Home
Read this elsewhere. Is this confirmed?
Yes, Nikon is out of the riflescope business officially January 1st
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Yes, Nikon is out of the riflescope business officially January 1st

Can you get us some clearance goodies?

smile
this ain't a good thing.
Sorta hate it. I used to work for a distributor of theirs so Dad and I both have a couple of their scopes.
I've got a Monarch 2-7 on my 1A 7x57, Dad's got a Monarch 3-9 on his Model 100 .308.
We both have Buckmaster straight 4's on our Knight muzzleloaders (I've killed more deer looking through that scope than any other).
Bought all of them between '99 and '02. They track and hold zero. The Monarchs are bright, the Buckmasters, not so much. No real complaints.......
I have a really awesome pre-UCC Monarch 4x40mm on my ML it’s awesome.

Natchez has a bunch of great deals right now.
Well be assured your Nikon scope does offer a very quality view and there are many happy owners, quality over many years..

Not sure about Nikon, they may be going away from hunting products.

Doug is a Nikon camera retailer, and yet he was not allowed to sell Nikon hunting scopes, but Doug does sell the entire binocular and spotting scope lines.

Doug could comment.
I thought the Monarch 3 series with the duplex were nice scopes. Nikon did seem out of touch with what the market wanted in the last few years. And then there's the donut reticle. That reticle could have driven any company into submission
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
I thought the Monarch 3 series with the duplex were nice scopes. Nikon did seem out of touch with what the market wanted in the last few years. And then there's the donut reticle. That reticle could have driven any company into submission

Spot on. That reticle was widely panned but Nikon made no adjustment. I have a Monarch 3 Nikoplex; good glass and repeatable adjustments. Their 2-7's are also nice little scopes.
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

Skip the Monarchs, they offer some great reticles in their tactical line both for MOA and Mil guys. Look at the M Tacticals and the X1000 and FX1000.
Insert Johnny ringo “bye” meme here
Nikon probably saw the scope review process that Icuminacowboy uses.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

🤣
🤣 you think all there technicians are in trouble for creeping around playgrounds?
How long before they start pulling their binocs?
Originally Posted by JGRaider
How long before they start pulling their binocs?

I'd think there's too much market with wildlife watchers to do that. But you never know.
After my interaction with them this week nikon can sink for all I care. I bought a meopta meopro yesterday and will be removing my monarch 3 today. It will be in the classifieds soon. I ordered a custom turret that was included with the scope, it never came and nikon told me though luck. I guess I really should have saved a screenshot of the order confirmation.
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
Well be assured your Nikon scope does offer a very quality view and there are many happy owners, quality over many years..

Not sure about Nikon, they may be going away from hunting products.

Doug is a Nikon camera retailer, and yet he was not allowed to sell Nikon hunting scopes, but Doug does sell the entire binocular and spotting scope lines.

Doug could comment.

Nikon Photo never would allow the photo dealers to buy Nikon riflescopes as the photo division was anti blood sport and photo is the majority of their business. 2 months ago Nikon announced a drastic reduction on the warranty of all their sports optics. Now they have announced that they will no longer offer riflescopes but will continue to offer binoculars, spotting scopes and rangefinders although I do not know which rangefinders. For all I know they may cut out the hunting related rangefinders and just offer the golf versions. Not sure what's going to happen with the LaserForce 10x42 binocular rangefinder either.
I heard, but have not gotten full confirmation as we are not a Nikon riflescope dealer, that as far as warranty on the riflescopes if they cannot repair it they will give a value voucher towards another Nikon product. Not really a warranty in my eyes, however, as they are out of the riflescope business it's like any other company that goes out of business the warranty goes away with them. IMO, the sales on Nikon riflescopes right now are a great opportunity if you like their scopes and realize that you are getting a deal on an as is item with possibly no warranty..
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
IMO, the sales on Nikon riflescopes right now are a great opportunity if you like their scopes and realize that you are getting a deal on an as is item with possibly no warranty..

That was exactly how I looked at it grabbing a couple great products for ridiculous prices. For example the FX1000 which has been compared favorably against the NF SHV and Vortex PST and Burris XTR for a mere $329 is a no brainer in my opinion.
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by gitem_12

🤣
🤣 you think all there technicians are in trouble for creeping around playgrounds?

They ain't even trying..they just give up. Seeing engineering skills like that they know they can't compete.
Originally Posted by Bisley
After my interaction with them this week nikon can sink for all I care. I bought a meopta meopro yesterday and will be removing my monarch 3 today. It will be in the classifieds soon. I ordered a custom turret that was included with the scope, it never came and nikon told me though luck. I guess I really should have saved a screenshot of the order confirmation.

I bought a Monarch a couple of years ago and the exact same thing happened to me, and I never received the free custom turret either. What a clueless bunch of dumbasses in the Nikon CS department.
several years ago i mounted a nikon rimfire scope on a .22 rf that the scope had set "new" in the box for about a decade. (yeah, i know).

anyways it wouldn't track even if hades itself was freezing over.

went through a paperwork debacle to get it in to warranty.

they accepted it, and returned a new model .22 scope.

both were 3-9's, different models, but this one is good.
Even if If they "close" Nikon Sports Optics or whatever they call that subsidiary; they might not be able to (legally) dishonor their warranties.
Maybe they will have some good sales on them.
If the price would get agreeable I would be good with another FX1000 in the safe.
Nice glass
That's a shame. I've been a longtime Nikon camera and scope user, but that stance by the photo division makes me reconsider sticking with them. Oh well. I guess I'll give my money to Burris and Vortex.
© 24hourcampfire