Home
Posted By: leftycarbon More on Leupold Service - 01/30/20
4 weeks ago I had my rifle "tip over" in my loading room and land right on the objective of the Leupie 3.5X10. Bent the objective pretty good. Called leupold and sent it in.

Quoted 4 weeks .

Almost exactly 3 weeks scope arrived.

Following work done:

Replaced Lock ring

Fixed tube

replaced O rings replaced windage adj

replaced elevation adj

mechanical inspection

Complete internal inspection checked and adjusted total travel.

Total cost including shipping.....0

Pretty good service I would say!

Lefty
You must not “shoot enough”. Kidding
Posted By: Lucas1 Re: More on Leupold Service - 01/30/20
How did you ship it to them for 0?
Posted By: 30338 Re: More on Leupold Service - 01/30/20
That's something.
Your right! I did spend $15.00 or so .

Pretty cheap for being a clutz and dropping my rifle on a concrete floor

LC
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: More on Leupold Service - 01/30/20
WTF is gonna happen when you nail spikes with it if it bent just from falling?
Uo oh forgot to mention that it fell 4 stories!

Lefty
Posted By: gunzo Re: More on Leupold Service - 01/31/20
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Uo oh forgot to mention that it fell 4 stories!

Lefty

grin

Bought a used Mk 4 from a forum classified & the big ole knobs were barely turnable. Ask the seller, a lying corksucker BTW, if he'd had problems. No, none.

The tube didn't have ring marks like some think, a scratch here or there on the tube, it had actual indentations where the hack tried, & succeeded to crush the tube. A pissing contest with him wasn't worth the trouble as it was a Leupold.

Eight to 10 bucks shipping to Leupold got me a new tube, both erectors & return shipping. Using that scope later got me into the thousand yard club with an 1122 yard confirmed kill on a prairie dog.

Some have bad experiences with them, some don't
Posted By: Spartacus Re: More on Leupold Service - 01/31/20
Sometimes, some people get lucky.

Some people live right, some don't..........
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: More on Leupold Service - 01/31/20
Leupold, love them or hate them, etc. For the money, I like the quality and clarity of the lenses, the light transmitting, the eye relief, light weight, the looks including the gold ring. Most of my experience is with the Vari X, Vari X111, VX3 and VX3i. In my opinion if they had more reliable adjustments that stayed put they would be embraced by many more shooters.

I am for the most part a "set & forget" Leupold scope user and have been that way for 55 years in Alaska and almost every other hunter is the same up here. I recently transitioned my two 30-06 rifles to the Leupold B&C reticle, as I want to keep them as light as possible and don't plan on ever shooting at a critter past 500 yards. My pre-64 Mod. 70 Featherweight got a VX3i 3.5-10x40 for the 175 grain Barnes LRX bullets and the little Husky 1640 Lite will toss the 168 grain TTSX version.

I have a Leupold VXR 3-9x40 with the Firedot #4 reticle and the Kenton Industries ballistic tape that I keep as a back up for my .338 Winny and the 225 grain Barnes TTSX load, just in case the Nightforce SHV 3-10 takes a dump. I also have a VX3 1.5-5x20 with a German #4 that I will always have, it has proven reliable and may go on the Mod. 94 in .356 Win. on next years moose hunt for my grandson as I don't want him shooting very far yet.

I put my old Vari X 2.5-8-36 with the Duplex reticle on a 338-06 I had made up for a grandson. That scope rode on my .338 and stood up to many a 250 grain Barnes X bullet going bang. Maybe it will take a dump. I think I bought it in the late 70's, but could be wrong. Any way, it is old reliable so far and my longest shot was a moose at about 400 yards.

As I learn more about scopes and optics I am some what bewildered by all the times a Leupold Gold Ring scope was pictured on a custom rifle on the cover of a monthly gun magazine. I'm talking several times a year on many publications. Featuring articles by many of the better known and respected gun writers. Hard to believe they never said any thing bad about Leupold scopes in those articles. But, if they did I never read it. How weird is that. All I can think of is they never fired them much, right?
© 24hourcampfire