Home
Posted By: rj308 Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/14/19
I shot this buck on the first day of my hunt at about 6:40 AM. At just around 75 to 80 meters, I could have used just about any scope. But, it was nice not having to agonize over what power to set the scope on using this Meopta 6x42 on my Browning A-Bolt in 6.5x55 Swede. RJ
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ready Re: Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/14/19
What a nice buck. Weidmannsheil.

Quite a game face, too.
Nice . How is the weather , still a little cold ? I miss the spring there ! Here in south Florida is already full summer .
Ron, Congrats on the nice buck!
That’s a VERY nice Roe! Good job!

John
A perfect six point.

Weidmannsheil.

Roe are one of my favorite animals to hunt.
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/15/19
Beautiful deer, if you don't mind me asking what country are you hunting in?
Posted By: rj308 Re: Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/15/19
Thanks for the kind comments guys. This old man is happy to just get out into the woods once in a while.

gerry35, Romania

Cornel, It has been a very cool spring this year. We have had a lot of rain. I had to delay my hunting for about 2 weeks. My hunting day was beautiful, then ever since then it has been raining again. "Sometimes even a blind pig finds an acorn".

Ready, That's what happens when you get this old. You think you are smiling for a picture and that's what you get. Oh well! RJ
Posted By: gerry35 Re: Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/15/19
Thank you, always thought Romania was a neat country. Your 6.5x55 is still one of the best deer rounds, haven't been without one since the mid 1990's.
Posted By: hanco Re: Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/15/19
Nice buck!
RJ308

What are firearm restrictions like over there?
RJ,

Great pictures! I miss hunting with you and Horia.

All the best
Posted By: rj308 Re: Scope for hunting Roe deer - 05/15/19
Oldelkhunter,

All firearms must be licensed and can only be sold through a dealer. Reloading metallic cartridges is not permitted, but lots of good factory ammo is available. You have to have a very good need to be licensed for a handgun. Most hunters here own only one to three rifles/shotguns. I put up with the restrictions because I have far more good hunting opportunities here than I would be able to afford in the U.S.A.

Caleveras,

I've met a lot of good hunters with Horia and his crew. I hope you can come back and we have a chance to "dodge" the bears again. RJ
RJ

Thanks for the Info. I used to own one rifle and shotgun before I started visiting this site as well. grin
© 24hourcampfire