Home
Posted By: Mull Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
Been Using Talley's For Years.And Just Seen The Ultra Lights.{2 Oz} Anyone Using Them..
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
Opinions on them very but I use them almost exclusively and have had zero issues. I lap all of mine and my scopes tend to be lightweight with my heaviest scope being 28 ounces so I probably am not stressing them like some people. Mine have been hunted hard in many mountains though. Just my experience so far
Posted By: Mull Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
I Have 10-12 Sets Of The Lightweights {4 Oz}. And Never A Problem With Any. But Was Looking And Seen The Ultra Lights. First I'd Seen Of These.. Looks To Be a Trimmed Down Version Of The Lightweights..
Posted By: ldholton Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
The one piece bass strings got several sets never an issue for me work fine what amazes me is the dumb bastards at try to laugh aluminum rings then b**** cuz your scope moved
Here s Pic. Of The Ultra Lights...Looks As If They Trimmed The Bases Up Bit..

Attached picture 115331.jpg
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
Lightweight lows for the 700 weigh 2 oz. No experience with the ultras.
Your Right.. I Just Weighed a Set..Talley Web Site Says 4 OZ. But On My Scales They Came In at 2.001 OZ. Even If The Ultra ,Where Lighter Don't Think I'd Give Up The Surface Area For The Weight Savings..
Posted By: TX35W Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
Use them on about half my rifles. Never had them moved, even when the gun was dropped pretty hard. I pack them in and use the [bleep] out of them. Hardest kicking calibers I've shot under them are 35 whelens and various 300 mags, but majority of the scopes are all at or under 18 oz, so that might make it easier. But they are well machined and don't mark the scopes. Haven't busted out my lapping bar in a long time. They are my go-to.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
Originally Posted by TX35W
Use them on about half my rifles. Never had them moved, even when the gun was dropped pretty hard. I pack them in and use the [bleep] out of them. Hardest kicking calibers I've shot under them are 35 whelens and various 300 mags, but majority of the scopes are all at or under 18 oz, so that might make it easier. But they are well machined and don't mark the scopes. Haven't busted out my lapping bar in a long time. They are my go-to.

Talley Lightweights or Ultralights?
Posted By: LeftHunter Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/13/19
Sorry for my confusion. I have only used the lightweights not the ultralight version. Didn’t know they even existed
Posted By: gene270 Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/14/19
looks like the same ring to me on for a custom action with a slabbed side like the borden action, also those may be for a 30 mm ring and makes everything look smaller....just my 2 cents worth
Posted By: Mull Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/14/19
No 30MM's ,As They Only List The Ultra Lights In a 1" In Low And Med. For A Remington 700..I'm Gonna Order a Set In Day Or Two And Check Them Out..
Posted By: dale06 Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/20/19
I’ve used the LW Talleys on a number of a Rem 700s, all pretty light kickers. Zero problems.
Posted By: hanco Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/20/19
What is the weight of Talley bases and rings?
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/20/19
I weighed a set for a Rem 700, and they weigh 2.2 oz. on my scale with the mounting screws.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Talley Ultra Lights. - 12/21/19
Originally Posted by dale06
I’ve used the LW Talleys on a number of a Rem 700s, all pretty light kickers. Zero problems.

That's awesome. Have you used the Ultralights?
© 24hourcampfire