Home
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 08/04/21
Does powder coating work well with Lee Tumble Lube bullets? Haven't cast anything in years, I recall that I didn't care for the sticky Lee lube of the day.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 08/05/21
See no reason that it would not.
Posted By: memtb Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 08/05/21

If you don’t care for the Lee Lube process, I’ve used Hornady spray lube on my pc bullets with good success! memtb
Posted By: Hesp Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 08/05/21
Have PC many Lee tumbled lube bullets. Works, GREAT.
Thanks, men. Thought they should work, but it doesn't hurt to ask from those who know.
I have considered this thought as well. I need molds for 9mm in 120 and 140-147 gr and 10mm in 160-170 gr and 200 gr.

I have an email in to Tom@Accurate now waiting on his suggestions. I told him I plan to PC.
Posted By: Hesp Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 08/22/21
Hey Idaho. I have a Lee .401 ( 10 mm ) 175gr Tumble lube style that works beautifully. Very easy to PC. Shoots accurately in my Ruger 40 S&W. Doesn't leave a trace of lead in the Bbl.. I drive it about 1060 FPS.
Posted By: Tom_in_VT Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 09/24/21
The tumble lube bullets are very popular for powder coating.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 09/24/21
Are y'all talking about tumble lubing before you apply PC powder?
Posted By: Hesp Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 10/11/21
No tumble lubing at all !! PC only
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 10/15/21
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
Are y'all talking about tumble lubing before you apply PC powder?

They are talking about Lee bullets that are designed to work with tumble lubing. Those bullets have narrow driving bands instead of a big grease groove. The question is whether those bullets are compatible with powder coating. Yes they are.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 10/15/21
Dinny that posts here has done a considerable
amount of powder coating and bullet testing.
He could probably say as good as anybody
else that's online what works and what does not
Posted By: Reloader762 Re: Lee Tumble Lube & PC? - 10/26/21
I have a number of the Lee, Ranch Dog and NOE bullet designs that use the micro groove lube grooves, powder coating works perfectly fine with those bullets. It's a much quicker an cleaner process all around, no smoke and they shoot just as accurate.
© 24hourcampfire