Home
From the Federalist.

Leupold Reconfigures Due to C-19, Says They are the Best

Draw your own conclusions.

MM
What would you expect them to say about themselves?
The same thing that you would say about yourself...........................

MM
I certainly want Leupold to succeed.

I want them to go even further. Bring all manufacturing capability back to the US for the scopes, including the glass. Not just assembly.

I acknowledge their shortcomings and I’m not suggesting they just keep doing what they are doing. They have some things to fix if they want to survive and compete for the long term.
Their PR Dept is up and running.

I don't see any mention of where their glass and some components come from, etc.

Don't reckon they read 24HCF opinions...

I have several Leupolds and like them. You can always send one back and they'll fix it.

Hard to do when out in the boon docks...

So, there you have it.

BEST is actually a 4 letter word... blush

DF
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
The same thing that you would say about yourself...........................

MM

Bunch of lying mother f ers..
They may well be the best now, but I'll never know. Their attitude about serious, genuine issues with their scopes has caused me, like JB, to just give up on them as a brand. My time is too valuable to waste on dealing with problematic equipment. Like most, I endured the issue of vague adjustments because in the end, the scopes stayed put once I got them dialed in, and the other specs were very good. I have no confidence in that being the case now, and have moved on to other stuff, saving some money in the process, btw. The couple I still have will stick until they go South.

Based on the last two I acquired new, I think it's quite possible to get a "good" one that will give reliable service, but reports from knowledgeable, reliable people make it clear it's also possible to get a stinker that will give you grief. Don't want grief.
Not a very large field to be smacking one's chest.
Probably not outright lyin', but likely a fair amount of simply not saying all that there is to say, nor full disclosure on component manufacture.

MM
Appears to be a "puff piece" to me, like Hillary Clinton being grilled by George Snuffleupagus. "Edited for clarity" might mean they had final approval on the end product.
As the old saying goes, "If you have to brag about yourself, it's because no-one else is."
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas

I want them to go even further. Bring all manufacturing capability back to the US for the scopes, including the glass. Not just assembly.

I acknowledge their shortcomings and I’m not suggesting they just keep doing what they are doing. They have some things to fix if they want to survive and compete for the long term.

The glass, that would be a tough one. The fact is the United States never was the top rated optics maker. That went from Austria to Japan years ago.

It is said that Leupolds lower line scopes have optics made in China and their higher end is made in Japan. I think that for Leupold to purchase the optic making machinery would be cost prohibitive, Then to get people with experience to make them, The U.S really is bereft of that experience.
They will even do a live video chat on 24hcf to prove it!!!
Yes, I agree that it is a lot of bragging about themselves when they probably should not be and not admitting that their products have some problems. My only hope for Leupold is that whether or not they admit it, they know they have tracking problems and are working to fix them. Because whether anyone likes it or not, no other scope manufacturer out there has, in the same package, very light weight, great eye relief, very good glass and classic looks (at least they used to have classic looks) at an affordable price. When I need a new scope, I look very hard to find all 4 of those traits in a non-Leupold hunting rifle scope and I ALWAYS have to settle for a scope that does not have at least 1 of those 4 things that I like so much about Leupold scopes. I sure hope Leupold fixes their tracking problems. RJ
Originally Posted by rj308
. . . Because whether anyone likes it or not, no other scope manufacturer out there has, in the same package, very light weight, great eye relief, very good glass and classic looks (at least they used to have classic looks) at an affordable price. . . .

Meopta. Tract Optics. Zeiss Conquest. Many others, too.
I doubt if they are the best, but work fine for me.
Can we get another Campfire Special (Sorry, Doug) Leupold Facebook Live meeting (or whatever it was) ? I dont remember the last one very much. Bwahaha
Originally Posted by Higbean

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Can we get another Campfire Special (Sorry, Doug) Leupold Facebook Live meeting (or whatever it was) ? I dont remember the last one very much. Bwahaha

Agreed. Anyone save a copy of that video, I never had a chance to see it.
I’m sure Leupold pays attention to the wizards on the Campfire as they struggle to survive in a downward trending industry as they continue to have record sales in 2018.

BEAVERTON, Ore. — Leupold & Stevens, Inc., has set a new company record, having manufactured more riflescopes in its Beaverton, Oregon factory in 2018 than any previous calendar year to date.
Kind of tired of the same old piss and moan, Buy something else and just give it up! Herd mentality!
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas

The glass, that would be a tough one. The fact is the United States never was the top rated optics maker. That went from Austria to Japan years ago.

It is said that Leupolds lower line scopes have optics made in China and their higher end is made in Japan. I think that for Leupold to purchase the optic making machinery would be cost prohibitive, Then to get people with experience to make them, The U.S really is bereft of that experience.

I know. But I can hope!
I like Leupolds.
I like them too. Just wish they had a better erector system that actually worked.
The resale is what pisses me off. Shiit I hate, I give away!!
Though discontinued, American made 10.5” 9.3 ounce 4x that is Hell-Fer-Stout...Leupold !

Y’all can spend all the money you want on a rifle & optics and the simple fact of the matter is a Ruger American with a Leupold scope will give you right at custom level Hunting rifle performance,and lightweight to boot.. This combo will last you a lifetime in the hunting field.

Time to stop talking [bleep] and buy American, medications and riflescopes.
I mounted a Leupold EFR scope last night for a guy. The box stated something to the effect: designed, assembled and ... in the USA.
I like Leupold products, so hate me.

Wasn't that a joke.

Hell yah! They'll be all cool and chit.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

Wasn't that a joke.

It was real and a colossal waste of my time.
Chinese made, American (maybe) assembled garbage
I’ve heard this thrown back and forth a lot lately, the only Leupolds that have given me any grief are the newer ones.

The older M7 and M8 fixed and the Vari-X III scopes while maybe not as clear as the newest glass have always held zero and been tough as nails. I am not a turret jockey though, I prefer the boring duplex reticle and “set and forget” type of system.

The VX-2 and VX-3i have been the source of all my frustration.

Is there a vintage of Leupold that is considered legitimate or has this been a snowballing problem from way back?
Reupold as a notion,tugs at heart strings and dat's warm/fuzzy in Theory. In Application,they are simply steaming piles of fhuqking schit and in a perpetual downward spiral. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,Reupold has always been like looking through a dirty window,but there was a time when their innards exceeded their outards...now it just all simply sucks ass. Hint.

If one needs to make excuses for the innards,the outards sure as fhuqk ain't no Salvation. Not that I don't enjoy THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,extolling same. Hint.

Simply put,if a scope won't/can't track,it can't/won't hold zero either. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

1000 words. Hint.

If only in fairness...not only Boolit Steerers. Hint.

Though in fairness,I've only had 100's of scopes. Hint.

Pass the mechanics,hold the Fluff and board the train and keep it on the tracks,if only for a fhuqking change. Hint.

Bless their hearts for Lyin',Tryin' and Cryin' though,despite Retards Buyin'.

Hint.

Laughing!....................
Originally Posted by shinbone
. . . Because whether anyone likes it or not, no other scope manufacturer out there has, in the same package, very light weight, great eye relief, very good glass and classic looks (at least they used to have classic looks) at an affordable price. . . .

shinbone, I really like Meopta's, have several of them. But show me a Meopta, Tract or Ziess Conquest that weighs only 11 or 12 ounces. RJ
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold as a notion,tugs at heart strings and dat's warm/fuzzy in Theory. In Application,they are simply steaming piles of fhuqking schit and in a perpetual downward spiral. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,Reupold has always been like looking through a dirty window,but there was a time when their innards exceeded their outards...now it just all simply sucks ass. Hint.

If one needs to make excuses for the innards,the outards sure as fhuqk ain't no Salvation. Not that I don't enjoy THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,extolling same. Hint.

Simply put,if a scope won't/can't track,it can't/won't hold zero either. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

1000 words. Hint.

Pass the mechanics,hold the Fluff and board the train and keep it on the tracks,if only for a fhuqking change. Hint.

Hint.

But what about the little [bleep] throwing your gold ring around the yard, and you yapping about run like the wind??? 😂😂😂

Oooops that video has been deleted.. haha gotta have huge turrets and very good optics to spotlight a Sitka buck!!! Haha

You poor washed up cull.. 😂😂
Bleep = shiit bag, he had no choice. Sorry
Originally Posted by Judman

1000 words. Hint.

Hint.

But what about the little [bleep] throwing your gold ring around the yard, and you yapping about run like the wind??? 😂😂😂

Oooops that video has been deleted.. haha gotta have huge turrets and very good optics to spotlight a Sitka buck!!! Haha

Oh my,yet another Window Licking Drooler,is wishing to muse Reupold "integrity"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I find it HILARIOUSLY Fascinating,that a video both Titled and with Content commensurate,to something as fhuqking simplistic as B&C scope cap integrity,fuels soooooooooo much Estrogen Angst. Hint. LAUGHING!

BC Break in Time Constrained(mainly because Hutch was loosing his fhuqking mind) and it's been Titled same,since inception. VERY fhuqking "impressive",that even a Cross-Eyed Drooling Fhuqking Retard could "think" it as being a scope "test". Alas...the caps never came close to failure and I've "only" had 100's of 'em. Hint.

Now it is a breeze for the astute,to connect all dots and muse zero retention,tracking,return to zero and a coupla words on BC cap integrity. Though the Whiners,would need a fhuqking co-signer! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 words. Hint.

Coulda' been a "fluke",so 1000 more. Hint.

I get a kick outta them trying to ride coat tails,if only because it's the only move they've "got". Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,while you Melting Snowflakes puddle in place. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................
please video the day your kid kicks your ass. You are truly a pile of [bleep].
No .... Bless YOUR heart for trying.

Hint.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Personally if you ain’t gonna buy American made I wish you’d take your family and move the hell out of my country.
Is there a 100 percent American made scope?
Sorry to burst the Reupold Bubble,for you Clueless Fhuqktards. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Is the computer you are Whining from,made in America? Hint.

Bless your hearts for Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!......................
11 years since the filming of the "Baby Man Leupold Torture Test"......where has the time gone? LMAO
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
11 years since the filming of the "Baby Man Leupold Torture Test"......where has the time gone? LMAO

That kid supposedly commited suicide in his early teens.
Wonder why........
Shows the mentality of Big Stick the sick fuqk putting up that clip.

Leupold scopes suck....
'waz,

Watched it with him yesterday,with Grandbaby on my lap and we all laughed.

The time do fly...though Reupold certainly wishes it don't........................(grin)
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Personally if you ain’t gonna buy American made I wish you’d take your family and move the hell out of my country.

I won’t buy PRC if at all possible...but for me I like optics from Japan and Europe. American made scopes don’t exist nor do binos or spotters.

Leupold is garbage...has been for a long time. Sad because they make the best looking scope from an appearance standpoint and I’m perfectly fine with the optical qualities of their scopes...just mechanically they are trash and I don’t even dial.
I had not seen those videos before today and I have a couple of comments. In print, 'Stick comes across as a bit of a douche and hearing him speak does nothing to change one's opinion but, I have to admit, he did the test and put it on record. A coherent description of the action taking place would be nice and production quality isn't top notch but they were tests and I have to acknowledge, he took the risk and showed the results. I won't even throw my Lee Enfield on the ground on purpose so, "Hat's off to Larry".

I also note that he may not be totally clueless. Deliberately obtuse, at times, you bet, but maybe not, technically, a moron.

If Leupold makes a rugged scope with adjustments that work, I'm a fan. They've made too many which fail in both areas. When a scope fails on the range, in relatively pampered conditions, it's not going to be great in the field. When the turrets don't line up with the reticle, it's hard to see any quality. GD

Sorry, Sunshine, but I buy WTF I want from whoever I want, based on value received for my money. American-made is fine, but buying shoddy goods from companies wrapping themselves in the Flag only encourages them to continue making the same crap. Nothing noble or patriotic about it. Sometimes companies need a wake-up call, and some never hear it.

I wish I could have back the money I blew on schitt cars from GM and Jeep in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Finally got a pretty decent Ford just before the turn of the century. Competitive pressure from foreign models is what made
U.S. carmakers clean up their acts, not any sense of American pride.
I found the video of the rifle being thrown around worth watching and eye opening. I have and use several different brands of scopes. I have my fair share of Leupold that I’ve killed way more animals with them then any other brand. They are all on set and forget rifles used 400 and under. I use Nightforce, Bushnell LRHS, sightron and SWFA 10x if I’m twisting. I have had only one Leupold scope that I felt was failing and sent it in for service. It was quickly returned. Leupold has its limitations, but IMHO for the average Hunter it will provide a lifetime of service.
greydoosh,

Sadly,I've never even seen a SMELLE. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Tecknoledgery do change and it remains a bane,as I'm caught in that devilish crossroad,because I evolved with it. Due that reality,I've a hugely herd of Video Equipment,none of which will "talk" to another and "proprietary" findings QUICKLY lose luster. Tough to be fluent in so many languages and rely upon so much differing capture media...despite the Funtitude of said events. Nod your head,like you "understand". Hint.

Helps to have a good Hoot. Hint. LAUGHING!!!

I'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you Kchunts are in talking out your asses,so pardon my simply shooting it all and then some...if only to your collective chagrin. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................
Cry me a river sweet chucks.. dig the $$ grows on trees, looks like that $$ gets lotsa mileage up on the Rez, obviously.. 😂😂😂
Four rifles left in the cabinet after down sizing. Three of the four wear Leupold. No complaints.
Originally Posted by mathman

Not to the best of my Knowledge
100% would mean glass would be ground and coated here. All the little pieces parts, screws etc would be from here. I would say I strongly doubt such a scope exists
Meh... matters not to me what Leupold says. They, and their wares have most definitely changed over the years. And not for the better.
One simply hasta' have the wares,that'll prove a scope's integrity and that's where Drooling Fhuqktards are remiss...the "luck" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

1000 words. Hint.

Though in fairness...they ain't without "merit". Hint.

Being Great ain't easy...but it's worth the effort. At least you Windowlickers "get" to read about and see it. Hint.

Bless your hearts for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!....................
Shiit grows on trees too. Hint...........

Laughing.......

Rubble rubble!! 😂😂
A COMPANY AND USER HAS AN OBLIGATION AT THIS POINT TO BUY AND SELL ONLY USA made or get the hell out of the country.

To even sell a Chinese product at this point should send you straight to Hell.

Deal with America or allies or pack your chit and family and get the heck out !!
Can you give us a quick list of optics that meet your “made in USA” requirements?
Dip Stick,

Of course I don't understand you; I don't speak dumass. I'll admit to kind of liking your lapping vid though. GD
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Sorry, Sunshine, but I buy WTF I want from whoever I want, based on value received for my money. American-made is fine, but buying shoddy goods from companies wrapping themselves in the Flag only encourages them to continue making the same crap. Nothing noble or patriotic about it. Sometimes companies need a wake-up call, and some never hear it.

I wish I could have back the money I blew on schitt cars from GM and Jeep in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Finally got a pretty decent Ford just before the turn of the century. Competitive pressure from foreign models is what made

I can only hope that applies to your meds too. Wanna know the real reason Zantac is off the shelf and up for legal claims? Wanna know why everyone with a Chernobyl metal Makarov pistol has health problems or is dead?

Buy and sell USA or get the hell out !
A COMPANY AND USER HAS AN OBLIGATION AT THIS POINT TO BUY AND SELL ONLY USA made or get the hell out of the country.

Deal with America or allies or pack your chit and family and get the heck out !!

Oh, so now "allies" are on your approved list too. Very generous. Since we're speaking "personally", I don't place Germany or France very high on the list of friendlies myself. They sell subs and nuclear tech to Iran and pretty much look on us with contempt in general. The truth is, almost everyone we consider an ally is really only looking out for their own interests and will poop in our punchbowl any time it benefits them. We actually have very little in common with the rest of the world these days. Our so-called friends are pretty much just sheltering behind our nukes.

The Chinese government is absolutely evil and our greatest threat and enemy. Regrettably, because of past policies, it's going to take some time to wean our economy off the cheap goods teat, and also some determination. Once (if) the triuth about the pandemic is revealed, maybe something will change, but I ain't banking on it. Meanwhile, ranting in all caps isn't making your case.
USA for me, the allied was to please some of you argumentative types.

I really don’t care if you buy radioactive metal, lead chinese drinking vessels, chinese optics or drugs, or kiss someone with Kung-Flu.

I don’t even care if you you are black enough to vote for pedo-joe biden

Its yo world boss

Oh, so now "allies" are on your approved list too. Very generous. Since we're speaking "personally", I don't place Germany or France very high on the list of friendlies myself. They sell subs and nuclear tech to Iran and pretty much look on us with contempt in general. The truth is, almost everyone we consider an ally is really only looking out for their own interests and will poop in our punchbowl any time it benefits them. We actually have very little in common with the rest of the world these days. Our so-called friends are pretty much just sheltering behind our nukes.

The Chinese government is absolutely evil and our greatest threat and enemy. Regrettably, because of past policies, it's going to take some time to wean our economy off the cheap goods teat, and also some determination. Once (if) the triuth about the pandemic is revealed, maybe something will change, but I ain't banking on it. Meanwhile, ranting in all caps isn't making your case.

Many, if not most Americans don't really get that part. Lol.

Certainly not many of the indoctrinated or imported kind.
Sir, I get that part. I’ve had full blown arguments on all of the allied foreign soils when one of them pops off about how they have this great healthcare and other free stuff that we could have too if we were more civilized.

I point out and drive home that if they had a decent military budget and could take care of themselves not on our dime, we too could have such bullshit. I let them know that they would last like a fart in a whirl wind without us and how I as an American soldier that has spilt blood and given my life (brought back by Jesus) plus twenty years, resents everything about them.
"Argumentative", as in thoughtful, logical or simply capable of independent thought, perhaps?

Please, don't ever change. I'm not sure the balance of the Universe could take the strain.😛
I am the most flexible person you’d ever hope to know but rooted deep
Try to relax a little. If you blow a gasket and go under again, Jesus might be looking the other way.
Nobody could be calmer than me, I couldn’t care less about 1’s & zeros
Sir, I get that part. I’ve had full blown arguments on all of the allied foreign soils when one of them pops off about how they have this great healthcare and other free stuff that we could have too if we were more civilized.

I point out and drive home that if they had a decent military budget and could take care of themselves not on our dime, we too could have such bullshit. I let them know that they would last like a fart in a whirl wind without us and how I as an American soldier that has spilt blood and given my life (brought back by Jesus) plus twenty years, resents everything about them.

Like.
I have a few Leupolds from the 1970s & 80s. They could not fix a problem 3 X 9 that was at least 25 yrs old-so they gave me a choice
on a free new scope. Pretty good service. I only have old Model 70s and pre-war 71 Winchesters. Leupold is kinda like LL Bean. They try to please customers.
Ray-
Hope the liberals and C-19 virus stay out of Idaho. Lt Col HRM

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"-Plato

MACVSOG-5th SFG (ABN) Khe Sanh-71-72

Speaking from experience, the only real excitement I had in the past was chasing Communists
in IndoChina, and arresting illegal Iranians.Like 39-40- ish women, because they still be good lookin and no BS.

Twice -Graduate-US Border Patrol Academy
Los Fresnos, Texas
I tend to like Leupold also and know for a fact that the Founder of the Federalist is also a bit of a Leupold fan.

Sean Davis is really a gun guy and came out elk hunting this year.

Most all the optics are Leupold in the pictures.

There's SEALs, Delta, Marine Raiders, Rangers, and the guy from the Federalist.

Quite the mix.

Busting rocks a 1100yds.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3654/Wkat9B.jpg

Playing Wolverine.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7296/0wcnAR.jpg
Oooopsie, that’ll piss some folks off!! 😂😂😂
[

Don't pick on Frodo now. C'mon.
First rate, John.

Looks like you could almost touch the Wind River Range from there, maybe.
You probably are well aware a grizzly got a guide and his bow hunter two years ago. Best to have some sort of heavy lever action if you don't
get the elk out by night fall and have to return next day. Three years ago a grizzly killed a Forest Service Law Enf lad on his mountain bike.
They never got the 6-yr old grizzly. Did a hair sample from the scene to age the bear.

As Elmer Keith said -dangerous game gets dangerous when they are close. Too close if you can only see hair in your scope. Advantage to the G&H side mount.
that reminds me, I have to unmount my VX3i and send it in for repair since its not tracking properly....

With Nikon leaving our market.... the hunting scope choices seem to be untrustably-cheap, way-too-expensive or Leupold....

Vortex used to advertise the Razor AMG as being 100% made in the USA. I don't see that on their site anymore though.
The surf was running fast on that first cut out from the beach, only a vortex would hold my bait down
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Vortex used to advertise the Razor AMG as being 100% made in the USA. I don't see that on their site anymore though.

I don't believe their glass, on any of their scopes, was ever made in the USA.
Originally Posted by AK_Troutbum
I don't believe their glass, on any of their scopes, was ever made in the USA.

They made a big deal about the AMG having lenses made in the US. They claimed that the only part not made here was the reticle.

However, I don't see any of that on their website anymore.

Here's an old write-up... https://gunworld.com/gear/vortex-razor-hd-amg-6-24x50-optic/
Reupold talks out their ass and assembles glass with chopsticks. Hint.

Folks who can choose,simply opt otherwise and for a multitude of WELL founded reasons. Hint.

'Scope innards,are farrrrrr more important than outards and Reupold hilariously misses all(pun be intended). Hint.

By design,they simply won't/can't hold zero,track or repeat. Hint.

It's never been tough to figure,who shoots...and who don't. Hint.

LAUGHING!....................

Absolutely spot on! I agree with you sir.
HILARIOUS...as you Do NOTHING Kchunts spend all hours on your ChiCom phones/'puters. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Oooopsie!

You Brokedick Whiners are a HOOT! Hint.

Bless your hearts for Trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING.................
Had one of my last leupolds [bleep] the bed today.

Dialed 3 moa right and two moa down to zero. Went 4 moa right and 1 moa up and group size doubled.
Originally Posted by Calvin

Dialed 3 moa right and two moa down to zero. Went 4 moa right and 1 moa up and group size doubled.

Yeah, don't say that. It don't fit into my worldview of Leupold scopes.

Did you tap on the scope with the handle of screwdriver to set the erector system? This is a little known secret, for success with Leupos. It should be in the owner's manual, but Leupo reserves it for only the best customers.

I can only hope that applies to your meds too. Wanna know the real reason Zantac is off the shelf and up for legal claims? Wanna know why everyone with a Chernobyl metal Makarov pistol has health problems or is dead?

Buy and sell USA or get the hell out !

So what American made electronic device are you posting from?
Is this Big Stick guy mentally retarded or is the way he posts some kind of troll persona that he sadly thinks is cool or humorous? Trying to read one of his posts is like reading something a dyslexic bipolar crackhead would scribble on the sidewalk in chalk after being shot up with 100 milligrams of thorazine and hit in the head with a shovel.
I’m a set it and forget it hunter. I’m going to keep buying Leupold products as I’ve never had an issue. I’ve probably owned 30 or more.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I’m a set it and orget it hunter. I’m going to keep buying Leupold products as I’ve never had an issue. I’ve probably owned 30 or more.

I own 3 Leupold scopes. Never had a problem with them. I also have Swarovski, Nikon, Zeiss. Hell I even have an old Pentax Lightseeker. I guess I must be the luckiest SOB God ever strung a gut through. I have never had any of my scopes crap out on me in any way. I hear some of the companies have great customer service but I wouldn't know. Never had to call on them for a problem.

Then I log on here and read posts by people who seem to go through 5 scopes a week and can't get one in ten to function properly. I'm starting to think that what some of these folks need is a priest to drive the optic demons from their homes. Or maybe a voodoo witch doctor to lift the bad scope curse off their ass. LOL!

Some of you hard luck frackers need to wear a sign around your neck with your 24 Hr Campfire user name on it so I won't end up sitting next to your jinxed asses on a plane.
Toad,

Your idea of "use",ain't...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cheer up,I Vudoo. Hint.

I'm VERY much enjoying,that your STUPIDITY,is no "act". Hint.

Hint.

Well, I’m going back to iron sights now.
Johnny L,

For what its worth, just a few thoughts and experiences:

I don't disagree with your discernments on the implications of buying American. And I, too, was a dedicated Gold Ring guy for a long time, owning just under 30 of them at one point. I was a fan boy;
I routinely admonished non-Leupolds in hunting camps and at the range. I truly thought they were the best. And I loved that they were as American made as they could be at their price point.

But, in retrospect, I'll admit that I was both blindly brand loyal and giving them a free pass because of their American roots. Too many times I danced the "Leupold Shuffle" - trying to get rigs sighted in with inconsistent adjustments. Too many times I made and explored other excuses for rigs that didn't hold zero and/or had wondering zero and/or had very inconsistent grouping some days while inexplicably shooting very well on others. The final straw came when the CDS's became popular, and I started dialing for distance more frequently. On 3 of 4 Leupold scopes I owned with turrets designed to be regularly field dialed, I experienced problems with inconsistent tracking and, more frequently, not returning to zero after being dialed. The one that hasn't experienced problems has the older M1 capped turret, which has spent its life on a gas .223, whereas the others were on 300 or 338 mags of one sort or another, so recoil was likely an issue. I'll say that Leupold CS has been nothing short of great, but CS really can't definitively fix fundamental design flaws in their scopes; instead, they bank on the fact that most people don't shoot enough to notice any fundamental shortfalls, or, more commonly nowadays, that people get problem scopes repaired and then send them onto the next person via internet sales.

I embarked on a research journey that led me to find out that many others had routinely experienced the same issues that I had with my beloved Gold Rings. I was hurt. I felt cheated. For a time I didn't know which direction to turn, but I knew I needed more reliable scopes if I was going to continue dialing for shots while hunting. It seemed that with all of the scopes returned to Leupold, they know full well of the issues they have and, by extension, ought to be able to engineer and produce a scope that could stand up to holding and returning to zero. Further, according to my own experiences and those of others, their reliability issues aren't constrained to their lower or mid tier scopes; the issues are also present in their high end offerings.

Eventually, I found my way to a couple of Nightforce scopes and I haven't looked back. Sure, they are pricey and heavier than comparable Leupolds. But they flat out work, even after a beating. And, after they are mounted, you barely notice any weight difference; certainly not enough to throw off a rig's overall utility, and certainly not enough to mean the difference between climbing an extra hill or not. Additionally, they are a company with a substantial manufacturing footprint in the U.S.

I still have low powered Leupolds on a bunch of levers and woods rifles as they are trim and svelt, and they seem to do OK for a time for closer range, set it and forget it type use.

I would love nothing more than for Leupold to make top quality optics I could rely on. Competition mainly benefits the consumer.

I have no issue with my Leupold's (all are pre-2017). I think they shine with dots, not dials, but I've not experienced any issues with the dials I have.

Undoubtedly the "best" USA Made scopes are Nightforce.
LOL, on a couple levels.

Originally Posted by Brad

Originally Posted by ofelas
LOL, on a couple levels.

Granted, not all are USA made, but some are. Those that are are certainly in a different realm than Leupold (or anything else).
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I tend to like Leupold also and know for a fact that the Founder of the Federalist is also a bit of a Leupold fan.

Sean Davis is really a gun guy and came out elk hunting this year.

Most all the optics are Leupold in the pictures.

There's SEALs, Delta, Marine Raiders, Rangers, and the guy from the Federalist.

Quite the mix.

Busting rocks a 1100yds.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3654/Wkat9B.jpg

Playing Wolverine.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7296/0wcnAR.jpg

It always makes me laugh, the leupold haters, cheerleader haters are always scared to lock horns with burns. Why is that? Is John a liar, doesn’t hunt much, hunts from the truck or doesn’t twist turrets like the elite hot shots here? Makes me laugh, as I’m sure he could probably run any scope he wanted to, but still chooses leupold... 😆😂

1000 words. Hint.

Hint.

Oh my,yet another Window Licking Drooler,is wishing to muse Reupold "integrity"...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I find it HILARIOUSLY Fascinating,that a video both Titled and with Content commensurate,to something as fhuqking simplistic as B&C scope cap integrity,fuels soooooooooo much Estrogen Angst. Hint. LAUGHING!

BC Break in Time Constrained(mainly because Hutch was loosing his fhuqking mind) and it's been Titled same,since inception. VERY fhuqking "impressive",that even a Cross-Eyed Drooling Fhuqking Retard could "think" it as being a scope "test". Alas...the caps never came close to failure and I've "only" had 100's of 'em. Hint.

Now it is a breeze for the astute,to connect all dots and muse zero retention,tracking,return to zero and a coupla words on BC cap integrity. Though the Whiners,would need a fhuqking co-signer! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 words. Hint.

Coulda' been a "fluke",so 1000 more. Hint.

I get a kick outta them trying to ride coat tails,if only because it's the only move they've "got". Hint. LAUGHING!

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,while you Melting Snowflakes puddle in place. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Did he say, “gee stepdad, thanks for making me look like a complete fuucking idiot”?

Laughing.....
Originally Posted by shinbone

In 2018 I bought four VX-3i 3.5-10x40s for under $1300 for all 4. Other than their tracking isn't the best, they're great. Once set they stay there. It's a bit of a pain to sight in, but I don't twist knobs in the field or mess with anything else except adjust parallax with the objective or the side focus knob. Sorry but I have too many rifles to spend an extra $1000 for optics when so far Leupold has done everything I need. Why kick the sleeping dog?
Originally Posted by ofelas
LOL, on a couple levels.

Granted, not all are USA made, but some are. Those that are are certainly in a different realm than Leupold (or anything else).

Brad,

Nothing wrong with Nightforce but wondering what Leupold model you are comparing to what Nightforce?

If we are talking heavies the Leupold MK8s stack up just fine to BEAST or ATACR on a ounce per feature basis although it's more expensive.

VX6 is a better buy than Nightforce SHV at the same weight and feature set.

Just wonderin.
Judman:

It's not my intent to "lock horns" with anyone, whether they truly know well of what they type or not. Most of us have experiences and hard earned information that informs our decisions and convictions, and the expression of mine wasn't an attempt to deride or marginalize anyone else's. Just sharing experiences and information that has proven to be of value to my thought process for others to consider. A point of my post was that you can buy other rifle scopes that are as "Designed, Engineered, and Assembled in USA" as Leupolds, and I have found at least one option to be exceedingly good, tough, reliable scopes. I also included the factors that effectuated my consideration of something other than Gold Rings after a lifetime of almost exclusive use. I apologize if that offends anyone's sensibilities.

The experiences I had with a few Leupolds are not isolated or somehow idiosyncratic to my specific use conditions. As stated, I was as big a water boy for Leupold as most anyone. But it came to a point in which I couldn't ignore what I was experiencing; then, the more I looked into it, the more widespread the issues seemed to be. I'm not "hatin" on Leupold or anyone who chooses to use them. I still use a number of them regularly and I sincerely hope that someday I can use them on a rig set up for dialing and have confidence in them, but, for now, I'm not there with them.
Not specifically targeting you starbuck, as you’ve only 5 posts. I don’t get to hunt much, I’m wondering what all the fuss is about? 🤣🤣
You guys get this figured out yet?
Originally Posted by Todd_Bradford
Is this Big Stick guy mentally retarded or is the way he posts some kind of troll persona that he sadly thinks is cool or humorous? Trying to read one of his posts is like reading something a dyslexic bipolar crackhead would scribble on the sidewalk in chalk after being shot up with 100 milligrams of thorazine and hit in the head with a shovel.

I know, it's like he's perpetually stuck in puberty.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
I’m a set it and forget it hunter. I’m going to keep buying Leupold products as I’ve never had an issue. I’ve probably owned 30 or more.

I presently own at least 8, maybe 10. I also have never had an issue. As was said, they're light weight, bright and hold zero. They perform fine in low light. I don't crank on my knobs. I set it at the range and when I get out in the field I use Kentucky Windage and hold over. What else could you want?
Toad,

Your idea of "use",ain't...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cheer up,I Vudoo. Hint.

I'm VERY much enjoying,that your STUPIDITY,is no "act". Hint.

Hint.

Tell your doctor that's it's time to increase the dosage of your medication again. Oh and you might want to bump your therapy sessions up to 2 a week for a while.

I got a pretty good handle on it, as usual.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns

I got a pretty good handle on it, as usual.

Is that a Revic?
Starbuck, I got nuthin but love for ya. If you are passionate enough to write such a dissertation you give more credence to the digital world of ones & zeros than I.

We gotta start somewhere getting USA products back to standards, I support the efforts.

For me that means while I might buy from an American company assembling in the USA though a part or two might be made overseas, I will not support a retail company that sells Chinese options other than that. So, if the company were for instance SWFA or Cameraland and they sold Chinese products, I wouldn’t even by a Leupold from them.

Originally Posted by Starbuck
Johnny L,

For what its worth, just a few thoughts and experiences:

I don't disagree with your discernments on the implications of buying American. And I, too, was a dedicated Gold Ring guy for a long time, owning just under 30 of them at one point. I was a fan boy;
I routinely admonished non-Leupolds in hunting camps and at the range. I truly thought they were the best. And I loved that they were as American made as they could be at their price point.

But, in retrospect, I'll admit that I was both blindly brand loyal and giving them a free pass because of their American roots. Too many times I danced the "Leupold Shuffle" - trying to get rigs sighted in with inconsistent adjustments. Too many times I made and explored other excuses for rigs that didn't hold zero and/or had wondering zero and/or had very inconsistent grouping some days while inexplicably shooting very well on others. The final straw came when the CDS's became popular, and I started dialing for distance more frequently. On 3 of 4 Leupold scopes I owned with turrets designed to be regularly field dialed, I experienced problems with inconsistent tracking and, more frequently, not returning to zero after being dialed. The one that hasn't experienced problems has the older M1 capped turret, which has spent its life on a gas .223, whereas the others were on 300 or 338 mags of one sort or another, so recoil was likely an issue. I'll say that Leupold CS has been nothing short of great, but CS really can't definitively fix fundamental design flaws in their scopes; instead, they bank on the fact that most people don't shoot enough to notice any fundamental shortfalls, or, more commonly nowadays, that people get problem scopes repaired and then send them onto the next person via internet sales.

I embarked on a research journey that led me to find out that many others had routinely experienced the same issues that I had with my beloved Gold Rings. I was hurt. I felt cheated. For a time I didn't know which direction to turn, but I knew I needed more reliable scopes if I was going to continue dialing for shots while hunting. It seemed that with all of the scopes returned to Leupold, they know full well of the issues they have and, by extension, ought to be able to engineer and produce a scope that could stand up to holding and returning to zero. Further, according to my own experiences and those of others, their reliability issues aren't constrained to their lower or mid tier scopes; the issues are also present in their high end offerings.

Eventually, I found my way to a couple of Nightforce scopes and I haven't looked back. Sure, they are pricey and heavier than comparable Leupolds. But they flat out work, even after a beating. And, after they are mounted, you barely notice any weight difference; certainly not enough to throw off a rig's overall utility, and certainly not enough to mean the difference between climbing an extra hill or not. Additionally, they are a company with a substantial manufacturing footprint in the U.S.

I still have low powered Leupolds on a bunch of levers and woods rifles as they are trim and svelt, and they seem to do OK for a time for closer range, set it and forget it type use.

I would love nothing more than for Leupold to make top quality optics I could rely on. Competition mainly benefits the consumer.

Jud, you do realize John's proprietary scope that he sales (sold) was a Leupold? Of course its solid, matter of fact, the best in the world? the-most-versitile-optic-in-the-world Post5341322 Locking horns is pointless. I have had multiple Leupold failures. Aint nothing anybody can say that will ever change that. That seems to be the case with most Leupold "haters". Most of us were solidly in the Leupold camp and reluctantly forced out when the failures started adding up.

It always makes me laugh, the leupold haters, cheerleader haters are always scared to lock horns with burns. Why is that? Is John a liar, doesn’t hunt much, hunts from the truck or doesn’t twist turrets like the elite hot shots here? Makes me laugh, as I’m sure he could probably run any scope he wanted to, but still chooses leupold... 😆😂

This has been my first hand experience, 5+.
Originally Posted by ctsmith

I used and recommended Leupolds gir many years I thought they were tops. In 2004 I bought a NF NSX and that's when I saw that the Leupold shuffle was indeed a flaw.
I no longer own a Leupold and won't waste my time on them Amy longer

This particular leupold had been good up until now but did detect some weirdness last range season but was working up a load so wasn’t sure. Kodiak brown bear, koyokuk moose, several b&c black bears. Was planning on taking it to kodiak again. I will mail it in and doubt it will come back. Probably get a new one I will sell. Fx111 6x42 LR CDS
I just threw my last scope in the trash, irons for me
I endorse your move.
Judman:

I haven't noticed a direct correlation between number of posts and quality of content.
Too many times I danced the "Leupold Shuffle" - trying to get rigs sighted in with inconsistent adjustments. Too many times I made and explored other excuses for rigs that didn't hold zero and/or had wondering zero and/or had very inconsistent grouping some days while inexplicably shooting very well on others. The final straw came when the CDS's became popular, and I started dialing for distance more frequently. On 3 of 4 Leupold scopes I owned with turrets designed to be regularly field dialed, I experienced problems with inconsistent tracking and, more frequently, not returning to zero after being dialed.

Mirrors my experience..
Judman:

I haven't noticed a direct correlation between number of posts and quality of content.

Starbuck,

No one said anything about quality of content, as 5 posts probably doesn't label you as one of the member's that flips they're lip, or cheerleads on the side lines in every fuucking Leopold thread. Keep up now..

I've a safe full of leupolds, as does family and pards, amazingly they make copious amounts of meats yearly, without a hitch.
Sighting in a scope,with a single shot,is beyond refreshing. Hint.

Zero's that stay put,are just as easy to like. Hint.

Tracking that is spectacular and in conjunction with a return to zero,rewrites The Books. Hint.

Another for Toad to cry about. Hint.

LAUGHING!

10yd parallax don't suck,(2) Mils of erector travel for every ounce of scope mass is a GREAT trade and etched reticles that actually steer boolits,don't suck either. Hint.

Mainly,all of the thangs that Reupold ain't cain't/don't/won't do. Hint.

Not much is fhuqking funnier,than CDS...as a MQ reticle alone,simply thrashes it in ALL regards. Hint.

Just sayin'....................
Hahahahhah, that's why I put the little retard on ignore.
BlackTart,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Clueless Fhuqktards would need a co-signer for the muzzle tape alone. Hint.

Bless your heart for Trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................
Funny guys.

Proves that high post counts do not translate to real world experience.

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Hahahahhah, that's why I put the little retard on ignore.

Big Stick,

I like the video of your chopping down that big ass tree.

I'm amazed how fast those saws go through that size lumber.

Dave

PS-I still like my Leupold's. LOL
Originally Posted by deflave
Big Stick,

Dave

P.S.-I still like my Leupold's. LOL

'Flave,

That wasn't me,it was John Burns and her otherworldly "expertise". Hint

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................
Big Stick,

Dave

'Flave,

Hint.

Worth 10,000 words.

If you're struggling to make the point of aim the point of impact it's most likely not Leupold's fault.

Just Sayin, from lot's of experience. wink
Big Stick,

Dave

'Flave,

Hint.

Ahhh the last bushelor. 😂😂😂

The one shot zero! Haha

You hard chargin cull you!! Hint!!

Laughing.............
Jud, you do realize John's proprietary scope that he sales (sold) was a Leupold? Of course its solid, matter of fact, the best in the world? the-most-versitile-optic-in-the-world Post5341322 Locking horns is pointless. I have had multiple Leupold failures. Aint nothing anybody can say that will ever change that. That seems to be the case with most Leupold "haters". Most of us were solidly in the Leupold camp and reluctantly forced out when the failures started adding up.

+1
Big Stick,

Dave

PS-I still like my Leupold's. LOL

The tree chopping is really cool, but I really like how he chops thru the snowflakes here best
I haven't bought a scope that'll steer boolits...since yesterday. Figured I'd try me one of them there 6x MQ's.

Hint....................(grin)
© 24hourcampfire