Home
Posted By: Quak Meostar vs Tract? - 05/16/20
Has anyone compared these 8x42s side by side? I’ve never looked through the tract but hear great things about the 8x version. I’ve been spooked by their d2c model
Posted By: rookieatbest Re: Meostar vs Tract? - 05/16/20
Can't comment on the Meostar but I've been using the Tract Toric 8x42 and I really like them and would recommend them without hesitation.
Great binos!
rookie
Posted By: Leftybolt Re: Meostar vs Tract? - 05/17/20
I have tried both(Meostars and Tract Toric).
Wanted very much to like the Tract Torics. Many a member here rave about the Torics. I bought them and compared them over about a weeks time in varying light conditions. I just couldn’t see what all the hype was about. The Torics just didn’t do it for me.
To my eyes the Meostars are better.

Leftybolt
Posted By: Quak Re: Meostar vs Tract? - 05/17/20
Actually glad to hear that. Wish I could look through them
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Meostar vs Tract? - 05/18/20
I have the Toric Ultra HD 10X42...They are pretty damn good and built like tank. I got a demo pair for $650 - At 1k they would still be a good deal.
Posted By: Jackie_Treehorn Re: Meostar vs Tract? - 05/18/20
Originally Posted by Quak
Actually glad to hear that. Wish I could look through them
You know, Tract is pretty good about 30-day trials. Buy a pair, try them and send them back for a full refund if you don't like them. The Jons are pretty good about that with no pressure and no judgments.
Posted By: Bearded Re: Meostar vs Tract? - 05/23/20
I have had the Toric UHD as well as the Schott HT (current bino). Buddy has the Meostar. They’ll both do whatever I need, but my eyes preferred the Meostar ever so slightly. That said, my wallet preferred the Toric by a much bigger margin.
© 24hourcampfire