Home

Just got a RCBS Lube A Matic mounted yesterday. Mostly I,m go to do 9mm and 357 bullets at least at first. What top punches do

I need? I,m going to resize both round nose and semi wadcutter for now. Might do 44 mag semi Wad cutter later.
They’re specific to nose profiles. Molds usually have the top punch listed on the label. A flat punch can be used for flat nose bullets or base first sizing, they’re available aftermarket.
Originally Posted by TheKid
They’re specific to nose profiles. Molds usually have the top punch listed on the label. A flat punch can be used for flat nose bullets or base first sizing, they’re available aftermarket.

Hey Kid,
Where can one buy that flat punch you refer to above?
I believe there was a guy over at Castboolits who was making them and I believe one or more of the custom mold makers offers them as well. I just don’t remember which one. I make my own but realize not everyone has use of a lathe.

Thanks,
My problem comes from having molds that are no longer made by the original manufacturer. Example: my 41 mold from Lyman for # 410459. They also no longer make the top punch............. I’ll find something. Wondering if a top punch for a WFN from LBT might not work just like a flat punch on my Lubrisizer.
© 24hourcampfire