Home
Posted By: ChrisAU Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/04/20
Looks like some models leaked tonight, 3-15x42 and 3-15x50. Weight on the 42mm is 19.2 oz, MIL/MIL, locking exposed locked elevation, capped windage, illuminated version of Ilya’s G4 reticle, parallax adjustment. Could be a hit if they track. Loved the G4 reticle but it did need illumination IMO, and now voila. Cautiously optimistic.

Search “Razor LHT” on eBay to see reticle pics. Here is one web page with info:

https://www.impactguns.com/scopes/v...m-30mm-tube-black-843829108942-rzr-31502
Posted By: CBB15 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/04/20
For the life of me I don’t know why Nightforce can not offer a similar or improved hunting reticle in the nxs compacts.

I agree that the new razor sounds like a hit. I hope it tracks too.

Wait a couple years and you should be able to find them on closeout everywhere for $399.
Posted By: AlaRedleg Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/04/20
Spoke with Vortex today and it launches tomorrow 👍
Posted By: BeardHunter Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
I have some concerns about illumination and reliable tracking at that weight. Having said that, I should have two in hand tomorrow to fondle.
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
Too bad the G4 reticle subtensions aren’t in even 0.5 and 1 MRAD increments.
Posted By: aalf Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
https://vortexoptics.com/riflescopes/razor-hd-lht.html
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Too bad the G4 reticle subtensions aren’t in even 0.5 and 1 MRAD increments.

That is how I originally sketched it up for them, but I think they are trying to maintain the same dimensions in all of their holdover reticles. I think they just drew it up in mrad because the turrets are mrad.

Two of my 1.5-8x32 HD LH scopes have the same subtensions, so I can live with that.

ILya
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
Actual FOV:

35.3' @ 100yds at 3x
7' @ 100yds at 15x
6.74 degrees 3x
1.34 degrees 15x
Posted By: wareagle700 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
I hope they hold up in the field, looks like a good hunting optic on paper.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/05/20
I have one en route... Got to see it in hand last fall and it looks good. The 42mm makes a lot more sense for my uses.
Posted By: lostleader Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/06/20
Japsn LOW?

Might have a use for one if tracks and tough. Within an ounce of NF 2-10 NXS and should mount easier on a long action.
Posted By: scotts94_z28 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/06/20
These look almost perfect now if only they track like an SWFA they'll end up on all my hunting rifles
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/06/20
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I have one en route... Got to see it in hand last fall and it looks good. The 42mm makes a lot more sense for my uses.

I'll be looking at the 3-15x50. It is easily one of the lighter weight 50mm objective scopes out there.

ILya
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/06/20
Originally Posted by koshkin

I'll be looking at the 3-15x50. It is easily one of the lighter weight 50mm objective scopes out there.

ILya

+1
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/06/20
They lost me at SFP...

John
Posted By: BeardHunter Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/07/20
Received my x42 and x50 today. Will have some pics tomorrow for size comparisons.

I had some difficulty seeing the markings on the HD LH reticles but don’t seem to have that problem with these two.

Have just done a cursory fiddle phuuck with them so far and am reasonably happy.
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
They lost me at SFP...

John

Yep. I was almost there until that. I like the MRAD reticle for a simple hunting scope.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/07/20
They lost me at SFP...

John

You and me both John.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/07/20
We can never please all. This is why we need options.

Then again, options cost $=R&D more $$ to the consumer.
Posted By: aalf Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/07/20
Originally Posted by JGRaider
They lost me at SFP...
You and me both John.

Makes me want one......
Posted By: russm86 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/09/20
I wish they would have left the Razor HD LH in the line up. This new one with the 30mm tube, exposed turrets, and extra 3 ounces of weight doesn't do much for most hunters. The previous model was near perfect I thought.
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/13/20
Scope looks to be absolutely perfect for my style of western hunting. Like a slightly shorter/lighter V4.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/13/20
Originally Posted by CBB15
For the life of me I don’t know why Nightforce can not offer a similar or improved hunting reticle in the nxs compacts.

Yep.....closest thing they've had is the Velocity 600.
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/15/20
Any tracking reports yet?
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/15/20
Following.
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
I have one one the way, I’ll give it a good erector flogging and report back.
Posted By: WAM Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
Reckon the Wuhan virus might slow shipments from China?
Posted By: micky Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by WAM

they are not made in China
Posted By: WAM Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
Originally Posted by micky
Originally Posted by WAM

they are not made in China

Then where are they manufactured? Most Vortex I’ve seen are Hecho en China.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
Where is it made? sfp are hunting scopes you guys know that. Save the ffp for competition. Which vortex makes plenty of
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
Japan

[Linked Image from uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com]
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/17/20
How are these doing? Who has one and has used it a bit? I’m really wanting to get one but on the fence due to a past vortex experience.
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/18/20
They just started shipping so few have them in hand. I should have mine by the weekend.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/18/20
Have only handled it, but not mounted it... I like it so far. the reticle looks good and clean.
Posted By: BeardHunter Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/19/20
Hoping to run mine through the paces this weekend.
Posted By: BCSteve Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/19/20
These look very promising but it still has the Vortex stigma. I hope to read some positive reviews.
Posted By: mclevela Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/19/20
They lost me at SFP...

John

What he said, I was so hoping for a FFP.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/19/20
I'm thinking, I'd like to try a FFP
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/19/20
Why the center dot? on the original vortex razor hd lh g4 reticle sucked at longer distances hunting antelope at 300 to 400 yards you couldn't use the dor ot was to big and yes I know the hold over lines are for longer shooting but not on this version made to dial.
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/20/20
Too each their own, I own a few ffp swfa and NF and just prefer a sfp for a designated LR hunter.
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/20/20
Originally Posted by azelkhuntr
Why the center dot? on the original vortex razor hd lh g4 reticle sucked at longer distances hunting antelope at 300 to 400 yards you couldn't use the dor ot was to big and yes I know the hold over lines are for longer shooting but not on this version made to dial.

The G4 dosent suck at LONG distance, it sucks balls at EVERY distance...
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/26/20
Anyone have a tracking report yet?
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/27/20
Mine took a quick trip to some BLM this am riding on an accurate 260. Zeroed at 200, easy as expected. Dialed to 550, dead on. Back to 200, perfect. Dialed to 820, dead on. Back to 200 perfect.

I’ll dial the turret some more tomorrow and report back, but so far it’s the best all around hunting scope I’ve ever used. If it continues tracking true, returning to zero and holding zero under recoil I’ll own a bunch more.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/27/20
Well hunter, that sounds like some good news.
Wishing you the best with your new scope.

Take care
Posted By: OXN939 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by hunter5325
Mine took a quick trip to some BLM this am riding on an accurate 260. Zeroed at 200, easy as expected. Dialed to 550, dead on. Back to 200, perfect. Dialed to 820, dead on. Back to 200 perfect.

I’ll dial the turret some more tomorrow and report back, but so far it’s the best all around hunting scope I’ve ever used. If it continues tracking true, returning to zero and holding zero under recoil I’ll own a bunch more.

Glad to hear. I have two Razor HD LHs that perform similarly. Let us know when you get some more reps in at the range, please!
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/03/20
Beat on the erector again today. Shot at 200, dialed to erector stop (11.5 mils) and back 5 times, then dialed to 580yds (3.1 mil). Repeated this for 6 or 7 shots at multiple distances and come ups / rtz was perfect every time. Gunna continue to test but pretty impressed so far. As a side note I did the same test with a Zeiss V4’s on a heavier kicker (26 Nosler) and it was perfect as well. Same with a couple SWFA’s, though that was completely expected.
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/03/20
Thanks for the update hunter how would you compare the vortex and v4 ?
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/04/20
I’d say they are close overall. Damn near tied for price, LHT is slightly lighter/shorter. I prefer the LHT reticle but that is subjective. LHT turrets lock if you care, probably good thing since they are a bit easier to spin. Both track/rtz perfect so far but can’t trust em like my NF yet. And optically the Zeiss seem maybe a touch more crisp/clear if you care, I don’t.
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/05/20
The power range is what tips it to the Razor for me. I am not a Vortex fan but I have 3 of the previous version 3-15. Only thing I found screwy with the first version was the parallax markings are way off and none of the three are the same. At first it bothered me but I quit it......
Can’t wait for a good used LHT to pop up.....
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/05/20
Power range?
Hunter- if you are asking me. 3-15x42
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/05/20
Ah ok, just curious cause the V4’s have a 4-16x44 option as well which I was using for my comparison
Probably just me but a 3-15 is just right.....
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/06/20
Thanks hunter thats what I was looking for.
Posted By: Steve_in_OR Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/06/20
AKPENDUDE,
I can see that you don't exactly have the"warm and fuzzies" for the G4 reticle. I only have range time with mine to 200yds. It's a 2-10x40 BTW. My uses are close range at low power, 2x to 4x, where it seems it would function like a German #1 or #4. Probably carry on 6x in more open country. I'm not a dialer or user of ranging reticles but would like to see if I can use it for 400 to 500 yards using the aim points on the reticle. I guess I'm wondering what your uses were and what were it's failings. I like the scope a lot and hope I can like the G4 as well for my uses.
Thanks,
Steve
Posted By: SlimBlundt Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/11/20
Optics planet has them in stock for $999 and there’s a 13% off coupon code HUNT

Wife is gonna be pissed...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-razor-hd-lht-3-15x42mm-rifle-scope.html

EDIT: Liberty Optics has it for $800 shipped and no tax (add to cart for price), but it’ll take a couple weeks to ship. I can wait a couple weeks...
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/12/20
Dang I may have to own a few more at that price.

Update - Gunna throw mine on a 7.5 lb 300RUM slinging 200’s and see if it’s recoil shy before I get too excited. I’ve seen my rum eat a few scopes.
Posted By: SLM Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/12/20
You’ll probably wait that long or longer from OpticsPlanet.

Ordered an in stock Ruger ring 2 weeks ago and still waiting. Keep getting the “ Due to high demand & COVID-19, we're experiencing some delays”.

Originally Posted by SlimBlundt
Optics planet has them in stock for $999 and there’s a 13% off coupon code HUNT

Wife is gonna be pissed...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-razor-hd-lht-3-15x42mm-rifle-scope.html

EDIT: Liberty Optics has it for $800 shipped and no tax (add to cart for price), but it’ll take a couple weeks to ship. I can wait a couple weeks...
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/20/20
Any updates on these before I order one from Liberty...??
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/20/20
I haven’t seen which reticle Hunter or Sitka ordered?
Thinking the HSR MRAD since Liberty isn’t showing a G4 in a 42mm....
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/21/20
I got the MRAD because the adjustments are finer. I am comfortable with either. I like Ilya's reticle so far but I have not shot it. I ordered an MOA a while back and am still waiting on it. Just for comparison.
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/22/20
I ordered the 42 HSR MRad for giggles. I have a rifle that SFP won’t be a crutch.
Posted By: jbuck Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/23/20
I got the MRAD because the adjustments are finer. I am comfortable with either. I like Ilya's reticle so far but I have not shot it. I ordered an MOA a while back and am still waiting on it. Just for comparison.

Might want to double check that.

1cm > .25" at 100yds
Posted By: scotts94_z28 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/23/20
Very tempted to grab one of these scopes, mount in on a Fieldcraft 270 and sell all my other hunting rifles. Can't wait to see some more feedback on the tracking and durability.
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/25/20
Ran it out to 410 and 665yds today on steel. Dialed to top and bottom of elevation travel (~11mils) 3 times between each shot. 12 for 12 center steel and then perfectly back to 200yd zero. Setting bear baits Sunday and plan to run it out to 1k busting rocks. Can’t break this thing but I’ll keep trying.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/25/20
Originally Posted by jbuck

Might want to double check that.

1cm > .25" at 100yds

The actual threads are finer according to Vortex...
Posted By: SlimBlundt Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/25/20
UPS Claus came yesterday afternoon. Initial impressions:

- Glass is fantastic for a sub-$1000 scope. Comparable to BX-5/6 but couldn’t say which is better.
- reticle isn’t thin, definitely designed for hunting. I’m thrilled, because I intend to hunt with it. By comparison, NF MOAR tends to get lost in the trees for me because it’s too thin and too busy. Center dot in the Vortex reticle is just the right size.
- Clicks feel very similar to NF SHV, except they don’t require as much force to turn due to the larger diameter of the turret. They’re solid and definitely land square on the hash marks without much sponge in between. Clicks are muted instead of crisp like a spark.
- Elevation turret is solid but not built like a rock. It has a little flex. This is a hunting scope, not a combat unit. Definitely better than Leupold’s CDS-ZL2 on the VX-5/6HD.
- Very forgiving eye box.
- Lots of main tube “real estate” for mounting. This really sets it apart from VX5 3-15x44 which has a long ocular bell.
- For a 3-15x, it’s a relatively compact unit. Yes, it’s long, but the ocular bell housing is much shorter than other comparable scopes so it doesn’t look out of place on an ultralight rifle.

For reference, mounted on my Barrett Fieldcraft short action with 22” #2 contour barrel. Talley low rings. (Pics on the way.)

Attached picture EB541278-89EE-45CF-B649-1C86EAD3C525.jpeg
MOA reticle. I like the 2 MOA hash marks (instead of 1 MOA) and the numbering every 4 MOA. It keeps things much less cluttered.

Attached picture B9496065-4C66-4F86-950F-B57A77EB185F.jpeg
Posted By: handwerk Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/25/20
SB, what is the O.D. of the eye piece?
Originally Posted by handwerk

Update: OD of the eyepiece is 1.7” or 43.18mm. OD of the ocular lens is 2.025” or 51.4mm

That center dot is perfect @ 200. You have your 1" white diamond/square bullseye and the dot floats in the middle with just the tiniest sliver of white around it. I think it's like .33 MOA dot? I dig it.

Blurry pic of target @ 205 yards

Attached picture 6AD02F26-0165-4FD7-A5ED-2CBCCCB4A0C1.jpeg
Posted By: TX35W Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/26/20
Also watching this one with interest.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 04/26/20
Originally Posted by SlimBlundt
Originally Posted by handwerk

Update: OD of the eyepiece is 1.7” or 43.18mm. OD of the objective ocular lens is 2.025” or 51.4mm

That center dot is perfect @ 200. You have your 1" white diamond/square bullseye and the dot floats in the middle with just the tiniest sliver of white around it. I think it's like .33 MOA dot? I dig it.

Blurry pic of target @ 205 yards

Fixt
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Shot the LHT from 460 to 1126yds (10.4mils) today on a rare nearly windless morning. Tracking/RTZ was perfect right along with a couple NXS and SWFA’s. I thing these will ride on a few more of my lightweight rigs.
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Hunter How was the dot at long range? My original g4 would wash out a 1" bullseye at 300 yards or where you using one of the hash's
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Dot is near perfect for my uses which is primarily fur and rocks. However I’ve used it on paper and steal with fine aiming points from 100 to over 1K and actually prefer it to the 3-15 MOAR reticles on most of my LR sticks.
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Good to know might have to try a new one
Posted By: pullit Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Screw it, I fought it long enough and ordered one to play with
Posted By: rj112275 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Best place to buy? Any discounts right now?
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
If you're set on a Vortex call Scott at Liberty Optics. He will take great care of you
Posted By: SlimBlundt Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/05/20
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
If you're set on a Vortex call Scott at Liberty Optics. He will take great care of you

Doug is correct and a real class act for pointing you towards a competitor.
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/08/20
Mine arrived today. Looks promising. Really think I’m gonna like the reticle for hunting in wide open spaces.
The illumination isn’t executed well ( glare and bleed) but at the lowest setting, the setting I would probably ever use it, it is fine.
It will end up on a 7WSM. Hope it holds up and tracks as well as others have experienced.
Posted By: micky Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/25/20
Any more updates on these? I am strongly considering one.

Thanks
Posted By: Motown Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/26/20
Tag
Posted By: sidepass Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/26/20
Originally Posted by micky
Any more updates on these? I am strongly considering one.

Thanks
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/28/20
Mounted mine on a 260 and ran it from 100 out to 500 and back many times today and did not miss MOA steel. Only needed 2.8 mils of adjustment to get to 500 but always spun 3-4 mils past and dialed back when making adjustments, moving from target to target.
Conditions were sunny and warm with variable winds 5-12mph. The rifle is a known shooter with confirmed dope and this scope tracked and RTZ well. I have not put the zero stop in as I have not decided which gun this one will finally land on.

Will be hunting with it this evening and tomorrow to determine how it performs in various lighting and on various targets.

Couple things to note:
The power ring on mine is very stiff but may work in with use.
I really like the simplicity of the reticle BUT would prefer that the horizontal hash increment was finer for more precise wind holds.

So far so good
Posted By: pullit Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/28/20
Hutch,
Where did you get yours, I still waiting on Liberty to send me mine.
Liberty. Took 2 weeks from date of order.
You get Mil/mil or MOA, I ordered mine on 5/5
Mil. I ordered mine in April
Guess the MOA thing is the hold up
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/29/20
Took the LHT for a walk two days ago. Found this boar in the shadows of some dark timber just over 100yds away and on the move. Reticle/center dot was perfectly visible against the black hide and allowed precise shot placement breaking the bears front shoulders. I knew I liked this scope at distance but was jacked to see how well suited it was for low light timber stalking.

Attached picture 1E0D3A5D-D03F-440D-8EFF-12D192C56D57.jpeg
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 05/29/20
Shot a boar porcupine this evening, 161 yards, 22 minutes after legal sunset. Didn’t need the illumination due to the grassy background.
Posted By: koshkin Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/01/20
I am glad these are getting out there. Both models are really growing on me.

ILya
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/01/20
Originally Posted by Bater
Took the LHT for a walk two days ago. Found this boar in the shadows of some dark timber just over 100yds away and on the move. Reticle/center dot was perfectly visible against the black hide and allowed precise shot placement breaking the bears front shoulders. I knew I liked this scope at distance but was jacked to see how well suited it was for low light timber stalking.

That is a big blackie....
Posted By: eyeguy Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/02/20
Ordered mine today from midway usa. They have the mrad version on special in the cart pricing. $874.89. Not sure how that compares to liberty as I didnt see to call them til after I placed my order. Lookin forward to ringing some steel with my 257 weatherby!
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/02/20
This model is close to being the ideal hunting scope for me.
But it came out too late, I already got three VX 5 HD 3-15x44 Firedots for my main rifles a couple years ago.
The features and specs are very similar. Price too, but I did pay a good bit less back when.
I might like the reticle a bit better on the Razor than the pitiful wide duplex, but need to see one in person to be sure.
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/02/20
Originally Posted by eyeguy
Ordered mine today from midway usa. They have the mrad version on special in the cart pricing. $874.89. Not sure how that compares to liberty as I didnt see to call them til after I placed my order. Lookin forward to ringing some steel with my 257 weatherby!

You gave away about $100 assuming Midway got you for sales tax.
Posted By: tabs4u Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/06/20
How is everyone one running theres ? Mounted in Talleys do you have enough elevation when dialing or are using a MOA base and Rings ? I want to keep it as light as possible.
Posted By: RHutch Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/06/20
Mine sits on a 20moa base in Seekins low rings. No issue with a 100 year zero and dialing out to 600 for hits.
Based on the scope specs, sitting in 0moa talleys should allow plenty of erector to get waaaayy out there as well.
Posted By: eyeguy Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/08/20
I put my 3-15x44 on a weatherby mark v action. Ordered Talley 2 piece bases in med height. If I had to doe it again I would order lows. The high cheek piece on the stock and the fact that I sometimes put to much cheek pressure on the stock made me stay with med height but I usually like my scopes a little tighter. Guessing 1/3 inch from bell to barrel. Mine are 0 moa and unless my math is off I should still be able to dial to 800 without issue.
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/08/20
Bater- which reticle did you purchase??
Posted By: lostleader Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/08/20
I looked through one at a dealer the other day and compared it to a leupold hd5. Illumination did not work well for me with either...evidently astigmatism, even with corrected lenses doesn't work well with the red dots?
Posted By: tabs4u Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/08/20
Hey thanks for information guys I think I am really going to like this scope in a set of Talley lows
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/09/20
Originally Posted by Daveh
Bater- which reticle did you purchase??

Mil
Posted By: eyeguy Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/09/20
I noticed that i am getting some reflections off the numbers[red glare] especially if illumination is up. This was just in my basement not in real world situations. Havent tried it with illumination outside yet. Seems like very good glass so far.
Posted By: Daveh Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/11/20
One coming from Liberty......
Posted By: Bater Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/11/20
I think you will be pleased. I’ve yet to read a negative tracking/rtz review and mine has been perfect.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 06/12/20
Stocks went up 2% yesterday so I ordered the razor hd. It should be here in a week.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortex-Raz...OA-SFP-Riflescope-RZR-31501/164112714765

Then stocks went down 2.5% today:(

I also ordered a Meopta Meopro 3-9x40 BDC
Posted By: Fotis Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/16/20
Just bought one....Now if I had a rifle to put it on.......
Posted By: DanGilbertTX Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20
Originally Posted by Fotis
Just bought one....Now if I had a rifle to put it on.......

I bought one too, but do have a rifle to put it on. Just waiting for it to not be 12 billion degrees and 700% humidity so I can spend a day at the range and not be a melting snowflake.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20
i have about 150 rounds through mine. Tracking not an issue. Wish i had a known shooter so i could really assess. Not much not to like though.
Posted By: Slidellkid Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20
Newbie here to turrets, mil and moa adjustments.
If you all are buying the 3-15 model and it’s second focal plane, are you really plane to with your scope set at 15 so that your dialing will be accurate? I understand you foam figure different adjustments at different scope powers, but where I hunt i frequently need to shoot quickly and I am confident that having to calculate power to yardage would be a disaster. Why not just make the thing in first focal so the adjustments are good at any power.

I guess this issue wouldn’t be as bad at say 9 or 10 power, but who shoots animals on 15 power?
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20
I have one coming today, the 3-15x50 with HSR5i is $799 at Eurooptic, I couldn't resist.
Posted By: screaminweasil Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
I have one coming today, the 3-15x50 with HSR5i is $799 at Eurooptic, I couldn't resist.

Damn you.....

I couldn't resist as well, you just cost me $799. Seems these are exclusive to Euro with the Hsr5i in the 50mm obj.

I already have two 42mm versions with the excellent Hsr5i, so I was happy to grab this one in 50mm.

If they keep the price at $799 I'm sure i'll end up with a few more.

I've tracked my two 42mm out to 10 Mils several tests and they've been PERFECT

Posted By: screaminweasil Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Newbie here to turrets, mil and moa adjustments.
If you all are buying the 3-15 model and it’s second focal plane, are you really plane to with your scope set at 15 so that your dialing will be accurate? I understand you foam figure different adjustments at different scope powers, but where I hunt i frequently need to shoot quickly and I am confident that having to calculate power to yardage would be a disaster. Why not just make the thing in first focal so the adjustments are good at any power.

I guess this issue wouldn’t be as bad at say 9 or 10 power, but who shoots animals on 15 power?

Dialing is accurate at any magnification as its function is unrelated to magnification setting. The reticle subtensions just won't be accurate or intuitively accurate unless on 15 power.

However, with apps like Strelok Pro, it's a mute point. The app will show you how the reticle subtends at whatever mag you enter in the app.

For example the Hsr5i reticle has windage hold over marks that equal 1/2 Mil (or 5 clicks), but only at max power of 15x. So, using the app, enter whatever mag you plan on shooting and it will tell you what they subtend other than .5 Mils. Example on 7.5x they would be 1 Mil.
Originally Posted by screaminweasil

Damn you.....

I couldn't resist as well, you just cost me $799. Seems these are exclusive to Euro with the Hsr5i in the 50mm obj.

I already have two 42mm versions with the excellent Hsr5i, so I was happy to grab this one in 50mm.

If they keep the price at $799 I'm sure i'll end up with a few more.

I've tracked my two 42mm out to 10 Mils several tests and they've been PERFECT

Well I just got it in and just handling it for a second it feels nice, but, the parallax adjustment knob isn't marked for yardage. I know, I know, its best to figure it out yourself, but I'd prefer it be marked for approximations in the field for quick shots. Never in the history of hunting have I ever taken the time to remove all parallax on an animal like I do at the range. Even if it's off its easier for me to know that 100=150 etc rather than marking up my scope. Asking Vortex about it now, their website clearly shows markings.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/17/20

Good price!

Well I just got it in and just handling it for a second it feels nice, but, the parallax adjustment knob isn't marked for yardage..

No diff to me. My eyes and the numbers never match up..LOL
Originally Posted by Fotis

Well I just got it in and just handling it for a second it feels nice, but, the parallax adjustment knob isn't marked for yardage..

No diff to me. My eyes and the numbers never match up..LOL

Rarely are mine either, but again I just like it for approximation in the field. Vortex is finding out if they can swap the parallax dials for me, apparently the Eurooptics specific models are for the European market hence they just didn't mark them because the smart Euros can figure it out with meters ha. I suppose I could just drop a pin point of white-out on what I judge to be 100/200/300/400/500 marks when at the range.
I know exactly what you're saying Chris.
For anyone wanting to know, these are the factory approximation marks for us Americans: 20-30-40-50-60-75-100-150-200-300-500-Infinity
Does anyone know if the MRAD reticle models have mil turret adjustments?
Posted By: Fotis Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/21/20
yes they do
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 09/22/20
mine does
Posted By: Mik123 Re: Vortex Razor HD LHT - 07/25/22
How usable is the LHT 4.5-22x50 reticle at 4.5x manification?
© 24hourcampfire