Home
Posted By: driggy Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
Was watching TV last night and see that Sig has a line of scopes that are linked to to a line of range finders. You range the target and the scope has a lighted dot that shows the proper hold over. It also has red lights on the right and left sides of the horizontal cross hair that light up if you cant the rifle. If you cant counterclockwise the left side lights up, clockwise the right side. Also, the dot for hold over will flash if the energy and ballistics make a killing shot uncertain.
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
Big Brother inside of a scope now
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
I had an early test model and used it on a CO antelope hunt last month— it works as-advertised.

A cool feature to me is that you can use the app to program a custom reticle and use it without it being tethered to the rangefinder.
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
Bluetooth link between the two?
Posted By: TexasTBag Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
Originally Posted by Woodhits
I had an early test model and used it on a CO antelope hunt last month— it works as-advertised.

A cool feature to me is that you can use the app to program a custom reticle and use it without it being tethered to the rangefinder.

Just out of curiosity what antelope rifle hunt is open in August, private land in 79? Thanks!
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
Is the laser rangefinder contained in the scope or you use a separate unit?

MM
Posted By: driggy Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
The way they showed it on TV, they are separate scope and rangefinder. There is a green LED on the top that flashes when they communicate. I saw it on Gun Gear.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
https://www.sigsauer.com/products/bdx/
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Sigs new scope - 09/20/18
I'll be glad when advancements measure wind/elevation/barometric pressure and tell me when to pull the trigger , then stream it onto twitter/instagram .
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Sigs new scope - 09/21/18
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
Originally Posted by Woodhits

Just out of curiosity what antelope rifle hunt is open in August, private land in 79? Thanks!

Hunt was just north of Craig on a Ranching for Wildlife property.
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Sigs new scope - 09/21/18
[Linked Image]
The ethics of this setup are a different story, altogether. I’m not sure how I feel about it as a hunter, but it does what it claims to do.
Posted By: TexasTBag Re: Sigs new scope - 09/21/18
Nice!
Posted By: precision223 Re: Sigs new scope - 09/24/18
That’s on very beautiful scope with amazing specifications. Is the manufacturer price released yet.?
Posted By: Hjortejeger Re: Sigs new scope - 09/29/18
https://www.outdoorlife.com/2018-best-new-rifle-scopes-hunting-long-range-shooting
Posted By: OMCHamlin Re: Sigs new scope - 10/01/18
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Soon, you'll hook up to the micro-USB port and enter your license number. The onboard video and GPS will cover reporting the harvest. (and other things...)

But, serious question; Are Sig optics worth a crap? Or are they just a "lets expand the brand" flash in the pan, turd in the punch bowl? What is a comparable (quality/price wise) unit to their scopes or red dots?
Posted By: WAM Re: Sigs new scope - 10/01/18
What about eye relief? Looks like the scope is mounted way back on the action from the photo. Happy Trails
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Sigs new scope - 10/01/18
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Soon, you'll hook up to the micro-USB port and enter your license number. The onboard video and GPS will cover reporting the harvest. (and other things...)

But, serious question; Are Sig optics worth a crap? Or are they just a "lets expand the brand" flash in the pan, turd in the punch bowl? What is a comparable (quality/price wise) unit to their scopes or red dots?

Sig Optics are very good and they are growing very fast.
Posted By: Albroswift Re: Sigs new scope - 10/07/18
Hello, folks
Just got the Sig Sauer Sierra3 6.5-20 x 52 + Kilo 2400 BDX Kit. Using the rangefinder this hunting season putting the scope on a range gun for now (too late to re-scope any of the hunting rifles). The Rangefinder appears to have some pretty cool features for use with non BDX scopes (Viper HS-T on the 338) automatically generating holdovers for one of 25 different ballistic profiles. Shows data onscreen immediately after ranging. Also transmits data back to smart phone for viewing. Several features not really explained that well on the reviews.
Have some questions for someone familiar with scope, the reticle seems thick compared to my other scopes, not to out of line but definitely thicker. There is also a series of lines that kind of look like mini blinds below the horizontal element, no color to them, like looking through open blinds. Not shown on Sigs reticle diagram on their website, but they are apparent in some of the youtube videos, although not mentioned. Wondering what the heck are they?

Attached picture reticleAct.200.jpg
Attached picture Screen1Ad.200.jpg
Attached picture BDX-R1.200.jpg
Posted By: Woodhits Re: Sigs new scope - 10/08/18
The lines that you see are how the LEDs are superimposed on the lenses. Essentially, every possible dot on the scope needs a lead running to it which is what you're seeing.
© 24hourcampfire