Home
Have one 30mm but would like to try a 1nch since I have boo-koo rings and bases already. Any decent ones out there? powdr
Enjoying my Sig Sauer whiskey 3 so far
I haven’t tried one yet but the Tract Toric might be worthy of consideration.

John
I’ve had a bunch and find leupold firedot tough to beat. Motion sensing switch saves battery, lightweight, well executed. Mark ar or vx freedom firedot?
I have this one for sale...its pretty good imho

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...assion-3x-4-12x50i-german-4#Post14476142
Had one Leupold with a green dot. Agree that the way they work is spot-on, and the light was usable under all legal conditions here.

I currently have four Hawkes that work well, but are definitely not daylight bright. On the other hand, they don't overwhelm the view under conditions where they are most useful either. You do have to remember to turn these off, or invest in a bunch of batteries.

If given a choice, I'd go with green every time.
I’ve got a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 in the classifieds. 😄. It’s green too!
Thanks a bunch guys. Is the Freedom scope w/ill. a 1in scope? Keep the suggestions coming. powdr
Swarovski just announced the Z5i
Originally Posted by powdr
Have one 30mm but would like to try a 1nch since I have boo-koo rings and bases already. Any decent ones out there? powdr

I recently bought a Burris E1 3x9 Illuminated. Hadn't hunted with it yet, but so far I like it

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1548144260
Ive had a few.My favorite is the Burris E-1 with german3P #4 reticle.Also like the SIG whiskey 3 and the Hawke Endurance.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Had one Leupold with a green dot. Agree that the way they work is spot-on, and the light was usable under all legal conditions here.

I currently have four Hawkes that work well, but are definitely not daylight bright. On the other hand, they don't overwhelm the view under conditions where they are most useful either. You do have to remember to turn these off, or invest in a bunch of batteries.

I also have Hawke scopes and a Leupold Firedot.

I have three Hawke scopes, and the glass quality is competitive with other good optics sold in a similar price range. Illumination on the Hawke’s is not daylight bright, unlike the Leupold Firedot.

I also don’t like the Hawke rheostat control. They advertise this as providing infinite control, but in practice I’d much rather have distinct steps with off options in between, I.e. 1, off, 2, off, 3, off..

Really depends on how important daylight bright is to you. ,
New line from Swaro for conversation

https://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/z5-c200503
Doug,

What is the Z5I going to start at pricewise?
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Doug,

What is the Z5I going to start at pricewise?

$1,429.00 - $1,729.00
Thanks Doug
Originally Posted by ingwe
Ive had a few.My favorite is the Burris E-1 with german3P #4 reticle.Also like the SIG whiskey 3 and the Hawke Endurance.

Digging my same Burris that I paid something like $160 for. Worth MUCH more than that.
I find the electronics on the eyepiece much less aesthetically pleasing than on the turret/para adjustment.
Originally Posted by kenjs1
[quote=ingwe]Ive had a few.My favorite is the Burris E-1 with german3P #4 reticle.

Digging my same Burris that I paid something like $160 for. Worth MUCH more than that.

+1
Originally Posted by Tannhauser

I also have Hawke scopes and a Leupold Firedot.

I have three Hawke scopes, and the glass quality is competitive with other good optics sold in a similar price range. Illumination on the Hawke’s is not daylight bright, unlike the Leupold Firedot.

I also don’t like the Hawke rheostat control. They advertise this as providing infinite control, but in practice I’d much rather have distinct steps with off options in between, I.e. 1, off, 2, off, 3, off..

Really depends on how important daylight bright is to you. ,

The rheostat is okay, but lacks the auto-on/off of the Leupold system. While the daylight-bright Leupold dot is handy as it draws the eye to the aiming point, but for what they cost, the Hawkes work well and as I said before, working well in dim light is the most important part for me. Others who shoot in the dark seem to complain more about lit reticles being too bright than anything else.
Originally Posted by kenjs1

Exactamundo! Ive been looking for another at anywhere close to that price...no dice!

t for what they cost, the Hawkes work well and as I said before, working well in dim light is the most important part for me. Others who shoot in the dark seem to complain more about lit reticles being too bright than anything else.

The aforementioned rheostat control works for that.....I have no trouble with the brightness in the dark. Calling and shooting with even a red light, the crosshair can be made to show up just fine....REALLY like the Hawkes for shooting after dark...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Back in the days when I was varmint calling during the winter, I saw that Bushnell had just brought out an illuminated reticle scope and I thought that it would be perfect for night time calling on my .22 magnum. It worked nicely for a while, but then one day the lighted reticle quit working. I figured that I had left the scope on and that the battery was low. Nope! I opened up the battery compartment and it was full of corroded white what ever comes out of batteries when they get and stay wet. Condensation from going from a cold environment back into the house had never entered my mind, but it sure did with my scope and the thing was ruined. First and last time that I ever wanted a battery powered scope reticle. It might work for you warm weather guys, but not so much for me in the frozen north.
Originally Posted by Windfall
Back in the days when I was varmint calling during the winter, I saw that Bushnell had just brought out an illuminated reticle scope and I thought that it would be perfect for night time calling on my .22 magnum. It worked nicely for a while, but then one day the lighted reticle quit working. I figured that I had left the scope on and that the battery was low. Nope! I opened up the battery compartment and it was full of corroded white what ever comes out of batteries when they get and stay wet. Condensation from going from a cold environment back into the house had never entered my mind, but it sure did with my scope and the thing was ruined. First and last time that I ever wanted a battery powered scope reticle. It might work for you warm weather guys, but not so much for me in the frozen north.

Most likely that wasn't moisture, but rather a battery drained completely which then began to leak. I've had the same thing happen with Maglites and Duracell AAs. Can happen to anything with a battery, which is why they tell you to remove them for storage.

Even if not left on to drain, batteries sometimes leak, especially bargain brands. While I was still working, I switched to led Maglites AND rechargeables . Never had a quality rechageable leak, yet.
I’ve been thinking on the Burris Four X 1.5-6x42mm - 3P#4 E Dot Illuminated.
Seems pretty good for the $$.
Originally Posted by tankerjockey

Should be excellent, I love the 3P#4 reticle...check with Doug I think he's got a sale going on those right now...
Originally Posted by tankerjockey

Should be excellent, I love the 3P#4 reticle...check with Doug I think he's got a sale going on those right now...

We certainly do smile
But it's not a 1in xcope...remember the title? powdr
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
I haven’t tried one yet but the Tract Toric might be worthy of consideration.

John

They aren’t illuminated.
Originally Posted by powdr
But it's not a 1in xcope...remember the title? powdr

Title? Your just lucky this thread is still talking about scopes. Could turn into pictures of spaghetti or what is best chainsaw any second.
You're right Timber. powdr
© 24hourcampfire