Home
Posted By: covejeepsxj Leupold Reticle “Name” - 02/14/19
I have a Vari-X III 1.5-5 with a Reticle that has three dots below and one dot above the intersection of duplex crosshairs. Any idea what this reticle is called??
Covejeepsxj: I went through all 5 (five!) pages of reticles on Leupolds latest on line website and I went back to my 2,016 Leupold catalog thinking your described reticle may have been discontinued of recent - nothing on either place matches your description.
Could you give me the the date code "suffix" or "prefix" LETTER so I can look that up and determine the year of manufacture of your scope - that will aid me in going through my on hand past edition Leupold catalogs.
Good luck in your search - I have not had any luck as yet.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
CoveJeepSXJ,

Happy to help! That sounds like what we call simply our Custom BDC Reticle. It would have been installed by our Custom Shop when the scope was built, or when it was sent in to have the reticle changed. It is typically designed for a 200yd zero and the value of those three holdovers would be based on a load described to our Custom Shop by the customer.

The dot above the center crosshair does not have a specific purpose in that scope, but you could play with it and use it as a range finding feature if you determine at what distance your intended game animal fits in the gap.

Give us a call at 1-800-LEUPOLD if you have any other questions about it!
Posted By: slm9s Re: Leupold Reticle “Name” - 02/14/19
I have one that sounds similar:

[Linked Image]
Thanks All!

Mine has a G suffix serial number.

slm9s, Yes, very similar.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Leupold Reticle “Name” - 02/14/19

Thanks for the info LeupoldOptics.

Does Leopold have any intentions of adding " Green Dot" rets. to the lineup ?
Covejeepsxj: Wasn't that nice of the Leupold representative to answer your question. That is why I could not find it in the catalog, its from the Custom Shop.
I assume that would add value and usefulness to your scope!
Good for you and for Leupold Optics.
Long Live Leupold - a fine American Company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire