Home
Posted By: Ella bikini style cover for shorty - 03/11/20

Anyone know of a bikini style scope cover that fits the leupold 1-4x20 mms? Don't want the flip ups.

Thanks.
Look into the neoprene covers if you can't find a bikini style.

I picked one up at Midway for a 1.5x5 Leupold about 6 months ago.
The bikini lens cover comes in two sizes. The smaller one should work.
Find a fat inner tube...cut a small section leaving a loop...instant scope cover.
That ^^^^^^^^^

Or Butler Creek makes some.This is what I use on my 1.5-5x Leupolds. Looky here...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014VXC2W?tag=duckduckgo-ffnt-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1
For that style of scope I always used the bikini cover made for handgun scopes.
I saw "bikini" and a reflex made me click on this.
Posted By: efw Re: bikini style cover for shorty - 03/12/20

That’s what I have on my choads.
I have one that’s been sitting in a drawer for 15 years or so. Don’t think I’ve ever used it. It’s 9” before being stretched out. You are welcome to it, just send me a PM if you want it.
Just order it from Leupold
Posted By: Ella Re: bikini style cover for shorty - 03/12/20

Thanks all. Picked a BC pistol scope one up.

(Bikini, shorty, and choads. Snicker.)
Posted By: JJF Re: bikini style cover for shorty - 03/12/20
Ella, I use bikini covers but have just ordered some scope lens covers from a company called Shoot-Thru to try out. They make polycarbonate lens with elastic bands. The lens covers themselves are available in different sizes to fit a wide variety of scope ocular and objectives, as well as elastic bands (replacement elastic bands can be ordered). The polycarbonate lens can be removed and replaced, if needed. I did not buy them for the "shoot-thru" capability but rather for my scopes' lens protection. For some of my better scopes (S&B, Leupold, IOR and Weaver Grand Slam) I also have ScopeCoat XP6 Flak Jackets, which is a 6mm thick neoprene cover for the entire scope. This may seem like extreme measures to protect my scopes but to me it is cheap insurance. The only reason I am replacing my rubber bikini-style covers is because they are all very tight and, being made of rubber, will eventually tear/break.
Posted By: JJF Re: bikini style cover for shorty - 03/12/20
I need to clarify that what I mean by not using the "shoot-thru" capability of then new scope lens covers is that I will take off these and of course the scopecoat neoprene cover, when I get to my stand. So, my only reason for trying these is for scope lens protection. Despite what the company portrays, I can't see uncoated polycarbonate lens being any help in improved scope clarity/picture.
Go for the neoprene covers from Scopeguard, Scopecoat or Scopeshield . The bikini cover do not last as the thin rubber strap breaks after a few years. Ask me how I know .
© 24hourcampfire