Home
Anyone seen a Venom 3 MOA at a decent price recently. Having a hard time finding the 3 MOA in stock and nobody has a deal. They had been on sale fairly regular somewhere last six months or so. Had a Bushnell Holosight on my AR pistol that took a crap. Need a replacement. Have one Vortex already. Really like it for what it is. Even full price is decent just looking for a deal.

The AR is my truck gun at times. Lately I have been inclined to have it with me more often so want to get it up and running sooner than later. Apperciate any leads.
I tried with no luck last week. No sales, and out of stock. I really wanted to try one. ended up getting a deal on a burris ff3
Posted By: cdb Re: Looking for Vortex Venom Redot - 05/30/20
Originally Posted by Lorin
I tried with no luck last week. No sales, and out of stock. I really wanted to try one. ended up getting a deal on a burris ff3

I sold guns and optics part time for two years and it was during this time that the Venom came out and I couldn’t find one so I bought a FF3. I could get dealer pricing on either. I called the lady with Vortex who handled dealer employee sales and she told me it would be towards the end of October before the next shipment of Venoms came in, it was April at the time. She explained that Vortex suppliers as a rule make two production runs a year on Vortex products. When Vortex runs out of an item it can be 6-9 months before they received any more to sell.

So to make a short story long, You might have to wait for quite some time before you find a Venom.

As an aside her name is Doreen Fobes, she is incredibly nice and goes the extra mile to help people.
The Burris is a much better sight. Venoms lose zero. I’m not talking about one lemon, but a bunch. They get bashed on some turkey hunting pages.
Maybe. However I am 100 percent, not gonna change my mind,against ever buying another Burris product. Had a very lengthy customer service experience from hell. Vortex has a great warranty and customer service should I need it.
Got both, the Vortex and the FFIII, I'm sure there are lemons in both but mine have been solid.
I have had more than a few FFII crap the bed
Yep they are chinese electronics. As with nearly all chinese electronics in our day to day lives you get a good one or a bad one. Some last past their accepted life span some don't. So buy the product you like from a company that you think will stand behind it as they say will or won't. Burris, well after my last experience I won't count on them to do anything right if there is a problem with one their products.
Posted By: EdM Re: Looking for Vortex Venom Redot - 06/02/20
Sign up with these guys. Pretty good pricing on refurbs when the have them in stock.

https://aaoptics.com/Red-Dots-Accessories_c_118.html
Mike check your pm
© 24hourcampfire