Home
I have had a Bushnell 400 for twenty years. Its been perfect for me as 400 is quite a poke around here. I put batteries in in the fall and altho it comes on.. It dosent work.

I dont really need to spend a pile of money. I only need something under 500 yards. Not something Ill be gambling my life too.

Whats recommended? Thank you!

CW
You aught to be able to find a cheap Sig Kilo,on sale,for around $120...
I'd check out the Nikon Prostaff 1000i if you don't need an illuminated reticle. I bought my Dad one for Christmas and it's a nice little unit.
Based on your limited need requirements, I’d would go with any RF made by a reputable company that will provide you with excellent CS and a new replacement should it ever go down. Bushnell, Leupold, Vortex, to name a few....

If time allows, you might research some of the better, more expensive RF and try to score one used for about the same price of a new one. An older, better made RF from Leica, Zeiss, and others could save you from experiencing down time in the field should a lesser quality one fail on you...😎
The Vortex is OK and the warranty covers everything including the laser. You are set as long as Vortex is around.

mike r
Before I went to ranging binoculars I had 3 different RFs. The first one was a Leica 800. Then I got a little Nikon that went to 800 but had 1/2 yard increments and was easier to use for bowhunting. Most recent one is a Vortex. I have complete faith in both the Nikon and Vortex.
Buy any Leica and you’re set. Happy Trails
© 24hourcampfire