Home
Posted By: eblake Pentax Pioneer 2 -- opinions - 09/06/19
I recently purchased a TCR Aristocrat with a Pentax Pioneer 2 scope. Both look like new but I'm unfamiliar with the scope. Is it decent quality? Should I be able to rely on it to hold zero long term? The scope is very clear but I haven't shot the combo yet and may not have a chance to do so for a while.
The Pentax Pioneer 2 is a Burris FFII. Made for Pentax by Burris
Posted By: nuguy Re: Pentax Pioneer 2 -- opinions - 09/06/19
The original Pentax Pioneer was basically a FULLFIELD 2 made by Burris for Pentax and good quality but I believe the Pioneer II although the same design was lesser quality and seems like I remember reading a lot of bad reviews on it.
Pioneer II was made in China
Thanks for the replies. Has anyone out there owned or used one.
I have a few Burris FFIIs, one Pentax Pioneer, and one Pentax Pioneer II. As far as I can see there is no difference in the FFIIs and the Pioneer since they were made in the same factory. The Pioneer II is working fine so far. I have no idea how long it will last. I think Burris put a stop to the Pioneer Its since they were made in China. I suspect Pentax might have tried to take advantage of Burris.
I have three Pentax scopes. Two Pentax Lightseekers, a 3-9x50 XL with ballistic plex on a 257 and a 2.5x20 on a 20 ga slug gun. They appear to be exactly like the Burris top of the line scopes (Supremes?). Very clear and sharp and both made in the USA. I have one Pioneer 4.5 x 14 on a 223 . It is made in USA similar to the Burris Fullfield. No problems with any of them. I know the later on the Pioneers II were first made in Philippines then the last ones made in China.
© 24hourcampfire