullfield E1's with illuminated 3p#4. Burris doesn't even list them on their site. I have a 6x40 3p#4 (non illuminated) for years now. Love the glass and reticle and brightness . It is only the adjustments I thought were ...meh... but I liked it too much to part with it whenever I thought about it.

So I found Burris FF E1 in illuminated 3p#4 in 3-9x50 for $175 and 3-9x40 for $159. Couldn't pass it up and ordered the 40mm - $173 delivered. Price and brand were just too good to pass up for me.

Will get it in a few days. Now ...the wife part....
Good deal right there. Just ordered one with the 50 mm. Sale ends today. Thanks for the info Kenjs.

Mike
I've got a Fullfield 11 with the 3P#4 that I like and have been looking for another one. Thanks for the heads up on this. I've got one on the way.
Curious where you found this?
Natchez
Thank you.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Thank you.

No problem.
I was going to include a link in my post but didn't because Natchezss isn't a paying advertiser. I should have mentioned PM. Glad you guys are taking advantage of the deal. The scope is EXACTLY what I been looking for. I really like my FFii 6x40 and the E1 turrets should fix the only thing I would improve on it.
And with a one-inch tube! I have one of the older Euro-Dots with the 30mm tube and, frankly, am not a fan since it just increases weight and bulk. This looks interesting.
Good choice Ken. You know how I feel about these; consider your choice confirmed!
All Natchez is now offering $5 shipping and 10% off all orders over $49. Makes it an even sweeter deal.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
All Natchez is now offering $5 shipping and 10% off all orders over $49. Makes it an even sweeter deal.

Is there a code to get this?
I think if there is one it will be listed at the top of the home page of their website. Otherwise it will show up on the checkout page.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I think if there is one it will be listed at the top of the home page of their website. Otherwise it will show up on the checkout page.

Yes...missed it on the homepage ....Thanks!

Ordered one... $157 delivered. Was either 10% off or $5 shipping

Thanks for the heads up
FWIW I used Burris Signature Zee medium rings to mount my Burris 3x9 50 mm E1 scope on my M70 30-06 which left about 1/8" clearance for the objective lens/bell.

[Linked Image]
I missed out on the other promotions but am glad I was able to help some folks out on a good deal.

Mine came in today - but I have to wait till I get home before I can fondle it.
Got the Burris yesterday. Mounted it today and loaded some Gamekings to test it out. I usually do pretty good at the old fashioned boresighting- by looking down the bore. Maybe not the sleekest scope but few variables look as nice as fixed scope in my book. Love the reticle- everything I hope it would be. Adjustments get a 'B and could be crisper- like the Meopta I removed. Thought this had zero resets but no- don't know why I thought it did. The caps are easy on and off. Hope they are accurate and repeatable. Eye relief is pretty darn great. Magnification ring is a bit over stiff. Now I just need to find out if the VX 3 hasn't spoiled me for other variables as far as brightness is concerned.
Got mine in yesterday as well. Side by side comparison with my FF2 shows that the reticle on the E1 has thinner reticle post than the FF2. They appear to be about the same thickness as most standard duplex where as the FF2 post are more of a heavy duplex style. I do like the illuminated dot at the center. Without the illuminated dot I would not consider this a good low light scope. The E1 is bulkier than the FF2.

Now to decide a rifle to go with it. Possibly an Encore 35 Whelen.
How bright is the illumination and can it be adjusted for brightness?
The scope has 10 brightness settings. A very nice feature is that you don't have to rotate back to a 0 or off position. Between each brightness setting is an off position.
Originally Posted by aboltfan
The scope has 10 brightness settings. A very nice feature is that you don't have to rotate back to a 0 or off position. Between each brightness setting is an off position.

Dats a good thing!

I have that on a SIG Whiskey and its handy!
I picked one up from Natchez and tossed it on a .223 Montana I chopped down for future grand kids. The reticle (as well as the illuminated dot) should draw the eye in to the target. Scope is light enough. As already noted, the magnification ring is a little stiff.
I looked at the Whiskey but didn't want a 30mm tube.

On the Burris :
The left side dial controls the ill. dot and one can easily compare the brightest to the lowest setting with a double click in the opposite direction. Why I need 10 levels - who knows? Those clicks are precise feeling which could end up saving battery life. FYI - it uses the Cr2032 battery and SURPRISE - it came with two included.

The eye relief made for easy mounting and I would think it good for a heavy kicker. I smeared a little dab of clear silicone on the massive CZ rings with four slotted screws per ring. Not my favorite but why replace them?
The turret caps screw on and off easily which seems like- so what - right? Except I have a few other caps that give me fits. The turrets are sleek and low profile but non-resettable and could be crisper. How is it even some cheap scopes have such good clicks? In my experience this is where Leupold and Burris could improve. The Weaver, Nikon, Sightron and Meopta I used all seem to have nice distinct clicks to their adjustments.

I found this scope on Amazon currently listing for $329 and getting 5 stars after reviewed by 15 owners . That makes me smile at the $159 ( $172 w/ ship) I paid. EFW there is my affirmation!!

What are the cons of this scope? They are minor. The only specs I could find says it weights 13oz but to me it feels heavier. The gear-like cutouts around the power ring is industrial-ish , heavy and stiff. Being a variable it doesn't quite balance like the sleek fixed power I removed and is noticeably rear heavy. I really can't imagine that being a factor in any purchase equation. Something that will have almost no effect in its use is that the power magnification numbers, and the brightness numbers are all but invisible. This is stuff done by feel for the most part anyway.
Thanks to your heads up post I ordered a 3-9x40 on 8/29 and it came today.

There was a free shipping code on the webpage so I paid $159 shipped.

Upon inspecting the scope some things I will echo. Fairly stiff power ring, Turret adjustments lack a "tactical click" but not like a friction type either. For a scope that probably won't be used as a twister they operate OK for me. Brightness numbers will be hard to read in low light conditions but the adjustments unlike the turrets are very positive and intuitive to use and will not be a problem.

I'm not at all sure why you think the turret number dials are not reset-able, there is easy to follow instructions in the enclosed user guide to accomplish this. (not a zero stop). There is a notch at 180' from the 0 mark, you use a tip of some sort to engage the notch (I used the end of a paper clip) and without turning the adjustment knob rotate the number dial to the desired setting with the tool.

One thing that did surprise me when I first looked into the scope to check out the reticle was a fairly substantial black dot right where the illuminated one would be. This was before I even but a battery in. I would call this a German 3P #4 with a Dot. The thin section is a bit wider than I expected and actually does not extend quite all the way to the dot, like it is suspended.

Overall I am happy with the scope especially for the price and I think I will clamp it on my Marlin .22 mag turkey rifle.
WYcoyote- thanks for the reset tip. I THOUGHT so.... Yep it sounds like we got the exact same scope. I hope that speaks well to their QC. Smoking deal ain't it>

Enjoy yours in good health my friend.
Well, mine might be for sale after I get it but it's just what I've been looking for in a 1in tube. Had to at least try one out. Won't get mine till Thursday but I have a custom it's going on that should be finished up by the end of the month. Sounds like a nice scope and a heck of a deal. If I like it...think I'll just get another. powdr
Wish they would ship to Alabama
I rung mine out yesterday and so far love it. I shot my other rifle with a VX3 and as good as eye relief is on that scope I would say Burris might even be greater.

I would recommend checking the reticle center using the mirror method before shooting - but even so it only took me two shots to zero at 50 yds. Clicks seem to be accurate.
One thing I will share is that while it is not the typical and convenient turret reset, there is a method to set a new zero on these.

Here ya go:
Waiting on pins and needles for mine. powdr
Do any of you who have bought these have a eye astigmatism? When I look threw my red dot scopes I see a disfigured dot and not a round dot.
I was wondering if I would experience the same with one of these and how the dot looks with out it turned on?
I guess not.(:>)
Sorry Peterbilt - I was sending a PM to powdr on some aspects of these when you wrote this. No, I have no astigmatism so hard to say. Can I ask- how old you are? I have seen older men in late 70's having issues with the crosshairs turning 'squiggly' and unusable- the dot allowed my Dad to continue hunting. The dot just looks like a dark gray dot when turned off. It is not very large and to me , I might guess, because of that 'may' not give you as noticeable an issue as other scopes. Purely a guess. I also wonder if having a range of ten brightness settings might help. I am thinking the dimmer the better for you ???

I will say I have not heard anyone have a negative comment on the scope FWIW.
Sorry Peterbilt - I was sending a PM to powdr on some aspects of these when you wrote this. No, I have no astigmatism so hard to say. Can I ask- how old you are? I have seen older men in late 70's having issues with the crosshairs turning 'squiggly' and unusable- the dot allowed my Dad to continue hunting. The dot just looks like a dark gray dot when turned off. It is not very large and to me , I might guess, because of that 'may' not give you as noticeable an issue as other scopes. Purely a guess. I also wonder if having a range of ten brightness settings might help. I am thinking the dimmer the better for you ???

I will say I have not heard anyone have a negative comment on the scope FWIW.
Thanks for the response. I'm in my late 60s but the astigmatism showed up in my late 50s. Glasses helped some but my optometrist passed away and I can't find anyone who understands my problem.
I may be asking too much but if you could take a picture of the reticle turned off so I could see what you mean by dark gray it would help.
Thanks.
I looked through it again in todays light and all posts and hairs were dark black. I was not successful taking a picture but if you google Burris 3p#4 you an find a few shots.
OP,
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for just this kind of scope for a little 300BO bolt action. We have a feeder at camp that feeds at night for hogs - little yard lights "illuminate" the area. Decent optics allow you to easily make out your target, but most crosshairs get lost in the darkness. This will be perfect!

I found a 10% off coupon code on couponchief.com, so my total was $158.40. Great deal!!!
I looked through it again in todays light and all posts and hairs were dark black. I was not successful taking a picture but if you google Burris 3p#4 you an find a few shots.

Thanks for the response I looked and found pictures but they were with the dot lit up and I was interested in what it looked like in the off position since I would more then likely have it turned off when hunting.
Originally Posted by Peterbilt

Thanks for the response I looked and found pictures but they were with the dot lit up and I was interested in what it looked like in the off position since I would more then likely have it turned off when hunting.

Awwww but it looks SO cool when lit! Even without the light it is a great buy on good glass.
Due to a astigmatism it could look like it's flared and would be useless to me. But could still use it with out it.
Originally Posted by ckat
OP,
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for just this kind of scope for a little 300BO bolt action. We have a feeder at camp that feeds at night for hogs - little yard lights "illuminate" the area. Decent optics allow you to easily make out your target, but most crosshairs get lost in the darkness. This will be perfect!

I found a 10% off coupon code on couponchief.com, so my total was $158.40. Great deal!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the 10% off coupon. I ordered two scopes and some rifle ammo, that coupon saved me over $40.00
Originally Posted by Peterbilt

Here you go.

[Linked Image]
Thanks I do appreciate the picture. Looks like it will work for me.
I ordered one but couldn't get the free shipping code to work from couponchief.com so I had to pay shipping.
Got mine the other day and have been looking threw it hand held since I'm not sure which rifle it will go on yet.
I will say my fears of the red dot being flared or disfigured have been relieved since it looks crisp and clear with it turned on with and with out my glasses so that is an A+ in my book. Yeah it doesn't balance the way some other variable scopes do but that isn't a deal breaker in my opinion.
The scope looks bright to my eyes and I can't notice any darkening around the edges as is some of the cheaper and more expensive scopes I have looked at.
Looking forward to mounting it and using it since it should be a great woods and bad weather scope with the illuminated reticle.
Peterbilt- really glad to hear that. I got to compare mine in the field to the VX3 - if interested, check out my thread on that. Would like to hear your thoughts once you get a real test of it. I am super happy with it so far.
Peterbilt- really glad to hear that. I got to compare mine in the field to the VX3 - if interested, check out my thread on that. Would like to hear your thoughts once you get a real test of it. I am super happy with it so far.
Thanks, I can't decide which rifle I want to put it on and I'm working up loads for a new to me M70 300wm and might end up on it once I'm done with it but might be enough magnification for it to really reach out and touch something say to 500yds which is about my limit around where I hunt.
Good info guys. Lets hear more as it becomes available.
What does the scope weigh? The specs table on the Burris website doesn’t seem to work on my iPad.
If I remember right I think it was 13oz and 12" OAL and the eye relief is very close to 4" when I stuck it on a rifle just to check it since the Burris web sight said 3.1-3.4", which isn't what this one is.
Mine is on the way >
What is the substension of the center dot?
Could anyone comment on the size of the center dot?
I had the same question before I bought mine . I just received mine this week and mounted it on my AR but haven't had time to sight it in yet . The best I can tell the center dot is about 1.5 MOA at 102 yards ranged with my rangefinder . Hope this helps . By the way I really like the scopes reticle and it is very clear .
Wow that’s pretty big! Thanks for the reply!
That's just a guess . I just ranged a piece of a 2x4 board across my field and tried to hold the dot on it out of my front door . Not very scientific I know but it's pouring the rain right now . May be an inch to inch and a half and that's on 9x .
I need to order one of these. There's a 10% off coupon now
I ask Burris and they didn’t know, said it was probably either .5 or 1 MOA.
Originally Posted by Aviator

1 maybe but I don't see .5 . This ain't a scope to shoot at 1" orange dots with but I can see myself really liking this thing for deer hunting . My eye is naturally drawn to the dot when I get in the scope and the illumination is super nice . You can turn it way down until it just barely glows red .

Why is that too big? If you're hunting deer it's not too big .
Originally Posted by Tee3

1 maybe but I don't see .5 . This ain't a scope to shoot at 1" orange dots with but I can see myself really liking this thing for deer hunting . My eye is naturally drawn to the dot when I get in the scope and the illumination is super nice . You can turn it way down until it just barely glows red .

I had no problem shooting a 1" group at 300 yds using this scope.
Originally Posted by Remington280

Why is that too big? If you're hunting deer it's not too big .

I agree . I think it's the perfect size dot , especially for deer hunting . I wouldn't want it any smaller personally .
ordered one from natchez this evening. going on a rem7600 in 30/06 i was gifted. looks like itll be a fine timber gun setup.
looked at my usual nikon/leupold range and couldnt find what i wanted, and just happened to be trolling looking for a quality 2x7 but then hey whats this? burris-#4 reticle-and lighted? im in.
prefer a smaller lighter 2x7 for our woods hunting here in mississippi but it looks like a quality optic, with a reticle and illumination system made for hunting thickets so ill eat the slight weight/size penalty,on a 7600 its not gonna make that much difference.
the coupon code covered the cost of fedex shipping so itl be here this week presumably. already have weaver mounts and a set of medium burris signature rings mounted and waiting for the right deal. i couldnt pass up a decent burris with #4 and a lighted recticle for 160 or so. if it sucks ill know better and stick with a vx3I or a vxr.
Just got mine today..gave it the home test and it looks good, even has good eye relief on 9x...took it out back in the dark and it looks like it will perform well under both red and green lights....
Looks like they have a free shipping code through 1/8/19.

Offer good January 7th and January 8th, 2019 Only..

Use Discount Code FS190107 during checkout to activate your Free Shipping.
Just ordered one for the boys 260!

Roy
max1138- let me know if you find it lacking or not equal to your VX3. I haven't.
Like that Dot reticle... Ordered one.

I have a lead on these for $129. First one is $10 shipping rest free that day. I can send offer to join by email. It's thru DVOR, an Optics Planet affiliate. PM if interested. I'd get $10 per sign up. Or just do it on your own. Endless amounts of crap to buy.

https://www.dvor.com/burris-3x-9x40...on=22-deals-on-riflescopes-64-2019-01-07
Burris Fullfield E1 3-9x40mm 1in Tube Riflescope,Plex Reticle,Matte Black, 200321
got mine in today. out of the box, installed the battery to check it out. burris sends 2 batteries with it so thats a nice touch. easy to swap batteries.
i like the dial up to whatever intensity you like then one forward or back to turn off. i have vortex and sig reddots on ARs but never had a scope with it. think im gonna like it, nice sharp dot ,
no flaring or blowing up the image in the scope like some will do.
really thought the 3P#4 reticle would be heavier. its about like a leupold heavy duplex which is fine w me
. it was well after dark when i arrived so no chance to check twilight/low light performance.
the 7600 is off at the gunsmiths getting a nice fitted recoil pad on,( the stock plastic buttplate had to go.) so i wont get to mount it till saturday and get it sighted in and give it a test run.
i hope to be hunting with it saturday afternoon.
it was my dads old rifle, i actually bought it for him for Christmas in 1981. he put a rubber covered tasco 3-9 on it in see-thru mounts.
when he retired and sold the business/house/shop and moved to his cabin in east Tn he brought most of his guns to my house and dumped em on me going those are your guns now boy, boy... im 50. gotta love dad.
so i ditched the 37 year old tasco and the godawful see thru mounts. the tasco actually isnt bad they made decent stuff then but modern optics and coatings will leave vintage glass in the shade performance wise so im updating it.if someones gonna give me a good rifle i will set it up to my specs and shoot it, no problem. and maybe in another 30 years ill hand it to a grandson.
ill report back on it after i get a chance to see how it holds up in the woods. will try to remember to get some numbers on the cross hairs and see how wide they are on 9x at 100 for ranging purposes.
Got mine, sighted it in, played with it after dark, checking the dot with both red and green backlighting for night predators and pigs...all is good! Also noticed sighting in that the image can be nice, bright and crisp...I could never get a fullfield II to be that crisp....Happy!
Completely out of my character and on a whim, I bought one. Don't have anything to put it on but planning to set up a truck/predator rifle with it. I did throw it on a 270 I had just to see how it was. Out of the box, it weights 14.4 ounces and there were no problems mounting it, no distortion through the power ranges, and it is very clear. I don't believe, but didn't measure, that the eye relief is 4 inches as reported here but it seems longer than the advertised 3.1 inches. It did come with 2 batteries as stated.

I really wanted to try that reticle and also try an illumated dot. The only concern so far is the that one of the batteries was dead and the other may be weak (I hope). Even at the highest setting the dot is very dim and difficult to see. I'll pick up another battery to make sure that is the issue. I was thinking that for what I do, a fixed 4x or a 2x7 would be ideal. Time will tell on the overall durability of the scope.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Got mine, sighted it in, played with it after dark, checking the dot with both red and green backlighting for night predators and pigs...all is good! Also noticed sighting in that the image can be nice, bright and crisp...I could never get a fullfield II to be that crisp....Happy!

Good idea. Been wondering what to put it on.... Want to try to wack a little red fox one of these times.
[bleep] Natchez
Got mine today....Very nice …..A steal for it with a lifetime warranty..
Mine came today very nice for the $$ except for one thing the bolt handle on my NULA won’t clear the unusually large power ring on the scope! Ugh!
JDK- unless it is near dark the lit reticle seems hardly noticeable. The darker it is the better it pops. Only well past sunset could I tell difference in brightness settings.

Man, Natchez owes me a kickback don't they? Very glad everyone seems happy with the recommendation.

Do you all feel like me that the only gripe is perhaps the clicks could be crisper?

That the turret covers go on and off with very little fuss?

That this thing is the practical equal of a VX3- but with a better reticle?
ken

I picked up a pack of batteries and it is much better. A bonus is they are the same batteries I use in my headlamp for smelt fishing. No complaints at all.

Yes the clicks are not very crisp but I'm a set and forget person so it doesn't really matter.
Ha- I did the same battery thing because my head lamp was dim. I bought extra batteries - NOW the question is will I find them next season when I need them before I buy others because I can't remember where I put 'em? :-)
If anybody wants to buy one of these that has only been set in the Talley’s and never tightened I will sell mine for $150 shipped. It won’t work on a NULA because the bolt won’t clear the power ring.
If anybody wants to buy one of these that has only been set in the Talley’s and never tightened I will sell mine for $150 shipped. It won’t work on a NULA because the bolt won’t clear the power ring.

Sure, I'll take it.
got the 7600 back from the shop, nice soft limbsaver recoil pad on it cut to same legenth of pull, no more hard plastic in the shoulder. mounted the scope on the burris signature mounts and got it dead on the paper at 30 yards 5 in one hole. that should settle it in the mounts.
. if it ever stops raining here in north mississippi ill get out to a real range instead of the 30 yards my little backyard range in the woods allows and take it out to 100 and 200 to see what it will really do. scope seems bright and tracked well at 30 yards. so far so good.
I've been using this scope this week in Mississippi. So far I'm satisfied with the purchase.

I mounted this on an Encore 35 Whelen for primitive weapon season. The scope tube is long enough to give plenty of adjustment. During sight in the adjustments moved predictably and allowed for a quick zero. While hunting this week I found the scope to be clear and bright. I was able to use the crosshairs way past legal shooting time. I like the illuminated dot reticle and find it to be useful. I don't know what the size of the dot in the reticle is but it is small enough for precise aiming. As the evening gets darker the brightness setting can be used in level one and two. Level three on up caused to much flare inside the scope. That's not a problem though because the lower settings are bright enough.

I'm going to buy another for me and one for my brother..
Additional 10% the sale price through the end of today if anybody is still looking!
its good enough i bought a 2nd one. it'll go on something eventually.
© 24hourcampfire