Home
Posted By: Elvis Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
G'day. I purchased a new K6 Weaver yesterday over the phone, sight unseen. I think they have been discontinued now, hence I thought I would grab the last one in the shop before it goes. I haven't owned a Weaver scope for over 20 years.

How does the Weaver K6 compare to the Leupold FXll 6x36 in glass, click adjustments and reliability? I have several 6x36 Loopys so it would be the obvious scope to compare the Weaver to. Please....no Leupold bashing. smile

Thanks.
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
Don’t know nothing of the Leupy,but the glass is fine,adjustments are on,and the K6 is reliable...
Posted By: boatammo Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
I have had more than 2 of each. I like the leupold better and have the LRD reticle but the weaver is a nice scope. I bought another weaver today.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
So the K6 was my go-to recommendation for years. The FXii is a newer scope but the K6 is still fully multicoated and a bright scope. Reticle could be a little thicker but it is a slick, unobtrusive scope. I am betting you will like the Weaver adjustments better than the Leupold. Weavers are also known for great tracking.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
Echo what kenjs1 said.

The Weaver with shorter eye relief, slightly finer duplex subtensions, fits a short action (have to finesse a long action setup), low recoil rifle perfect. Truck .223 scope for example.

The leupold opposite traits, but for my eyes, bit dimmer. Fits long actions though, and only so many choices out there.
Posted By: RGK Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Echo what kenjs1 said.

The Weaver with shorter eye relief, slightly finer duplex subtensions, fits a short action (have to finesse a long action setup), low recoil rifle perfect. Truck .223 scope for example.

The leupold opposite traits, but for my eyes, bit dimmer. Fits long actions though, and only so many choices out there.

Roger that. Perfect for my 700 .223. I have another on a 700 6mm. Great little scope.
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Elvis Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I had an old K6 over 20 years ago and put it on my long action Model 70 Classic. I then sold it to a mate who has been running it on his Ruger .25-06. Maybe these newer ones have different dimensions??

I just found and read Mule Deer's review on the K6 in his second book of Rifle Looney News. Bright glass (7 on his test chart) and reasonably accurate click adjustments. But he also said they fit better on short actions. I might have to play musical scopes. Or maybe buy another short action rifle to fit the scope on. Hmmmm.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/15/20
RGK - had that exact same rig\setup! Still have the 700 too.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/16/20
I bought one a while back, just because, and it ended up on a .22. Seems like a good, lightweight option where you can make the short ER work. Doing a good bit of scope-swapping lately; I can see this one on my Howa Mini if I want to get the mass down a bit.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Weaver K6 6x38 - 03/16/20
I have a couple of the 4x & 6x Weavers (Japanese manufactured), as well as a 6x Leupold, and I agree the glass is a tad better on the Leupold. That being said, its not 2-3x the cost better....
© 24hourcampfire