Home
Posted By: Dre Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/28/19
Well I bit the bullet after all the positive reviews here and there, I finally bought a serious pair of binocs.
Was looking at the Meopro 10x42 on sale for $379 but saw the tracts on Black Friday sale for $574 so I took a the leap of faith into top tier.
Dre,

Exact same scenario here. I had the Meoptas bookmarked for that great price, then saw the Torics and picked them up.

Happy Thanksgiving
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/28/19
Will be interested in your opinion after you test them.
Posted By: Dre Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/28/19
Originally Posted by Condition Yellow
Dre,

Exact same scenario here. I had the Meoptas bookmarked for that great price, then saw the Torics and picked them up.

Happy Thanksgiving

Great minds think alike!
happy thanksgiving
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
Toric binos are superb, and I still say they are as good a bang for the buck as anything made under $1500.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
Do you have a link on that buy?
Posted By: Dre Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
Which one ?
Tracts web site for tract binocs or
Sport optics for meoptas
Posted By: SU35 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
For the bins you bought
https://tractoptics.com/binoculars
I almost grabbed the Torics last Thanksgiving, and spent a year regretting it. I don’t know if I have a great mind, but the coincidence is almost scary!
Posted By: backtobethel Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
Last year tract put everything on sale....I was hoping for a repeat ☹️
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
Nothing wrong with the Meopros but the Torics are a step up. Imo, the $200 extra was well spent for the long haul
Thanks txhunter
I needed to hear that
Posted By: TxHunter80 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
Originally Posted by Dre
Thanks txhunter
I needed to hear that

I had them both in 8x at the same time. I don't you can do better for $379 than the Meopro but the Toric performs like a $1k binocular. What were you using?
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
I don’t know if I have a great mind, but the coincidence is almost scary!

If you like the Toric binos as much as I like my Toric scope, then you have a great mind.
Originally Posted by StrayDog
If you like the Toric binos as much as I like my Toric scope, then you have a great mind.

I hope so. I usually have a little anxiety when buying glass I haven't had a chance to try out. I've yet to read anything negative about them, so I'm very encouraged.

TXhunter, that's good to hear.

Dre, I hope to never meet you on a hunt; we will probably be stalking the same animal.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19

I have 10X42 Leica Ultravids and 12.5X50 Toric and I prefer the Toric.
Posted By: rookieatbest Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 11/29/19
I have the 8x42 and very pleased. Only "negative" I've found is now I need more of their products!! I don't think you will regret your purchase.
rookie
Dre, I hope to never meet you on a hunt; we will probably be stalking the same animal.

Well let’s see. Are your current binocs Nikon monarchs?
If so maybe you’re my lost twin brother.

Txhunter
My correct binocs are 12 year old monarch that have served me well.
My daughter has monarch 7 8x30 and I really, really like the size and quality of these little things where I use them I’ve my 10x42
Nah. Pentax DCFs.
Snagged the 10x42 Torics...........Happy Anniversary to me, thanks to my beautiful bride of 12 years, come Monday.
Posted By: Taco2fiddy7 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/01/19
Obviously an unfair comparison, but optically (forgetting price) how do these compare to Swaro ELs?
Posted By: StrayDog Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/01/19
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Obviously an unfair comparison, but optically (forgetting price) how do these compare to Swaro ELs?

Obviously less than the big 3 quality. If your eyes can tell a difference in image style looking through Swaro, Leica, and Zeiss. my eyes say they are more like Zeiss image than the others.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/01/19
Originally Posted by StrayDog
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7

Obviously less than the big 3 quality. If your eyes can tell a difference in image style looking through Swaro, Leica, and Zeiss. my eyes say they are more like Zeiss image than the others.

I have the Toric 12.5X50 and Leica Ultrivid 10X42 and I like the Toric better. I know not apples to apples
Posted By: hallco Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/02/19
I just ordered the 10x Tract Toric. I have used the 8x for the last 2-3 years and love it. Hope the 10x is just as good for my eyes.
Posted By: Crusader Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/02/19
I wish Tract had the 12.5x50 on special for BF or Cyber Monday rather than the 10x42....
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/02/19
Originally Posted by Crusader
I wish Tract had the 12.5x50 on special for BF or Cyber Monday rather than the 10x42....

You and me both, and the 8x42 as well.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/02/19
I own Meopta 10x and Toric 10x. My old eyes work better looking through the Toric
Posted By: Dre Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/02/19
Originally Posted by Lennie
I own Meopta 10x and Toric 10x. My old eyes work better looking through the Toric

Sweet!
Jonesing to get em in my hands
Posted By: jsthntn247 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/03/19
Just grabbed a pair myself
Mine just arrived today. It was dark by the time I got home and unboxed them. FWIW, the boxing was classy. I took them outside along with my Pentax DCFs. Although things to observe were limited at night, the Torics were discernibly clearer and brighter, and that’s with a smaller exit pupil on the 10x42 vs the Pentax 8x42. The only fly in the ointment is that the eye relief for my glasses is a tad better on the DCFs. I’m pleased and am eager to use them during the day.
Posted By: Dre Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/06/19
Cool! Excited to hear how they do during day light.
Got mine in today.
Wow! is all I got to say.
I’ll admit, I don’t have lots of time behind alpha glass, but definitely makes my monarch And my daughters monarch 7 looks like prostaff. They are so crisp and clean and bright. Glad I pulled the trigger.
I will say when I dialed the eye cups, they remind me of the 7. Honestly I was expecting little better or are eye cups all kind of the same ?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/13/19
the eyecup adjustment is the ONLY thing that sucks on these....

[Linked Image from i26.photobucket.com]
Posted By: elkaddict Re: Tract Toric HT 10x42 - 12/14/19
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Crusader

You and me both, and the 8x42 as well.

Same here. Crazy thing is they came out with the 10x50s just after I got my 10x42s. Would have preferred them. Still, the 10x42 rock.

The TractS compare very favorably to my older 10x42SLCs and older (non-swarovision) ELs. Superb optics....and a unbelievable value.
© 24hourcampfire