Home
Like a woman having a bad menstrual bleed, the call out on Leupold is flaring up once again...Same stories we’ve all heard ad-nauseam being shared by a few different members, with others piling on with horror stories,,,,So...

I decided to take the question of “Do people trust Leupold” to another hunting forum where a heavy handed moderator works the threads for any signs of mean, menacing, derogatory words, and here is what happened.

Currently 11 pages of basically the same stories experienced and shared here on the Fire. Was I surprised? In a word, NO!

But, I wanted to see if the Fire was possibly a case of the water being polluted by a few. Ummm, apparently not.

Link.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/leupold-scopes-do-you-trust-them-today.236295/

😎
Yeah I participated in that thread as well. I quickly seen that there are Leupold fanboys everywhere
Originally Posted by Luvbowhuntn
Yeah I participated in that thread as well. I quickly seen that there are Leupold fanboys everywhere

What scopes do you use now?
I have had 2 fairly new Leupold and 1 Redfield that would not track, not zero or maintain zero once zeroed, I replaced 2 of them with German Zeiss with target elevation knobs and the Redfield with a Japanese Zeiss and all 3 have done exactly what a quality scope should do.

Small sampling of these newer versions but enough to sour me.

I have an older Mark 4 4.5 - 14 x 50mm on a custom coyote rifle that has been twisted more than a Democrat's platform and keeps on trucking. I have noticed some haze around the edges of the fov, but I am afraid to even attempt to send it in for fear I will end up with a dud. I keep hoping they will right the ship and start cranking out the stuff we are used to, until then I will live with the distorted edge of fov.
Leupolds knife in the heart was the super accurate factory rifle.

Once people got their hands on guns that could shoot, they demanded scopes that kept up.

Leupold can’t. So...bye.
Wow - the exact opposite of my experience. All my rifles wear Leupolds - I have never had any problem.
I recently had another Leupold (3.5-10 VX 3) quit holding zero, etc. I know I will never own another Leupold product.
Don't be a troll
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I recently had another Leupold (3.5-10 VX 3) quit holding zero, etc. I know I will never own another Leupold product.

I got a new VX-2 4.5-14x40 A/O that I purchased a fews years ago... I’ve mounted it on two knot making rifles and having the same problem.

After the fist shot, my POI is all over the target...I chase it back to zero...Next shot, POI has changed.

I haven’t gotten around to sending it back for repairs. I’m not even sure Leupold makes this scope any longer...Oh well. 😎
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre
Wow - the exact opposite of my experience. All my rifles wear Leupolds - I have never had any problem.

You lucky bastid...Buy a lottery ticket. 😬😎
The Deep State takes care of the Deep State no matter how much harm they've done to the country, or who they've hurt......unless it was another Deep State actor. If you are in the club, you are safe from prosecution.
Huh, I filled my deer tags with Leupolds again this year without issue. There will always be phuuktards out there that will have trouble with anything they touch.
I have no trouble with my 30 plus Leupolds
Leupold has made ammunition manufacturers millions.
Surprised you got away with posting “slut” on LRH!
Originally Posted by kingston
Leupold has made ammunition manufacturers millions.

Nah its guys that can't shoot worth a chit.. I'm going to use some of BSA logic, supposed bunch of folks here that can shoot a hummingbird in the eye at 1000. But you can't even get them to do the MOA challenge. So I suspect guys with chitty leupold could never shoot anyway.. back in Colorado at the local rifle range, a guy would shoot adjust scope, shoot adjust shoot adjust. Never tried shooting a group, to see if that ammo was even grouping. After few more of shoot adjust, he asks the RSO too look at his group, that's when the RSO proclaimed the scope was bad.. I sat their shaking my head..
I've been a fan of Leupold for awhile and have used the 1-4x20mm scope in all flavors for a long time. I bought a Freedom 1.5-4x20mm and was impressed with the glass for the money and it sighted in and stayed there, still does. BUT I missed a coyote head shot at 60 yards and it was a chip shot sot I went to the range and checked the sight in and it was dead on, I started to beat myself up a little for not trying to get the coyote closer. I sighted the rifle on 4x and checked it on 4x and decided to see how it would look at 1.5x and it shoots 3" to the left , just enough to miss a coyote. I moved it dead on at 1.5x as most of the time I shoot called coyotes on that and rarely change it. Next time I get to the range and can sight it with a different scope and then send it back to Leupold. I wish someone else made a straight tube with as nice a glass in that price range that doesn't have a tactical reticle in it.
Originally Posted by reivertom
The Deep State takes care of the Deep State no matter how much harm they've done to the country, or who they've hurt......unless it was another Deep State actor. If you are in the club, you are safe from prosecution.

Do you have Gus tied up in your basement?
Originally Posted by erich
I've been a fan of Leupold for awhile and have used the 1-4x20mm scope in all flavors for a long time. I bought a Freedom 1.5-4x20mm and was impressed with the glass for the money and it sighted in and stayed there, still does. BUT I missed a coyote head shot at 60 yards and it was a chip shot sot I went to the range and checked the sight in and it was dead on, I started to beat myself up a little for not trying to get the coyote closer. I sighted the rifle on 4x and checked it on 4x and decided to see how it would look at 1.5x and it shoots 3" to the left , just enough to miss a coyote. I moved it dead on at 1.5x as most of the time I shoot called coyotes on that and rarely change it. Next time I get to the range and can sight it with a different scope and then send it back to Leupold. I wish someone else made a straight tube with as nice a glass in that price range that doesn't have a tactical reticle in it.

There’s Trijicon.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/product-family/trijicon-accupoint-TR24

https://www.trijicon.com/products/product-family/trijicon-accupoint-TR25
BTT in case someone has missed the last 453 leupold suck threads the last year. 😂😂😂😀😀😁😁😁😎😎
BTT
Sticky??
What are the Leupold issues? I must have missed all of the previous threads.
Most of Leupold's troubles are on this site. I have no troubles with mine.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sticky??

🖕🏾😂🖕🏾😎🖕🏾😂
Haha !!😂😂
What troubles ?
I've got a bunch, and no issues.
Seems you all that do, are drama queens, looking for free stuff, or ??
Lol !!!
Originally Posted by splattermatic
What troubles ?
Lol !!!

It might not get me a free Leupold, but it does drive down the resale value for their wares making a used Leupold a pretty affordable piece of gear for most people...You’re welcome...😬😎
Originally Posted by splattermatic
What troubles ?
Lol !!!

Most folks don't have trouble with Burris. I did. I no longer buy that brand. It has nothing to do with drama. I don't like scope failure.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Huh, I filled my deer tags with Leupolds again this year without issue. There will always be phuuktards out there that will have trouble with anything they touch.

I have heard people brag on loopys before, but never heard one say that they filled their deer tags with them. Most use a rifle.
grin
Originally Posted by reivertom
Most of Leupold's troubles are on this site. I have no troubles with mine.

I have 15 or so leupolds. None newer than about five years. A couple over 30 years old. Had one handgun scope blow up inside, it was on a 357 maximum. Sent it back and it was returned fully repaired in about three weeks, free.
The rifle scopes are all functioning just fine.
© 24hourcampfire