Home
Posted By: Otter6 Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
What's the local consensus regarding the Fullfield 2 as a durable, cheap, set and forget scope?
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
I have a 2x7 and it is very sharp and well made for the money. The only drawback is they have slightly less eye relief than others.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
I think its a great scope for the money. I have a couple of them, one being used on a rimfire. I believe the ballistic plex reticle is among the best in the holdover reticle designs. I agree with the above post that eye relief is less than some others.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
I like them for set em and forget em sorta optics. Have a few 2x7’s and 3x9’s. No problems with mine so far and they stay zeroed.
Posted By: WAM Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
I have 3 Burris Signature Select (now discontinued but available in Steiner brand for twice the money) and a Fullfield E1. All have been very reliable, hold zero, and seem to track well. They are not alpha glass, but certainly in the Good to Better category. Happy Trails
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
Thanks guys. Been kicking around one in 3-9X ballistic plex. On the other hand, for about a "c" note more I can order a 6X super chicken. Never had one of them and feel like I should have by now.
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
I bought one last fall on sale to put on a 30-06. It is as good as anything I have looked through for 156 bucks. Reputation is good.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
Originally Posted by Otter6
Thanks guys. Been kicking around one in 3-9X ballistic plex. On the other hand, for about a "c" note more I can order a 6X super chicken. Never had one of them and feel like I should have by now.

The Burris you mentioned is absolutely first choice in what you're looking for.
Posted By: Steve Redgwell Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/16/19
Agreed. I have 5 of the 2x7 scopes. They are on a variety of rifles. I haven't had a problem with any. I bought a 3x9 Burris for an 8x57mm, but I haven't put it on yet.

I wouldn't anticipate any problems.
Posted By: Ghostman Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Darn good scope especially for the price
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by ingwe

+1

I have four.
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Now that is some positive feedback. Headed to the range in a bit. Magneto speed session. Guess I'll be clicking submit on the old shopping cart this afternoon. Sweet!
Posted By: Remington280 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Great scopes. Sent you a PM
Posted By: Hudge Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
I have a 3-9 that is great on a Marlin XS7 .308. I have another one that's a 4.5-14 sitting on an H&R .223, I could care less for that particular one. The 3-9 one, I love that one and it has held up great.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by ingwe

Yep, that burris FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex, is one of my favorite set and forget hunting rifle scopes. They just work and do very well for their price point. The last one I bought for $131.00, a few months ago, from ebay. I threw it on an old rifle that I wanted to test out. Results did not surprise me in the least, from both the rifle or the scope:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Have one on a "spare" 06. Been beat around, loaned out, hunted hard and wet. Havent touched the dials in years and the zero has not moved. optics are ok ,tough good scope IMOP.

Lefty
Posted By: StarchedCover Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Great scopes for the money involved; I have a 2-7x35mm w/ #4 and 2 of the 3-9x40mm w/ Plex (one USA mfg. and the other from PI) that I've had for many years. They have been on top of several different rifles and have always held zero, tracked pretty well and optically pretty decent.
They are durable, my old hunting partner in da UP has one on his MK V 340 Weatherby that sent a Swarovski 3-9x36 (older one not the Z3) back to RI for repair twice or three times. His Burris FFII has been good to go for the past 4 or 5 years, it seems to hold up to the kiss of the 340 better than he does.

StarchedCover
Posted By: tj3006 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
i have had a couple,
Liked them fine. Went looking for a 2X7 yesterday, no luck. Bought a leupold VX freedom. 200.00 Kind of ugly but i think it will do. Try it out in about an hor. Mounted on my CZ 557.308
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Great scopes for the money involved; I have a 2-7x35mm w/ #4 and 2 of the 3-9x40mm w/ Plex (one USA mfg. and the other from PI) that I've had for many years. They have been on top of several different rifles and have always held zero, tracked pretty well and optically pretty decent.
They are durable, my old hunting partner in da UP has one on his MK V 340 Weatherby that sent a Swarovski 3-9x36 (older one not the Z3) back to RI for repair twice or three times. His Burris FFII has been good to go for the past 4 or 5 years, it seems to hold up to the kiss of the 340 better than he does.

StarchedCover

Ha ha. That's funny. But attests to how durable the FFII is. I have one American made FFII with ballistic plex rifle scope that started out on a 300wm and made its way to 8 other rifles in the 20 some odd years I've owned it... If that one ever goes tits up, i'm not going to send it in, but rather hang it on the wall!!! Here it is in retirement right now:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
I've used FFII's with no problems on rifles up to .300 Weatherby, and have around half-a-dozen right now. The one below is on a NULA Model 28, and obviously works very well:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
What Talley lightweights would you mount one in for a T3?
Posted By: oldmodel Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/17/19
Does the whole eyepiece still turn when you change power?
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/18/19
Originally Posted by oldmodel
Does the whole eyepiece still turn when you change power?

This is the only real flaw I found with them and it bothers me enough that I no longer own any FF II's.
I like the E1 that I have. It has a traditional power ring.
Posted By: shootem Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/19/19
Have a USA 3.5-10x50 currently on a Ruger .270 red pad, son's 7x57 Ruger has a USA 3-9x40 and a CVA Optima V2 muzzleloader has an E1 with duplex I got on close out from Natchez. And as mentioned the E1 does not spin the whole ocular when you change power setting. Really like the E1 with duplex. Probably the reason they discontinued it. They work.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/19/19
What Talley lightweights would you mount one in for a T3?

I like mediums and I have them on my Tikka..
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/19/19
My oldest scope I have is the Burris 6x40 FF2. Great #4 reticle and every time I think I need to replace it I find myself still loving it. Bought stuff in between, Vx3, M8, Sightron S2, Meopta Artemis, Weaver K's - last scope I bought has glass as good or better\brighter than any of them and it is that illuminated center dot #4 Burris I told everyone about for $160. About the only thing negative I can say is that many had more positive click adjustments- but my Leupold ain't one of them.
Posted By: JDK Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/19/19
Originally Posted by kenjs1
About the only thing negative I can say is that many had more positive click adjustments

I would agree. The adjustments are almost like friction rather than click.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Fullfield 2 ? - 03/19/19
I know- right? It still seems to track fine though. I swear it is the exact same adjustments on my Vx3. The two feel identical.
© 24hourcampfire