Home
Came across two bullet moulds in a box of reloading gear I bought from an estate. Looking to get an idea of fair value as I know very little about these. I pour 1000’s of jigs and sinkers but never a bullet.

One is marked 31141 and is a double cavity
One is marked 311419 and is a single cavity

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This was also in the box. This may not be the right place to ask. This appears to be a mostly complete set. Sizing dies are marked 30-30, 35 R and one with no markings

Posted By: TheKid Re: Lyman Ideal bullet moulds - 02/26/23
The single cavity is designed for the 32/20, but would make an excellent 32 H&R or 327 Fed bullet. I bet it would bring $40-50 being a one holer.

The double is a great bullet in the 30/30 and other 30 caliber rifles, nice flat nose for hunting use. It is more common but users of it are too. It would likely sell for $50-75.

I might be interested in the double cavity if you decide to move it down the road.
I could use the 310 tool stuff and molds if you have no use for any of it. I have 6 or 7 jig molds that were my dads that I have no use for if you might be interested in a trade. I think there are 5 Do It molds ,a Hilts spinner bait mold and I think a Hilts ball head jig with the barb. PM if you have any interest and I can send you cellphone pictures.
Posted By: z1r Re: Lyman Ideal bullet moulds - 03/10/23
I'd give you $100 plus shipping for both molds.
© 24hourcampfire