Home
Posted By: bwinters Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/15/18
I see alot of these advertised on various forums. I assume Meopta made them for Cabelas - what are the equivalent Meopta products?

For reference, I've been looking at the B1 series to replace my Minox.

Thanks.
Cabela’s Instict Euro HD = Meopta Meostar B1

(Not my pic)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They are awesome optics however I will not buy any more “Cabelas” branded optics since bass pro is not honoring the “cabelas legendary lifetime warranty. Cabela branded optics are essentially disposable now if something goes wrong.

This will/has killed the resell of cabelas branded optics.

I’d pay more for the Meopta w/out cabelas name on it b/c Meopta has great customer service.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/16/18
Originally Posted by Wesley2
They are awesome optics however I will not buy any more “Cabelas” branded optics since bass pro is not honoring the “cabelas legendary lifetime warranty. Cabela branded optics are essentially disposable now if something goes wrong.

I’d pay more for the Meopta w/out cabelas name on it b/c Meopta has great customer service.

This^^^^^^

That said I bet Meopta still works on it .
Good thought on Cabelas vs Meopta.
Posted By: SKane Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/16/18

That's interesting info. Yeah, that certainly won't help sales any either.
Leave it to Bass Pro to take away yet another thing that made Cabelas Cabelas.
from what i have seen you can by the meopta branded ones cheaper from Doug anyways....
Posted By: Teal Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/16/18
Went to Cabela's here on Friday. First time in there in almost a year.

Danged depressing. You could tell they were spacing things out to make the store look full. Aisle were wide enough for an F250, shelves were pretty thin with product. Bargain Cave done away with it seems as well.

Wasn't a good sight.

Do you have a source for this change in policy.
Originally Posted by gene270
from what i have seen you can by the meopta branded ones cheaper from Doug anyways....

It's always our pleasure to work with the members here smile
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I thought the same thing but that's not what happened in my case. I bought a heavily used pair of Euros that fogged up on the inside about the third time I used them. I'm nowheres near a Cabela's so I just called Meopta. Although very polite about it, the lady told me that I would have to go through Cabela's. I even offered to pay for the service and she told me it would be too costly as they would be shipped overseas for repair. This was awhile back but I just stick with the Meopta lines now.
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

I thought the same thing but that's not what happened in my case. I bought a heavily used pair of Euros that fogged up on the inside about the third time I used them. I'm nowheres near a Cabela's so I just called Meopta. Although very polite about it, the lady told me that I would have to go through Cabela's. I even offered to pay for the service and she told me it would be too costly as they would be shipped overseas for repair. This was awhile back but I just stick with the Meopta lines now.

Good to know, thanks for posting that info.
Posted By: SKane Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/16/18
Originally Posted by gene270

Agree. Bought a 12x50 Meostar from Doug last week - much less than Cabela's Euro HD. blush
Originally Posted by kingston

The two employees I talked to in the Huntsville AL Cabelas last week. One guy was a seasoned employee and wasn’t happy about it either.

The two employees I talked to in the Huntsville AL Cabelas last week. One guy was a seasoned employee and wasn’t happy about it either.

According to the website Cabela’s branded products are covered with Cabela’s Lifetime Guarantee.

[Linked Image]

According to the website Cabela’s branded products are covered with Cabela’s Lifetime Guarantee.

[Linked Image]

confused Seriously?? I hope you are correct but I believe that was only true up until the point they were purchased by bass pro and bass pro decided not to honor “Cabelas Legendary Guarantee”. Why would basspro honor their guarantee? It wouldn’t be a wise financial move one their part. Show me where Johnny Morris says he’ll honor cabelas lifetime warranty and I’ll believe it.

Why would bass pro change “cabelas” webpage when they are still trying to liquidate cabelas merchandise that some will purchase slowly b/c they think they have a lifetime warranty with the product.

All I know for sure is what a seasoned employee told me at the store.
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

I have some recent experience with Meopta service, I was treated well, but they do not do any repair in the USA, they
are all sent back to Europe.

Cablea's in any case has not offered a transferable warranty on their binoculars, so you are out on that count anyway.
Posted By: prm Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/18/18
I had issues with Meopta scopes and they, along with Doug, provided excellent service. I’d go with them vice rolling the dice with what is left of Cabelas.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/18/18
I see no reason to shop Cabelas anymore
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together-faqs

Says they will still honor the Cabelas lifetime warranties.

David
The only reason I even brought this up, i saw a 10x42 Cabelas for $400. They're gone now but thought I might roll the dice at that price. Otherwise I deal with Doug. I haven't bought binoculars from anywhere else since he came to the Fire years ago. He's great to deal with.
Posted By: rbell Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/19/18
First i am not a lawyer, but it seems to me that we ( I have two pair of Cabelas instinct binoculars) signed a deal with Cabelas when we bought the binoculars. Just because there is a change in ownership doesn't change the fact there is an agreement between the buyer (me) and seller (cabelas) of their binoculars. As long as they are operating as Cabelas I believe they have an obligation to honour their warranty. When the ownership of other corporations changes it does not change the relationship of the acquired corporation with their clients. Its often called goodwill and the buyer ofter pays a lot for it as I believe Basspro did. Let the flames begin.
^^^^^This^^^^^

This mirrors my thinking.
Posted By: WAM Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 09/19/18
Just pulled the trigger on new binoculars and got a great deal on them from Doug at Camera Land! Big one day sale. Happy Trails
Kinston,

Just ask them and they will tell you. I found out about the new policy a few months after the merger. Sucks.
Posted By: Bill_N Re: Cabelas 'Meopta' binoculars - 10/18/18

The Customer Service desk!
The people at the customer desk, usually know less than my dog would about the subject.

You would need to get this verified by someone at the company level.

So go ahead and do that and report back. The big question, is if they do a transferrable warranty.

There are not many optics sold by Cablea's that are made by Meopta, the others are made in China, from a multitude of
vendors.

Until then, the written warranty explained above applies.
Originally Posted by Canazes9
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/together-faqs

Says they will still honor the Cabelas lifetime warranties.

David

Again, says right in that link I previously posted Bass Pro WILL HONOR CABELAS LIFETIME WARRANTIES.

David
© 24hourcampfire