Home
Posted By: xrangerx Conetrol rings - 05/07/20
Anyone use these with a CZ 527? I’m thinking about upgrading but they aren’t cheap. Wanted to get some opinions before I pulled the trigger
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Conetrol rings - 05/07/20
Here are photos of Control mounts installed on a couple of my Custom Sako Predator guns (220 Swift top, 22-250 below) built on a Sako AII actions. These are expensive and a bitch to install but once the scope is mounted using Control rings and bases the scope is welded to the rifle and their slick as he11.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Conetrol rings - 05/07/20
I've used a lot of them...........really nothing better, but it's takes doing a few sets to learn how to do it easily.

I think they were shut down when the owner died, but heard they are open again now...........not sure who's running it though. George, the old owner was a pleasure to deal with, I hope the new one is half as good.

MM
Posted By: stantdm Re: Conetrol rings - 05/07/20
I have a set that I used for a couple of years on a rifle I sold. I kept them. Great rings and bases that were a bit difficult to mount for fumble fingers me.
You need a lot of patience working with these. I've done about six installations of Control mounts. George's Son is Running the business now. Spoke to him a few times a pleasure to deal with he's on the ball.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Conetrol rings - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
You need a lot of patience working with these. I've done about six installations of Control mounts. George's Son is Running the business now. Spoke to him a few times a pleasure to deal with he's on the ball.

Ditto.

I find it helpful sometimes to assemble both sets of rings on the scope, the center cap oriented properly, then place a piece of tape over the assy, spanning both ring halves and the cap, then manipulating that whole assy into the base female receptacle. Doesn’t work everytime, admittedly, but usually cuts down on some cussing.
Step one... Read the instructions thoroughly a few times...
Posted By: Tejano Re: Conetrol rings - 05/07/20
The premium ones with a set screw in the base are reliably repeatable so two scopes can be set up and sighted in. When switching scopes only loosen one of the base screws on each side and it works fairly well. I Loctite the off side screws. Thsy are more solid than the S&K mount which has Gentry type one piece rings. I remember the old adds in Am. Rifleman where they showed them on a Winslow rifle and I thought I wanted one of those too. Glad I didn't as I would have to drive a car with tail fins to go hunting.
Posted By: xrangerx Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
Awesome, thanks all. I think I’m going to try some out
Posted By: Filaman Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
I think they're made in Seguin Texas, up between Austin and San Antonio, close to New Braunfels.

Conetrol
10225 State Hiway 123
Seguin Texas 78155-1025
Posted By: John_McLaughlin Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
I have them on my Mark V 270 Roy and Mark V 340 Roy. Never moved even after a few bad falls on sheep and moose hunts. Great product! JM
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
Worth every dime.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
I've had two sets and spend the extra for the contoured ones. The standard ones have really sharp corners and if you are concerned with aesthetics on your rifle you won't be sorry when you get them mounted. A pia to mount though.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
Takes a little patience to mount them but they are sleek, strong as hell and will never slip. Cons: Pricey
Posted By: DubThomas Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
I purchased a set back int he mid 90's to use on my 1885 Browning. Glossy finish and along with my gloss Leupold VX-3 they look awesome.
Posted By: dingo Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20

I have a set on my .17 Remington. I like em!

Posted By: EdM Re: Conetrol rings - 05/08/20
I have them on one of my M70's but really prefer the S&K's.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: xrangerx Re: Conetrol rings - 05/10/20
Thanks all, some beautiful rifles! Going to order some this week!
Posted By: Taconic11 Re: Conetrol rings - 05/11/20
They've been around a long time. Got them on a couple 3 rifles. Love them. Their machined and well worth the price. Careful of the caps, they're sharp as a knife.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Conetrol rings - 05/11/20
The best............................., The End

MM

Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Conetrol rings - 05/14/20
i should also add that I've used a lot of Conetrols on Sako dovetailed receivers as well.............does a great job on those too.

Never had a Conetrol mount fail.

MM
© 24hourcampfire