Home
Posted By: 444Matt Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Been out of the Tikka game for a while. What’s everyone running these days on the newer T3x? 1” 4.5-14x42mm scope ruggedness being top priority don’t need extra elevation via a 10,20 MOA rail.
Posted By: Jwood1284 Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Sportsmatch
Talley
Spuhr hunting line on the top end
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
I have used Warne Maxima's. Very solid, fits the "dovetail" so no need for a separate rail.
Posted By: RICKMELEAR Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
I use Warne on my T3x that fit the factory dovetail, very pleased
Posted By: Dobegrant Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
I use DNZ game reaper mounts on both my tikkas one piece base/ring very rugged.
I just swapped out my set-up for the Sportsmatch rings - only because I went to a 30MM scope. Prior to that I had a 1" scope and had the 2 piece DNZ mounts/rings that are similar to the Talley Lwt's only much beefier and a bit lower. I think they call them Hunt Master rings with the 4 screws per ring. If had a 1" scope I'd use either the Sportsmatch or be just as happy with the DNZ.
Optilocks and Sportsmatch .If I were going to use rails it would be area 419 or mountain tactical. Sportsmatch rings put Talley lightweights to shame.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Optilocks and Sportsmatch .If I were going to use rails it would be area 419 or mountain tactical. Sportsmatch rings put Talley lightweights to shame.

What he said........
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Leupold dual dovetails
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by Dobegrant

This works for me, follow Formidolosus' mounting instructions and you will be happy. I have spent the last 15 days hauling my T3 Lite w/ SS 3-9 around the Mts. of Idaho and Wyoming and checked zero this AM and all was good. Tikkas and SWFA scopes, mounted properly make me feel smart.

mike r
Posted By: whitearrow Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Guess I’m the lone wolf that prefers a Warne Weaver one piece rail and Burris signature Zee Rings. I like em for mounting flexibility and they are solid steel all the way around cept for the poly inserts that grip the scope but doesn’t damage it.
Big Ed
Posted By: Shadow Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Murphy Precision: 0, 10, or 20 MOA bases; Stainless or Titanium; Silver or Black;

https://www.murphyprecision.com/Products/Item/1344
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Leupold dual dovetail for me. Looks a lot less bulky on the rifle and incredibly rugged.

Leftybolt
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
I've got the Warne Maximas. I haven't tried the Sportsmatch but either of those fit the dovetail, removing the need for a base
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Originally Posted by RICKMELEAR
I use Warne on my T3x that fit the factory dovetail, very pleased

This is what I use, also.
Posted By: Darryle Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
I was turned on to the benefits of a picatinny rail and Nightforce Ultra Light rings, my entire thinking was tossed

Murphy Precision rail, medium Nightforce rings
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
I’ve been using the sports match on my rifle and they have been good so far, I guess it’s cool that they attach right to the built in rail. If I wasn’t using those I’d go with DNZ hunt masters, I like the 2 piece because you can reverse rings to suit your scope better
Originally Posted by Darryle
I was turned on to the benefits of a picatinny rail and Nightforce Ultra Light rings, my entire thinking was tossed

If you are going to spend money on Murphy precision why not buy Near bases that actually have a recoil lug?

If you are going to spend money on Murphy precision why not buy Near bases that actually have a recoil lug?

So do the Murphy, actually three

[Linked Image from murphyprecision.com]

Indeed they do, I wish they would put a Near type lug on their Weatherby bases.

Indeed they do, I wish they would put a Near type lug on their Weatherby bases.

And they are available in titanium
Posted By: Crusader Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Warne Maximas
Posted By: hanco Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/05/19
Talley bases and rings!
Pict rail with Vortex pro series rings works well.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/07/19
Originally Posted by lvmiker

This works for me, follow Formidolosus' mounting instructions and you will be happy. I have spent the last 15 days hauling my T3 Lite w/ SS 3-9 around the Mts. of Idaho and Wyoming and checked zero this AM and all was good. Tikkas and SWFA scopes, mounted properly make me feel smart.

mike r

Do the game reaper mounts have the recoil lug?
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Do the game reaper mounts have the recoil lug?

No
Posted By: Dre Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/07/19
Light weight Talleys or DNZ one piece if you really want to hard core
Anything that screws on top is a second rate choice
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Leupold dual dovetails

I think you and I are the only ones running the DD's here. I like them on my model 70's. They have always been perfect, so why not that way on the Tikka rifles? The nice thing about the Tikka's is they give you options. You don't need to use the dovetail to mount your bases and rings. Rifles have been using DD style of bases for decades with no problems. The same will go for the Tikka. I believe I still have pics of your rifle with the DD's. I'll post those and then look for pics of my rifle with them. I'm running the same size scope the OP is asking about (4.5-14x42). I believe you were also running that size of scope on your rifle. Here are the pics you sent me to post a while back:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's my rifle with the DD's and zeis 3-9x42:

However, I'm running a Burris 4.5-14x42 on my superlite now. The DD's are clean looking, durable and proven on many other actions. They will work just fine on a Tikka as well....
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Bull cheit, guys have been using that type of mount without fail for many many years. You guys need to get a fu cking life...
grin Take a deep breath and relax, if you want to believe four quite short 6X48 screws are as good as clamp on mounts with a proper recoil pin you are welcome to do so.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/07/19
I use Sportsmatch rings for my Tikkas. I used the Warne Maximas but in the same of saving weight the Sportsmatch work great and seem pretty rugged as well.
Posted By: Alex38 Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/08/19
Warnes work great on all of my Tikkas.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/08/19
grin Take a deep breath and relax, if you want to believe four quite short 6X48 screws are as good as clamp on mounts with a proper recoil pin you are welcome to do so.

Amen.
Posted By: Darryle Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/08/19
I am going the rail mount, I have a couple of 30mm DNZ Tactical mounts in the classifieds.

The DNZ 215 Tactical is a heck of a mount if you have no intention of ever removing the scope.
Posted By: sidepass Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/09/19
2 Tikkas one with the Sportmatch and the other is topped with a Mt Tactical Rail and Leupold PRW rings. Like both setups.
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/09/19
Been using Leupold DD mounts for the past 25 yrs or so....never had a problem with them on any rifle(in any caliber) inspite of those dinky little 6x48 screws.
They are a classic, clean and very strong mounting system that, to my eye, looks much nicer than all the bulky, mil-spec type mounts that seem to be so popular nowadays. Even used them on my new Tikka T3X Superlite in 6.5 CM without a hitch...imagine that.

I also like the Talley steel bases/ring mounts...very stout and clean looking in a vertically split ring style.

Fortunately, we have lots of excellent options these days in scope mounts to suit all tastes.

Leftybolt
Posted By: sidepass Re: Tikka T3x Mount options - 11/09/19
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Bull cheit, guys have been using that type of mount without fail for many many years. You guys need to get a fu cking life...

Very clean looking setup.
© 24hourcampfire