Home
Posted By: FlyboyFlem Hindenburg's for the Sharps - 02/05/21
Decided to cast a big batch of 500 grainers yesterday before the Artic express arrives..This is a custom mold I had cut that resembles the Lyman 457121 Parker Hale.. I've shot the PH for yrs with good results however my mold doesn't come close to .457 but drops average .454 /.455 with 30;1 alloy...That light in diameter makes for a greasy bullet since the grooves are so shallow & numerous..Ordered the new mold to drop .460 so I size to .459 which makes for a cleaner more accurate pill overall .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I would call that the "Robert Plant" bullet.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I would call that the "Robert Plant" bullet.

This one shoots the best of the half dozen molds I have for the 45-110 Sharps...Launched at 1375 not much it won't punish or knock over !
Maybe instead, the "Locomotive Bullet". smile
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Maybe instead, the "Locomotive Bullet". smile

I've destroyed several gong hangers messin with the onboard ladder sights or calibrating the vernier tang for LR Quigley shots ! grin
Woody, these cast around .458-.4585 with 30:1, ballpark 530 grains. Ya think I could get one of those flat noses with a hammer?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Woody, these cast around .458-.4585 with 30:1, ballpark 530 grains. Ya think I could get one of those flat noses with a hammer?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dan those are either 457125 or a custom copy..My Government mold drops over 500 as well just about + 30...

I've heard slamming stuff in a door works great for many applications just watch your fingers ! grin

We have a winner!

I don't have as many fingers as most folks so it will work out ok.
© 24hourcampfire