Home
Posted By: Terryk Today's best range binocular? - 04/15/20
I have a Leica 1200, and a set of Leica 8x32 HDs for ground hog hunting. Shots tend to be less that 500 in this terrain. Anyway I was thinking of a combined unit, just one less thing to lose. I guess the thing I am concerned about is longevity. Seeing what you guys think.
“Best” available to the civilian market I know of is Vectronix Vector 23, but it is more than is needed for 500 yards.

Leica LRF binos are not reliable based on the two units I owned, both of which failed in the first 30 days.

I am using the current Zeiss offering. Ranging has been very reliable with no hiccups. The Swaros have a slightly better low light image, but the Swaro’s ergos are similar to a boat anchor to me. So, I prefer the Zeiss of these three based on actual use hunting deer and pigs in South Texas.

LRF binos do not have the equal level of optical performance as the same bino without LRF. Just a fyi.
I have been using Geovids for 10+ years and never had any issue, they get my vote.
same for me. Fantastic optical quality.
Take a look at the Leica Geovid 10x42 3200.COM Binoculars
WOW Doug those look sweet.........3200 yards !!!!!!!!!! First ones that have caught my eye in quite some time
Originally Posted by boatanchor
WOW Doug those look sweet.........3200 yards !!!!!!!!!! First ones that have caught my eye in quite some time

Be glad to chat with you about it if you'd like
I really like my Geovids.
The Sig 3000 ran circles around the Geovid I had, with exception that the Leica glass is obviously easily better.
© 24hourcampfire