Home
Posted By: Bearschlayerx2 Sig Whiskey question - 10/22/18
I have a Mossberg Patriot in 300 magnum. Right now I have an older Redfield 3-9 on it, but I want that scope for on a different rifle. I like the looks of the Sig wwhiskey and they can be had fairly cheap for a new one. Will this scope hold up to the recoil of my rifle? I am going to get a set of Talleys to mount it. My next choice is a Redfield Revolution.Thanks for any help or advice.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Sig Whiskey question - 10/22/18
Ive got and shot both, but never on a .300 Mag. Eye relief on the Whiskey is slightly more critical, which can be an issue with a gun that kicks. The Revolution, with their close relationship to a VX-I I would trust with the recoil.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Sig Whiskey question - 10/22/18
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive got and shot both, but never on a .300 Mag. Eye relief on the Whiskey is slightly more critical, which can be an issue with a gun that kicks. The Revolution, with their close relationship to a VX-I I would trust with the recoil.

The same but kinda different, I have a 3-9x40 Redfield Revolution on an inline 50 cal that may weigh 6 lbs, it eats 150 gr 777 powder under 300 gr 45 cal. saboted bullets, that Revolution has never faltered, it's solid, with clear glass and good eye relief.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Sig Whiskey question - 10/22/18
BTW, that inline kicks harder than any 300 mag. I have.
Posted By: amax155 Re: Sig Whiskey question - 10/23/18
I have had a Whiskey 3 on my CVA Optima 50 cal for 2 years now. No problems so far with 150 gr loads behind 345 gr Powerbelts.
© 24hourcampfire