Home
Posted By: Switch Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/15/19
I have seen posts on the Fire stating the Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP w/ phase coat is a great glass. Mule Deer had a post a couple of days ago praising them. They are no longer made by Pentex, replaced by the Pentex ZD HD 10 X 43. Are these binoculars comparable in performance? In looking for a used pair how do you tell if they have phase coating, or do they all have it in this model?
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/15/19
I have 8x32 and 10x50 DCF SP; they are great value in glass. You should be able to find some on EBay and Pentax has great customer service.
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/15/19
I'm pretty sure the old models and new models are all phase coated. I had a pair of the older models. They were the best bang for the buck back then. I think you can do better for the money today
they are great binoculars however the ones I see listed for sale are for over $400 bucks. IMO that is not worth it and not worth it by a lot. The problem is break an eyecup or mangle the focus wheel, who is going to fix them? I have no idea how pentax deals with this since they left the sport optics business essentially. They were a great value when new and when pentax was still selling them I think I paid about $450 for mine back nearly 15 years ago. For $400 I save my money an pick up some meopta meostars from doug, albeit at a bit high cost. I personally would not pay more than about $150 for a pair of these, knowing I am my own warranty station.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/15/19
The first thing I ever bought from Doug @ Cameraland was a pair of these - probably 15+ years ago. I remember calling him and asking if they where real or fake ones because his price was so good:) Anyway, still have them and use them mostly on every hunt, they have been through heck and still are nice and clear. I might upgrade to a pair of the Meopta's this year but its tough since the old DCP SP's are still going strong.
Posted By: bowmanh Re: Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/15/19
I have a couple of these binoculars. I like them a lot and they were great for their time but I think there are better values available today.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/15/19
There's several pair on flea-bay right now for $189.00. I have a pair of DCF WPs in 10x40 and IMHO they are great binos. Maybe one day I'll replace them with a pair of Meostar 10X40s or Leica Trinovid 10x42.
Posted By: Boman Re: Pentex 10 X 43 DCF SP - 05/16/19
I have a 15 year old pair of 10x50 DCF WPs and they are great binos. I've had to send them in a couple times for small stuff and they repaired them once and replaced them once with a new pair( they said one of the barrels was leaking, but I never had a problem) They have a lifetime warranty and if you Google it you will see Ricoh does the warranty service.
© 24hourcampfire