Home
Posted By: Nebraska Scope caps for Bushnell LRHSi - 06/23/19
Anyone have experience with a good set of scope caps (upgrade from Butler Creek) for the Bushnell LRHS? It has a 44mm objective but I'm not sure what size to use for the ocular lens......
http://www.aadmount.com/Caps/Caps.html

I use these.
bingo......
Can't go wrong with AADMOUNT, but if you just want some el cheapo see through scope covers check out 'Quake Bushwacker 270 Optics Cover' from Natchez. I've lost Butler Creeks and AADMOUNT covers, so I figure for <$10 bucks I'll rock these. blush

https://outdoors.natchezss.com/search?w=Quake%20Bushwacker%20270%20Optics%20Cover

[Linked Image]
What size cap are you using on the back??
Originally Posted by Nebraska
What size cap are you using on the back??

You mean me? If I recall, it's a size 5 on the objective and a 3 on the ocular.
I've never had any objection using the Butler Creek caps, but I did upgrade to their Storm Cap series with the clear glass windows instead of the black out plastic covers. You can still see to shoot through the glass covers and they keep the dirt and moisture off of the scope. I'm not sure what more I could expect from a flip up scope cap? Lots of different sizes and I've got them on my binoculars too.
The Vortex Defenders are a fantastic bargain at $20 each, and have held up great through three years of rough use in Idaho. They aren't AADMOUNT, but they are closer than you'd believe.

Dave
Thanks for the heads-up on the Defenders.....I'll have to grap a set and try 'em out!
I've broken several of the Butler Creek flip-ups, and have migrated over to the bikini style, one size fits all.

[Linked Image]

Those AAD caps look nice though.
Only $99.95!

http://shop.aadmount.com/Flip-Up-Cap-Set-Bushnell-3-12X44-45-18X44mm-LRHS-CAPS-LRHS.htm

That's nothing when you have LRTSi money...
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

That's nothing when you have LRTSi money...

BS - Doug's price was saweet! LOL

I kinda like the idea of putting US made parts on my Jap scope on my Finnish rifle though.... laugh

Are the Vortex Chinky?
Thanks for the heads-up on the Defenders.....I'll have to grap a set and try 'em out!

I’ve really come to like the Defenders and what they offer for the money.
Color me wrong to guess.

Vortex Defenders are Made in the USA. Can anyone verify which model numbers fit?

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I've broken several of the Butler Creek flip-ups, and have migrated over to the bikini style, one size fits all.

[Linked Image]

That's what I've been using for the last 10-15 years and they work great, you just have to make sure they don't end up in the grass where you're sitting. I picked up a set of Defenders tonight and the rubber is much more pliable than the BCs so they're easier to get on/adjust. High hopes for these but thank you for the link to the AADMOUNTs too.....
Nebraska, do you happen to have the Defender sizes that fit? I'll go ahead and order a set. I have a LRTSi coming and want to get some protection on it right away.

Thanks a bunch for the thread...
Don't leave your rifle on the dash, on a hot summer day with the defenders on..... That soft rubber splits and falls apart real quick.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Nebraska, do you happen to have the Defender sizes that fit? I'll go ahead and order a set. I have a LRTSi coming and want to get some protection on it right away.

Thanks a bunch for the thread...

I used them for a short spell, real short. I’ve got two sets. I send you a set for $25 delivered.
You guys are such downers. LOL

We'll see if they'll hold up to my hardcore safe sitting!

I'll take them Kingston.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

[Linked Image]

That's what I've been using for the last 10-15 years and they work great, you just have to make sure they don't end up in the grass where you're sitting. I picked up a set of Defenders tonight and the rubber is much more pliable than the BCs so they're easier to get on/adjust. High hopes for these but thank you for the link to the AADMOUNTs too.....

Always liked black bikini's - classy looking smile , they make a nice looking necklace and are hard to lose that way .
Will they clash with my nylon web sling necktie?
Or my OD stock purse?
scopecoat,i hate those damn flip up caps. I have a bucket full of all different brands setting in the corner of my shop from used scopes I have bought.
I picked this set up for an Athlon ARES 4.5-27x50 and went with the E10/O50 set and they fit great. I'll be trying the E10/O44 on my LRHSi and will report back on the fit......
Anyone have Butler Creeks sizes handy for the lrts 4.5-18x44?
Try to find an old inner tube for a car tire and cut yourself a rubber band to stretch over the scope.
Lift the back end and the thing just flies off.
Extras are cheap, so just carry one along.
I tried the Vortex on both lenses and apparently they tend to get a memory to the rubber and stop gripping tight. When I first got them they were nice and snuck, but now they're lose and want to come off when I try to open them.
Haven’t looked, but what is MK Machine charging?
https://www.mkmachining.com/product/mk-machining-scope-caps/
Thanks Don. And thanks for not telling me to get off my lazy @ss and look it up. Lol
Originally Posted by erickg
Anyone have Butler Creeks sizes handy for the lrts 4.5-18x44?

14/34. Hint.

Bikini/inner tubes are fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint.

MK are nice folks,but thus far,I cain't like any of their wares. Hint.

Vortex is a nice try. Hint.

Bushwacker is schit too. Hint.

The Aadland objective actuator,ain't for me,as it's too proud and in the wayyyyyyyyy wrong location. Hint.

Though in fairness,I'm talking real weather and actual use. Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Thanks Stick, won’t be cutting up any bike tire tubes any time soon...
© 24hourcampfire