Home
Posted By: NYSTRAPPER Leupold scope - 09/17/19
I was given a Leupold scope a 2x7 rim fire model. I would like to mount this on a Savage 99 in 250 savage. Would this scope stand up to the recoil of the 250 savage.
Posted By: rwa3006 Re: Leupold scope - 09/17/19
I have two of these scopes from about 12 years ago. I put them on very accurate 22 rifles and to my chagrin I discovered they both shifted impact on the target when I turned the magnification ring. One was about 3/8 inch at 50 meters, the other about 3/4. I'm going to give them to some kids who have inaccurate 22's that won't know the difference. If your 250 can live with that then go for it. A Leupold tech told me they're airgun rated, but I don't read anything into that from past experience with many Leupold scopes. I really wish I could love Leupold, but...
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold scope - 09/18/19
Never!!! It won't track!!! It won't hold zero!!!! It will never be clear!!! It will fog up!!! It will fuuck you in the bunghole!!!! Well it fast!!!😎
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Leupold scope - 09/18/19
It should hold up as well as any other V-1 series. If it's got friction adjustments, I think it may be better than the later ones. You may have to chase a zero a bit, as usual for those.

Sight it in at 7, then check for POI shift at 2 or at whatever power you expect to carry it at.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Leupold scope - 09/18/19
Running a Leupold 2-7 on my 4.5 lb Montana 358 WIN, no issues with it and it's recoil far excises what you are putting it thru.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Leupold scope - 09/18/19
Originally Posted by NYSTRAPPER
I was given a Leupold scope a 2x7 rim fire model. I would like to mount this on a Savage 99 in 250 savage. Would this scope stand up to the recoil of the 250 savage.

Only difference between the rimfire and standard models is the rimfire is parallax adjusted to 60yds and non-rimfire fixed parallax Leupolds are parallax adjusted to 150yds.
Posted By: battue Re: Leupold scope - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by Judman
Never!!! It won't track!!! It won't hold zero!!!! It will never be clear!!! It will fog up!!! It will fuuck you in the bunghole!!!! Well it fast!!!😎

And it will chagrin you....

I really wish I could understand all the Leupold trashing, but....
© 24hourcampfire