Home
Thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these. Opinions wanted it seems like a busy reticle but I kinda like it. Just wanted a little feed back
If the one you are talking about is the same as the PigPlex it is a nice fast acquisition scope with a fine enough reticle to be precise. I have mine on flat enough shooting rifles to not need the hold over hash marks but could see where it would be handy shooting rainbow like rounds. I use mine on called coyotes.
Yep Pig plex is definitely the reticle. Even has it written in the horizontal bar on the reticle
I have one on an M1A, and its not a bad optic...I just hate staring at "Pig plex" every time I shoot the rifle. Not sure what Leupold was thinking on that one....
Yes I agree with you on that. It’s distracting to see the words PIG PLEX on the reticle. Why in the world would they do that?
I have a couple of the VX-1 scopes in 1-4X20 with the standard reticle and like them a lot. I just couldn't like the pig plex, too busy. Plus the standard reticle is a bit cheaper. They've discontinued the VX1 now, but offer a 1.5-4X20 VX-Freedom priced at $199 in a lot of places.
I have a VX-Freedom 1-4x20 with the Pig Plex and so far I like it. I haven't hunted with it yet. Mine is an AE suffix and doesn't have anything written on the reticle. I don't really notice the extra hash marks as I think the heavier, pointed reticle draws my eye away from the other markings. I also like the circle in the center. I wonder if it would make a good scope for a turkey shotgun?
Way too busy for me. I wish they had just gone with a German #4 on that scope.
I will agree on not needing pig plex. Nonsense. I do wish they still made the turkey plex. I have in a 1x4x20 and really like it. Very quick to get on target.
Better buy quick

Product Discontinued by Manufacturer

Leupold VX-HOG 1-4x20mm Rifle Scope, Matte Black, Pig Plex Reticle has been discontinued by Leupold and is no longer available.
I run one on a flintlock of all things. Shots are quick and close here, and that season still has leaves on the trees, so a bold reticle is a good fit. I like it better than the heavy plex myself.
Pig plex in the reticle is beyond stupid. I don't see how they did not sop that stupid idea.
Pig plex works good for me in thick nasty cover.It is very easy and fast to acquire.
Bought two of them when they first came out to put on ARs. Really tried to like the reticle, but just too busy for me.
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I have a VX-Freedom 1-4x20 with the Pig Plex and so far I like it. I haven't hunted with it yet. Mine is an AE suffix and doesn't have anything written on the reticle. I don't really notice the extra hash marks as I think the heavier, pointed reticle draws my eye away from the other markings. I also like the circle in the center. I wonder if it would make a good scope for a turkey shotgun?
+1. I also have a VX-Freedom 1.5-4x20 with the Pig Plex reticle. Nothing is written on the reticle and I like the circle in the center as well. So far I've been pleased with it.
I had one of the Pig Plex for a couple of years. I liked the reticle but really hated the Pig Plex written within the reticle and eventually pulled the scope off.
I have mine on my ruger 44 carbine.
© 24hourcampfire