Home
Posted By: JCMCUBIC S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/11/19
NOT a planned drop test. Shot a deer this a.m. from a stand, wait 15 min, put rifle in eberlestock, clip rope on, as soon as I start to lower it the clip breaks......man it was loud when it hit the ground.

View from above:
[Linked Image]

Looking up from ground:
[Linked Image]

Pulled it from pack and checked everything. Shake my head. Go get buck, drag him out and take care of him. Get home and check zero. 2 cm low at 109 yards for 6 shots. Not perfect but a heck of a lot better than I was expecting!
Posted By: beretzs Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/11/19
Dang, that’s a wicked drop. Sounds like it’s good to go though. What mounts do you run?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/11/19
Talley rail, Seekins rings.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/12/19
Ah, real-world drop tests. Sounds fun!
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/12/19
I did a similar drop test on a Leupold 6x 42mm from 10’ up on a big rock, direct impact on the turret cap. Did not know whether it was hurt or not. It happened getting into the stand. Decided to test it on a Doe. Leveled the crosshair on her head & hit it dead center at 145 yards.

Not quite as severe as yours evidently.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/13/19
Oh, that's why we got the post drag exit wound picture, thinking about the S&B. smile

Glad it wasn't you that dropped!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/13/19
Dang, you guys are hardcore.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: S&B 6x42 PMII drop test - 11/13/19
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Oh, that's why we got the post drag exit wound picture, thinking about the S&B. smile

Glad it wasn't you that dropped!

The S&B was on my mind more than a little at the time.......

It's an attention getter to watch a pack and rifle/scope fall that distance. When the clip first broke my body jumped like I was falling. I stay tied to the tree from before my feet leave the ground to the moment they get back on the ground.
© 24hourcampfire