Home
Are they not as sturdy as a centerfire rifle scope or is it just the distance the parallax is set for?Thanks ahead, Huntz
Usually just the parallax adjustment..
Huntz,

I can't speak for other manufacturers' products, but when Leupold calls a Riflescope "rimfire", we typically mean that it has features that make it suitable to common rimfire use. These include an adjustable or 60-yard-fixed parallax-free distance and reticles designed to appeal to rimfire shooters. Nothing to worry about as far as recoil or durability if you mount it to a magnum centerfire rifle.
Originally Posted by Huntz
Are they not as sturdy as a centerfire rifle scope or is it just the distance the parallax is set for?Thanks ahead, Huntz

I have a couple of Weaver RV7, 2-7X28, scopes on light recoiling CF rifles and they have worked fine for several years.
Thanks for the answers,Huntz
I asked Nikon about a 4x32 Prostaff rimfire scope. They told me same internals and assured me recoil would not be an issue.
Originally Posted by LeupoldOptics
Huntz,

I can't speak for other manufacturers' products, but when Leupold calls a Riflescope "rimfire", we typically mean that it has features that make it suitable to common rimfire use. These include an adjustable or 60-yard-fixed parallax-free distance and reticles designed to appeal to rimfire shooters. Nothing to worry about as far as recoil or durability if you mount it to a magnum centerfire rifle.

That’s neat. What does it mean when Leupold calls adjustments “repeatable”?
Ziiinnnnnngggggggg.
I ran a Leupold 3-9x EFR on a Rem 600 in .243 win.
Dandy little setup.
Originally Posted by LeupoldOptics
Huntz,

My experience with most rimfire scopes from Leopold and other brand has been right along these same lines.

ILya
© 24hourcampfire