Home
Posted By: Fotis So what's the deal with S&B? - 11/12/19
Are we losing them as a hunting optic option?????

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/schmidt-bender-blowout-sale.229397/
We never had them. They never sold scopes in any store. Unless you knew someone with one. You had to buy one first. Their product line is extremely confusing and not easily understood what scopes have what features and reticles. Lastly cost =d insane.
Posted By: Fotis Re: So what's the deal with S&B? - 11/12/19
I guess that sums it up

Gr8tfuldoug said

S&B has decided to give sole USA distribution to EuroOptics and expect all USA authorized dealers to buy from Euro. We, and most other S&B dealers, have decided to cut ties with S&B and let them see how badly they have shot themselves in the foot with this decision to give 1 retailer control of their brand and a monopoly.

S&B is keeping their tech guys in VA. Hopefully they will see how important it is for them to continue to directly support their products.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: So what's the deal with S&B? - 11/12/19
S&B is the best glass I've ever looked through and I own them all.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ

How do they track.. return to zero etc.... never understood buying a scope for optical clarity as #1 priority
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
We never had them. They never sold scopes in any store. Unless you knew someone with one. You had to buy one first. Their product line is extremely confusing and not easily understood what scopes have what features and reticles. Lastly cost =d insane.

Yes it would be confusing for some people
Originally Posted by Fotis
I guess that sums it up

Gr8tfuldoug said

S&B has decided to give sole USA distribution to EuroOptics and expect all USA authorized dealers to buy from Euro. We, and most other S&B dealers, have decided to cut ties with S&B and let them see how badly they have shot themselves in the foot with this decision to give 1 retailer control of their brand and a monopoly.

S&B is keeping their tech guys in VA. Hopefully they will see how important it is for them to continue to directly support their products.

That is too bad, I like dealing with both guys. I think Doug is on another level when it comes to customer service.
Originally Posted by Fotis
I guess that sums it up

Gr8tfuldoug said

Interesting.
Originally Posted by irfubar

How do they track.. return to zero etc.... never understood buying a scope for optical clarity as #1 priority

Don't confuse them with SwarWhoreski.. S&B is a great scope in all areas.
Posted By: Fotis Re: So what's the deal with S&B? - 11/13/19
Yes I agree Doug is a great guy and his customer service is second to none
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: So what's the deal with S&B? - 11/13/19

They track perfectly son... Their the best, the freaking best I says...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yes it would be confusing for some people

Totally!

I have one on my smokeless long range muzzleloader that gets cranked on a ton and sees a bunch of recoil. It has impressed the hell out of me with it's repeatability and reliability. Almost everything I own is Nightforce now as a reference so I know what durable is. I bought this on a sale a few years ago at a great price and decided to give it a try. Glad I did. Sorry to hear they are doing what they are doing, I don't think it helps.
They made a mistake cutting out Camera Land and Doug.

Doug’s customer service is second to none, as many, many here will attest.

Also, an in-place distribution network is nothing to sneeze at.

But what do I know ...
Posted By: Fotis Re: So what's the deal with S&B? - 11/14/19
Originally Posted by RickBin
They made a mistake cutting out Camera Land and Doug.

Doug’s customer service is second to none, as many, many here will attest.

Also, an in-place distribution network is nothing to sneeze at.

But what do I know ...

Yes sir!!! Agreed
I love their scopes (have several, the last of which was a Summit purchased from Doug) but the company has a reputation of being difficult to deal with.
doug did y'all remove all the schmidt and benders from your site page? you should really cut ties with em and sell em half price on existing stock.
Big Ed
Originally Posted by whitearrow
doug did y'all remove all the schmidt and benders from your site page? you should really cut ties with em and sell em half price on existing stock.
Big Ed

Already blew out all in stock inventory last week and this past Monday returned everything we still had left
© 24hourcampfire