Home
Meopta Meostar R2 1.7x10x42 BDC3

Anybody using one? Now that I've crossed over 50, my eyes are beginning to diminish (never were great to begin with). Looking for an illuminated set and forget scope for my thick woods rifle, like having the option to shoot at range (mostly at the rifle range).

Mostly looking for feedback on the illumination and optics in low light (not night hunting) usage.

Thanks!

David
I looked at that same scope but just couldn't swing the cash. I opted for the meopro BDC.
24hr bump

Anybody have experience with this scope?

David
Nothing to do with nothing, but as I've gotten older (54 this year), I find I have good and bad eye days. I wouldn't have run one in my 20's, but a Nazi #1 has proven to be the sheit for my woods, evening hunting. That #1 is contained in a Meopro 6x42.

Not to take away from the one you are asking about, but for pure huntability at O dark 30, the #1 has yet to fail me. It's a shift from what one is accustomed to, but old dogs can learn new tricks.
Just a heads up, we are working on bringing in some great opportunities on Meopro and Meostar riflescopes
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Just a heads up, we are working on bringing in some great opportunities on Meopro and Meostar riflescopes

What kind of time frame? I figure that's what I'll be recommending my friend buy.

Closeouts,demo's,all the above?
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

What kind of time frame? I figure that's what I'll be recommending my friend buy.

Closeouts,demo's,all the above?

I'm in the market ... so yes what time frame?
Couple of weeks maybe
I have no experience with the 1.7-10 but I have spent some time behind the 2-12x50 R2 and it was the nicest scope i have ever used illumination works great and will go down very dim on the lower settings glass is excellent. The one I used had he 4K reticle no info on the BDC 3.
Originally Posted by grumpy7904
I have no experience with the 1.7-10 but I have spent some time behind the 2-12x50 R2 and it was the nicest scope i have ever used illumination works great and will go down very dim on the lower settings glass is excellent. The one I used had he 4K reticle no info on the BDC 3.

Thank You!

David
Re: the G1 - had one in a 4x33 and it was lightning fast sight acquisition, very bold, and for woods ranges, is a nice option.
David, that particular R2 hasn't been available in the US for more than a year or so IIRC. I saw it at DSC about 4 years ago at the Meopta booth, and even though Meopta USA had plans to sell it here, for whatever reason they didn't until recently. The R2's are held in very high regard by those who've used them, and I believe the glass can run with S&B, Swaro, and everyone else for that matter.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
David, that particular R2 hasn't been available in the US for more than a year or so IIRC. I saw it at DSC about 4 years ago at the Meopta booth, and even though Meopta USA had plans to sell it here, for whatever reason they didn't until recently. The R2's are held in very high regard by those who've used them, and I believe the glass can run with S&B, Swaro, and everyone else for that matter.

Thanks JG!

David
OK, Looks like we are good to go.
If you're looking for Meopta optics give us a call and you'll be THRILLED you did smile
OK, Looks like we are good to go.
If you're looking for Meopta optics give us a call and you'll be THRILLED you did smile

Geez, my new binoculars haven't even been delivered yet, I've got to wait just a little!

How long is the Meopta special going to last?

David
1st quarter of the year unless we sell out sooner.

Here's a sample of what products it'll be. Open box, same as new + some new that usually isn't here in the USA:

Item name
MEOSTAR B1 7x50
MEOSTAR B1 8x32
MeoPro 10x32 HD
MEOSTAR B1 12x50
ARTEMIS 2000 1,5-6x42 - 4
ARTEMIS 2000 1,5-6x42 - 4A
ARTEMIS 2000 1,5-6x42 - Z
ARTEMIS 2000 6x42 - MIL DOT
ARTEMIS 2000 6x42 - Z
ARTEMIS 2000 6x42 - 4B
ARTEMIS 2000 6x42 - 8B
ARTEMIS 2000 3-9x42 - 4
ARTEMIS 2000 3-9x42 - Z
RIFLESCOPE MEOPRO 4,5-14x44 -BDC
RIFLESCOPE MEOPRO 4,5-14x44 -BDC TARGET
RIFLESCOPE MEOPRO 4,5-14x44 -MW
RIFLESCOPE MEOPRO 4,5-14x44 -MW TARGET
RIFLESCOPE MEOPRO 4,5-14x44 -Z-PLEX
RIFLESCOPE MEOPRO 4,5-14x44 -Z-PLEX TARGET
MEOPRO 3-9x42 - MMD
MEOPRO 3,5-10x44 – 4
MEOSTAR R1 7x56 - Z
MEOSTAR R2 1,7-10x42 RD - BDC-2
MEOSTAR R2 1,7-10x42 RD - BDC-3
MEOSTAR R2 2-12x50 RD - BDC-2
MEOSTAR R2 2-12x50 RD - BDC-3
MEOSTAR R2 2,5-15x56 RD - BDC-2
MEOSTAR R2 2,5-15x56 RD - BDC-3
MEOSTAR R2 1,7-10x42 RD - 4K
If any Meostar B1 15x56 boxes become open let us know.
Originally Posted by prm
If any Meostar B1 15x56 boxes become open let us know.

Call me tomorrow smile
Are the meostar scopes a good option for dialing?
Doug- will you be posting prices for the items above? Thanks!
I am working on it, however, here's a start:

Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 - Reticle 4 - M542810 reduced from $649.95 to only $399.99

Open Box Meopta Meopro 6x42 in #1, #4B, #8B, MilDot and Z-Plex from $399.99 - $449.99

Open Box Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44 in various reticles only $449.99 - $499.99 in Hunting and Target Turrets. Please call to discuss

Meopta Artemis 2000 1.5-6x42 in your choice of 4, 4A, Z-Plex or #1 reticle only $449.99

Open Box Meopta MeoStar 1.7-10x42 R2 Illuminated in your choice of BDC2, BDC3 or 4K reticle reduced to only $1,049.99

Open Box Meopta Meostar R2 2-12x50 Illuminated in your choice of BDC2 or BDC3 only $1,099.99

Open Box Meopta MeoStar R2 2.5-15x56 RD in your choice of BDC2 or BDC 3 only $1,199.99

Meopta MeoStar R1 7x56 Z-Plex only $449.99
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I believe Swarovski threatened or actually sued Meopta when they came out with their 6x offerings
whatever happened to that oeh?? musta solved that quibble as the R2 scopes are now available in the US. I think the issue was with the 2.5-15x56mm for some reason. I guess swaro thought meopta stole some of their tech or some such. It would be nice if somebody enlightened us on the matter.
Big Ed
Originally Posted by whitearrow
whatever happened to that oeh?? musta solved that quibble as the R2 scopes are now available in the US. I think the issue was with the 2.5-15x56mm for some reason. I guess swaro thought meopta stole some of their tech or some such. It would be nice if somebody enlightened us on the matter.
Big Ed

Someone at Swarovski probably got their panties in a wad because it is 1/2 the price of a Swaro and the same or very similiar power range . One day the whole lineup is on the website , next day they are all gone. I called Meopta and was told that they were pulling them and only selling them in Europe. I believe that someone at Eurooptic mentioned a lawsuit when I called them. Now they are all back and for sale in the US . Who knows.
Follow up post:

I received a few pm's asking me about this scope, time to post a follow up. Scope had a minor delay getting to Doug. Then a minor delay while the USPS shipped it to Bismarck, ND before it came to me. Then another minor delay when I had to go out of town, just got in tonight.

So...

From what I can tell in my limited handling, the glass/coatings are first rate. The illumination appeared to be able to be adjusted to be dim enough to be useable in dusk/dawn situations, probably too bright for night hunting. VERY generous eye relief and a forgiving eye box. Finally, the odd position of the elevation/windage turretts/illumination controls on the tube make it impossible to mount this scope on the intended rifle w/o some sort of extended mount set up - deal killer for intended use, it's going back to Doug.

David
Thanks for the follow up.
What is odd about the position of the knobs?
Originally Posted by prm
What is odd about the position of the knobs?

[Linked Image]

Rifle on the right is the intended recepient, Benelli R1 w/ SWFA SS 6x42, Rifle on left is a SA Rem 700 w/ SWFA 3-15X42.

[Linked Image]

Rifle on left is a Kimber 84M w/ SWFA 3-9x42.

The Meopta has almost 4" of eye relief, so I can't mount it any further back. Would probably work better on LA rifles.

I took the Meopta back out of the box this morning and looked it over/through it. I really like the scope, I'm thinking I may rethink my decision, evaluate my mounting options.

David
Thanks. I see what you mean.
One of the things you have to consider, is that the more complicated the erector system the more space it needs. The erector system is located between the turrets and the eyepiece. The reticle cell is usually right under the turrets, so everythign in front of it is the objective lens system and everything behind it, but before the eyepiece is the erector.

Meostar R2 has a 6x erector, so they needed a little more space for it. The 3x erector on the SWFA SS 3-9x42 needs a little space.

There is obviously, some variance due to the specific design, but in general a higher ratio erector needs more length.

A very good example of what I am talking about is between the two higher magnification Blaser scopes: 2.8-20x50 and 4-20x58. The turrets on the 4-20x58 are a lot closer to the eyepiece. I'll dig up a picture and post it.

ILya
If you could get a longer rail for the Benelli, it would work.

DF
Koshkin,

Good pts I hadn't considered.

DF

To my knowledge, there is only one rail available for the Benelli (the rail supplied w/ the rifle). I've looked, haven't seen other options. If anyone knows of extended rail options, I would be interested.

I removed the SWFA scope/ring combination and mounted the bottoms of some old Millett high 30mm rings that I had laying around just so I could set the scope on the bottoms (no top of the rings) and evaluate. The Milletts are much thinner than front to back than the SWFA rings and allow the scope to be pushed further forward. With the scope pushed all the way forward it seems like it would work okay - I would need some lower rings. I hate to mount a scope with the turretts right next to the ring, not sure how big a problem that would be for this scope.

Nightforce makes a low 1 piece mount for a picatinny rail that would easily allow proper eye relief for my set up and some more generous ring spacing, but it's a 20MOA mount. My previous SWFA set up was almost perfectly centered in elevation, so I'll need 20 MOA down elevation to use that, which I seriously doubt this scope has.

Does anyone know of a low 30mm extend ring/1 piece set-up that would work?

Doug gave me the contact number for the US Meopta guy, left a message. Hopefully, he can answer some of those questions.

David
Update:

I just spoke w/ Eric @ Meopta. He said either previously mentioned option should work. He said that as long as the rings weren't physically touching the turrett housing it wouldn't hurt anything, just leave ~1/32" space. He also said that the scope has 88MOA total adjustment range in both the windage and elevation - I'm pleasantly surprised!

The nightforce 1 piece mount is very expensive, but that's the direction I'm leaning at the moment unless someone can offer some more economical suggestions?

David
David,
I am glad Erik was able to assist. He is VERY knowledgeable
David,

Talley steel bases, LW rings have some offset.

www.talleymanufacturing.com/product-tag/benelli-3/

DF
Midwestgunworks R1 rail. Looks longer than the OEM rail;

May want to call them...

www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/81130

DF

Edited for better price. https://lapolicegear.com/benelli-81130-r1scope-base-picattiny.html

Even "Dead Nuts" have some offset...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/dnz-dednutz-benelli-r1-30mm-scope-tube-mount.html

DF
DF

Thanks for the information. I had forgotten about the Talley's, but I have looked at them before. Even w/ the offset, you can't really achieve additional forward spacing over the picatinny rail.

The rail you've linked appears to be identical to the 11 slot picatinny rail it came with.

The DNZ does appear to be a viable option if I'm willing to give up the rail. Nice to have the rail, been my experience that scope/ring combinations removed and re-installed retain zero almost perfectly, allowing me some options there.

I appreciate the information, still thinking on it.

David
Let us know how you work it out.

DF

Edited to add, check out Weaver type extension rings. http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases/rings/detachable_top_mount/

They'll work with your existing rail.
Update:

Longer recoil pad, longer LOP, Seekins Low rings, everything is more better...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

David
Good job. Looks good to go. A bit off on a tangent, but what caliber is your R1 and what kind of groups do you get at 100? Thanks. RJ
Looks like you got it solved. I like my scopes set back a bit, would probably work for me.

Tell us more about the scope.

DF

Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 - Reticle 4 - M542810 reduced from $649.95 to only $399.99

Open Box Meopta Meopro 6x42 in #1, #4B, #8B, MilDot and Z-Plex from $399.99 - $449.99

Open Box Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44 in various reticles only $449.99 - $499.99 in Hunting and Target Turrets. Please call to discuss

Meopta Artemis 2000 1.5-6x42 in your choice of 4, 4A, Z-Plex or #1 reticle only $449.99

Open Box Meopta MeoStar 1.7-10x42 R2 Illuminated in your choice of BDC2, BDC3 or 4K reticle reduced to only $1,049.99

Open Box Meopta Meostar R2 2-12x50 Illuminated in your choice of BDC2 or BDC3 only $1,099.99

Open Box Meopta MeoStar R2 2.5-15x56 RD in your choice of BDC2 or BDC 3 only $1,199.99

Originally Posted by JJF

Doug,

How bold is the Z-Plex reticle in the Meostar 7x56 vs #4 in the Meopro 6x42 (which I bought from you last year)? Thanks.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Looks like you got it solved. I like my scopes set back a bit, would probably work for me.

Tell us more about the scope.

DF

DF,

I still haven't shot it yet, so can't really offer a lot on the scope yet. Glass is clear and bright, eye relief/eye box are excellent. Illumination can be turned low enough that I can barely see it on a cloudy night an hour after sunset. I hope to get it sighted in and maybe go shoot a few hogs in the next month or so. I'll provide an update them...

Regards,

David
Just a heads up, we have these Meopta Meostar 1.7-10x42's on sale for only $1,049.99
Doug,

Do you still have the ARTEMIS 2000 6x42 - MIL DOT?

If so can you tell me whether it has 1/4” MOA or .1mol adjustments?
Yes, 1 6x42 MilDot left with 1" tube and CM adjustments

Originally Posted by JJF
Originally Posted by JJF

Doug,

How bold is the Z-Plex reticle in the Meostar 7x56 vs #4 in the Meopro 6x42 (which I bought from you last year)? Thanks.

I am sorry I just went to take a peek and all we have left in 7x56 Meostar's is Z-Plex
Thanks for the reply, Doug. You have nothing to be sorry for, as your previous listing made it clear that you only had R1 7x56 with a Z-plex reticle. Since I had purchased the Meopro 6x42 with #4 reticle from you last year (and really like that reticle BTW), I was wondering how bold the Z-plex reticle was in the 7x56 compared to the #4 reticle in the Meopro 6x42. I have no problem seeing the #4 reticle well after dark. Ideally, I'd like the 7x56 with a #4 reticle (I missed out on your great deal on this in late 2018).
The Plex in the MeoStar is not as heavy as the #4 in the 6x42
Thanks for the reply, Doug.
Doug,

PM sent.
© 24hourcampfire