Home
Posted By: Motown Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/24/19
Thinking of picking up a 3-15 Razor HD LH. I know that Vortex can be a little iffy with some models and was curious what kind of reliability I can expect? It is either the Razor or a Tract Toric 3-15, but the Razor is intriguing based on the weight alone.
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/24/19
I am NOT a Vortex fan but I own two 3-15 HD LH with the G2 or whatever that dot reticle is called. Bright, sharp and light with a good reticle.....
Originally Posted by Daveh
I am NOT a Vortex fan but I own two 3-15 HD LH with the G2 or whatever that dot reticle is called. Bright, sharp and light with a good reticle.....

Thanks Dave. No issues at all with either scope as far as tracking or holding zero?
Very underrated scope.
Quite the scope on my Barrett FieldCraft 30/06.

Audible clicks and tracks well.
Happy with mine!
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/24/19
Originally Posted by Motown

Thanks Dave. No issues at all with either scope as far as tracking or holding zero?

Not yet👍
Posted By: Hudge Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/24/19
I'm not a Vortex fan, but anything from the Viper line up and you should be ok. The Razors I have all looked at have been quality glass.
Is the razor that much of an upgrade over the viper series? I had a viper a few years ago and while it did not give me any issues at all, the low light clarity wasn't impressive.
I am not a Vortex fan at all either but I purchased 4 of the Razor LH scopes when they were on sale because I liked them so much. Turrets are mushy but other than that I have been very impressed. Great optics in a compact package. I am pretty much all Swarovski, Leica and Zeiss on everything but the Razor LH found its way to my collection. Still not sure how but I like that particular scope and reticle. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback guys! I remember they went on sale last year and at the time I didn’t need one. Might wait till I see them go on sale again and pick one up.
Posted By: gbear Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/25/19
Realize that the Vortex1.5x8 and 2.5x10 razor lh are no longer listed on the company website and have been told they are discontinued. They can still be found new on Amazon.
You can look at reviews anywhere you want to with regards to the Razor line up and you won’t find much negative talk about them. Their warranty is the best in the business, so if you don’t like the scope just send it back. I have a little pair of 8x42 Diamondback binoculars and they are just as good as the Nikon Monarchs I have and were half the price.

I guess it’s not cool to be a Vortex fan, but as you can see from the responses, many folks have been so impressed as to buy multiple scopes and I think that says more than anything.
Posted By: Hudge Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/27/19
Originally Posted by gbear
Realize that the Vortex1.5x8 and 2.5x10 razor lh are no longer listed on the company website and have been told they are discontinued. They can still be found new on Amazon.

Sportsman's Warehouse had them on clearance for $399 I believe. At least the one here in town did over the weekend.
Originally Posted by Hudge

Sportsman's Warehouse had them on clearance for $399 I believe. At least the one here in town did over the weekend.

Yep, $299 for the 1.5-8 and $399 for the 2.5-10.
Originally Posted by Daveh

G4 BDC. I am glad you like the reticle.

ILya
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
You can look at reviews anywhere you want to with regards to the Razor line up and you won’t find much negative talk about them. Their warranty is the best in the business, so if you don’t like the scope just send it back. I have a little pair of 8x42 Diamondback binoculars and they are just as good as the Nikon Monarchs I have and were half the price.

I guess it’s not cool to be a Vortex fan, but as you can see from the responses, many folks have been so impressed as to buy multiple scopes and I think that says more than anything.

I tested several of these and still own a couple (both are 1.5-8x32, but I liked them all a fair bit. Didn't have any problems with them.

ILya
How's the view on 1.5? Does it have tunnel vision?
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/28/19
Originally Posted by koshkin

G4 BDC. I am glad you like the reticle.

ILya

😀👍
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
How's the view on 1.5? Does it have tunnel vision?

None whatsoever.

Very nice image on 1.5x. I shoot offhand with it quite a bit on 1.5x due to how forgiving it is.

Ilya
I absolutely hate that g4 reticle as do most of my friends who ha e tried it. I ended up selling mine. If I was going to do it over again, id go with that hsr4 or whatever it’s called reticle.
Had a 2X10 version with G4 Reticle. Great glass, nice reticle, shortish eye relief, horrible parallax. Returned it bought a Night Force SHV 3-10. Better scope, similar money.
I've never seen one, but here's what Formid had to say over on Rokslide.......

"Ok. I’ve seen around 11-12 of them. All of them developed issues before a thousand rounds."
Posted By: CJC73 Re: Vortex Razor HD LH Feedback? - 08/28/19
I have a 3-15 on my 300wm. few hundred rounds thru it. no issues. good eye relief. adjustable parallax, great glass. I got mine on sale for $500.
I have a Vortex RZR-1558 Razor HD LH that cost me $700 + $70 shipping and tax.

If someone handed it to me and asked how much it cost, I would say $300.

[Linked Image]

That said, the 250 Sav I built with it on a Sav 12 fvss Lilja barrel in 2017 tested at 1" 3 shots at 200 yards.
As cheap as it looks, it does work well.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Damn, wish they had the 2.5x10 online for that price!
Originally Posted by Motown
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Damn, wish they had the 2.5x10 online for that price!

It's been hovering around $430 on Amazon for an open box model.
© 24hourcampfire