Home
Posted By: Old Ornery 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/06/18
Has anyone owned or reviewed the following binoculars? I am looking at getting a pair for low light hunting:

Meopta Meostar 8 x 56 B1

Docter 8 x 56 ED/OH

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/06/18
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Has anyone owned or reviewed the following binoculars? I am looking at getting a pair for low light hunting:

Meopta Meostar 8 x 56 B1

Docter 8 x 56 ED/OH

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Looked thru the Meostar and solicited advice from Eagle Optics who said it was a decent binocular. I could not find any Docter Optic porro prism binos so I passed on that brand, I heard the roof prisms are outstanding.

I ended up buying Zeiss FL's in 8x56
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/06/18
Docter is finished in binoculars, maybe all optics, maybe now just rifle sights, sometime last year or so.

The Docter Nobilem porro prism binoculars are very good, I owned the 15x60 model. They were associated with Zeiss
for a long time.

The hard thing now going forward is any service. I had to order a new eyecup from Europe, not good, now that is not there either.
Posted By: Ringman Re: 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/06/18
I have some 8X56 I inherited. They are so big I never even looked through them. I don't know what brand they are, but they are roof prism.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/06/18
That is good to know.
Posted By: joe6555 Re: 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/07/18
Don't have either of the ones you ask about, but did just get a Kowa 8x56 from Doug. Trying to check them out, but have been down with shingles. Hope to get them wrung out soon. Seem nice so far.
Posted By: kingston Re: 8 x 56 Binoculars - 12/07/18
I’ve got Minox HG 8x56 BR and they’re stellar. The price is size and weight.
© 24hourcampfire