Home
Posted By: FlyboyFlem 45 ACP fun soon me thinks ! - 02/28/21
Cast a pile of the good old Lyman # 452460 200 grainers last fall so decided to lube & load them..

6.5 grs of Unique is a great plinker & very accurate,

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That's a pretty good bullet.
Sheer poetry.

I like 6.5 gr. Unique too, but with 200 grainers out of a H&G #68 gang mold. 4.0 grains Bullseye with the same bullet for very mild target load in Colt Gold Cup.
Posted By: TheKid Re: 45 ACP fun soon me thinks ! - 03/01/21
I’d have to look, seems like I have been using 7.0gr of Unique under the 201RCBS which is an H&G lookalike. Shoots good and it’ll break both hips and exit a 100lb pig from 40 yards, it’ll cut a nice clean hole all the way through one’s chest from the same distance and he’ll blow steam out both sides while he runs away too if it’s cold enough.
Originally Posted by TheKid
I’d have to look, seems like I have been using 7.0gr of Unique under the 201RCBS which is an H&G lookalike. Shoots good and it’ll break both hips and exit a 100lb pig from 40 yards, it’ll cut a nice clean hole all the way through one’s chest from the same distance and he’ll blow steam out both sides while he runs away too if it’s cold enough.

Don't have hogs here but this load works wonders thinning out big snappers on our duck hunting lake !
I've used that bullet a lot, shoots well. I power mine with 6.0 grains of W231, but will probably drop back to 5.5 when my current stock is depleted.
© 24hourcampfire