Home
Posted By: sqweeler Focusing Vari-X 111 2.5x8? - 11/08/19
Tried to get a crystal clear focus on a older Vari-X111 2.5x8 without using glasses.I need another 1 1/2-2 turns on the eyepiece but it stop's.What causes the eyepiece to stop?
Posted By: Bill_N Re: Focusing Vari-X 111 2.5x8? - 11/08/19
There’s a jam nut on it. Is it up against the nut? If so, loosen up the jam nut until you’re in focus and then retighten.
Posted By: mathman Re: Focusing Vari-X 111 2.5x8? - 11/08/19
Which direction are you moving the eyepiece?
Unscrewing the eyepiece out.Need another turn or two. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: mathman Re: Focusing Vari-X 111 2.5x8? - 11/08/19
I think there's a doohicus that keeps you from screwing the eyepiece right off the end.

Becoming farsighted as you age? I am, and my eyepieces have moved back over the last few years.
Yeah,heliarc welding got me.Wondering where the doohicus is.Don't think the eyepiece is attached to anything internally.
Posted By: hanco Re: Focusing Vari-X 111 2.5x8? - 11/09/19
Nice deluxe
Posted By: Filaman Re: Focusing Vari-X 111 2.5x8? - 11/09/19
You're up against an internal stop that keeps you from taking the ocular right off the scope which would cause you to lose the inert gas inside that keeps it from fogging. Get some rcorrective lenses or check into lasix surgery..
I had the same problem with the same scope (except matte finish), in fact all my Lupy's couldn't adjust out far enough for the new glasses (lucky me) lol. So after lots of trying, I replaced em all! The newer scopes (even the cheapies) seem to have plenty of adjustment. I sure miss the larger eyebox my Lupy's had though!
Leupold removed the stop's for me on a 2x7 and a 6x36 about 5 yrs ago.When I called yesterday the "tech" said he never heard of them doing that. crazy
© 24hourcampfire