Home
I am looking for basic information on setting up a gun trust. I am from Iowa we as of March 31st are slowed to buy and use suppressed weapons. The most effective and timely was to obtain these items is through a trust I understand. I have people who I allow to use my weapons aND including them in the trust would allow them to do so without a lot of hassle. 2 questions I really have are can I do it myself without a lawyer and if I can't what would a fair price be for the paperwork. I know all lawyers are different but am I look at 200 to set it up or 2000.
A few guys locally I've talked to do it for $200-$350 a pop. No idea what it takes to do it yourself.
mine was done for free by the dealer I got my suppressors from. might be worth asking around for that option
Thanks for the information. Called the ATF and didnt get any useful information from them.
I paid a lawyer who specialized in them for mine. Keep in mind, once the new proposed plan goes into effect, everyone will be required to get fingerprinted and pass a background check.

No one will need signed off by CLEO after they take effect. The new benefits of the trust IMO will be passing ownership and allowing others to use/possess the NFA items.

Keep in mind, i'm not a lawyer.
Here you go $79

http://199trust.com/

They have set up over 20,000 NFA trusts.

405wcf
I am also an Iowa resident and have done some checking, Dakota Suppressor will do the paperwork for free to set up a trust if you buy through them. once the paper work is done they can mail to your home address the nfa item. might help you out
you can get an eze trust from Silencerco.
Dealer did mine
© 24hourcampfire