Home
Reading this optics forum daily, it's very apparent that we all have wants and desires of optics....yet they are somehow not being met. Like many...I have several rifles. Each with a pretty specific purpose. I am familiar with both Mil and MOA and have several optics with each. Several front focal plane optics also. But for the completion of an All Around rifle in 338 Win....I am searching for a nice optic in the 12-15X range with RELIABLE turrets, capped windage, zero stop (shims are fine to get close to a stop....within 1/4 rev is close enough). Illuminated would be nice.

The VX5 and 6HD are pretty much it. I don't own a Swaro rifle scope and only an older Conquest Zeiss. The Nightforce SHV 3-10 illuminate is pretty very very close. But I really really like just a few more X.

Suggestions for optics I am skipping over?
Not over 14" (preferably 13") and under 26oz. Too many parameters to be met?
Huskemaw Blue Diamond 3-12x42.
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Reading this optics forum daily, it's very apparent that we all have wants and desires of optics....yet they are somehow not being met. Like many...I have several rifles. Each with a pretty specific purpose. I am familiar with both Mil and MOA and have several optics with each. Several front focal plane optics also. But for the completion of an All Around rifle in 338 Win....I am searching for a nice optic in the 12-15X range with RELIABLE turrets, capped windage, zero stop (shims are fine to get close to a stop....within 1/4 rev is close enough). Illuminated would be nice.

The VX5 and 6HD are pretty much it. I don't own a Swaro rifle scope and only an older Conquest Zeiss. The Nightforce SHV 3-10 illuminate is pretty very very close. But I really really like just a few more X.

Suggestions for optics I am skipping over?

https://www.tractoptics.com/products/riflescopes/toric-3-15x42-bdc

John
Nightforce SHV 4-14x56?
No way on a 56mm. Really don't want a 50mm either.
Two great suggestions. Thanks. The Huskemaw states ".333 per click" but the turrets look like even MOA. Confusing. But there are both right in there on specs.
It would be my pleasure to discuss different options with you. I am back in the store tomorrow morning.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Doug
516-217-1000
Originally Posted by skeen
Huskemaw Blue Diamond 3-12x42.

Yeah that is probably it, Number one mistake they made with that model is not having it sfp. Zeiss has a v4 I really like but it’s capped turrets in that model. Too bad they don’t have the turrets of the 4-16
I've looked over the Zeiss V4 4-16X44. Pretty close to perfect. Exposed elevation and capped windage. Think 22oz. Lot to like there.
What do you mean when you say “RELIABLE turrets”? Depending on your criteria, that narrows your choices considerably.
The NXS 3.5-15x50 would meet your criteria except for the capped windage.
This is on sale until midnight and meets all of our criteria, I think.

https://www.samplelist.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-riflescope-demo-b.html
I've looked over the Zeiss V4 4-16X44. Pretty close to perfect. Exposed elevation and capped windage. Think 22oz. Lot to like there.

That’s what I was going to suggest. I just mounted one on a new rifle and have had one on another rifle. Really like them. If only they’d put a first focal plane reticle in though...
Originally Posted by David_Walter
This is on sale until midnight and meets all of our criteria, I think.

https://www.samplelist.com/swfa-ss-3-15x42-riflescope-demo-b.html

THIS ... especially when reliability is mandatory.
I have a pile of SWFA 3-15 in FIRST FOCAL. I got the email last week and noticed the SFP 3-15. Been close to pulling the trigger on one....just to see. That scope is what got me thinking about the scope/criteria. Been very pleased with all of my SWFA scopes.

Just something gnawing at me....not knowing if I spend the cash to hunt Africa next year....would I gamble it all on a $399 demo optic?
That $399 SWFA would be a smarter gamble than a lot of other $1000+ scopes.
I'm gambling. Many other rifles it can go on if it's not exactly what I need. Was only 3 remaining. Snagged one. We will see in a week.
I'm gambling. Many other rifles it can go on if it's not exactly what I need. Was only 3 remaining. Snagged one. We will see in a week.

I don't think you can go wrong with that scope and a good deal on it too.
© 24hourcampfire