Home
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Survey on .375-.380 molds - 03/05/18
Needing to drop some bullets with an as cast diameter right around .377” using Lyman #2 alloy (95-5-5). What off the shelf .375-.380” molds do you fellows have and what is your as cast diameter? It would help if you list your alloy as well.

I’m going to call Tom at Accurate Molds to get a custom die made but wanted to get something off the shelf to play with. Actual bullet style isn't as important right now as dropping them in the correct diameter since I need something that doesn’t have to be squeezed down more than maybe a thousandth to get my final diameter optimized before calling Lee to get a custom sizing die made.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Survey on .375-.380 molds - 03/05/18
With the cost of production molds being about the same as a custom mold, I'd just get what I want from a custom maker. Remember mountain molds as an option for quality affordable custom molds. No idea what his lead time is, but I've been happy with every mold he's made me.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Survey on .375-.380 molds - 03/06/18
Agree with Lott.

But what you want. Don't waste money on a mould that might work fine but is a PITA to cast with; which most off the shelf moulds usually are. Another big IF is what size they will cast at, even with #2.
Posted By: memtb Re: Survey on .375-.380 molds - 03/06/18
I recently bought Accurate Molds for a 45-70 and a 460 S&W.....very reasonably priced, almost infinite designs, bullets looked good, considering I hadn’t done any casting for about 20 years. If I remember correctly.....he can adjust the mold diameter for your specific alloy. Better verify, I’ve got CRS pretty bad! memtb
I can add one bit of data to my own survey. An RCBS 37-250-FN drops bullets of #2 alloy right at .377" which is absolutely perfect.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Survey on .375-.380 molds - 03/18/18
I’m interested in this as well
© 24hourcampfire