Home
When I was in the service, we used Molykote as a lube for the O-rings on bomb racks. The POL locker in the section always had three or four tubes of Molykote inside. Since we used it all the time, I never gave it much thought, When I left the service, I had a half tube of it in my locker that came home with me. It lasts a long time when you are using it in the gun room. But after 17 years, I ran out, and started looking for some.

Jiminy Jillikers! $40 CDN a tube! A little rich for my blood. I had no idea that stuff was so expensive, and I went searching for an alternative. I stumbled across Canadawide Liquidations on ebay. $12 a tube and in my hands within three days.

[Linked Image]

All of this leads up to, what are you using as a lube? I bet a lot of guys are using synthetic oil. Just curious.
I'm a little strange Steve but I use most anything. I've used 3 in 1 oil, Hoppes, etc. I use stuff some say gum, dry up, etc but I've never had trouble with plain old gun oil.
I was going to use synthetic oil, but old habits die hard. I had to replace the pressure seal o ring on my 4500 and used the last of my old tube. I just went looking for more Molykote.
Silicon spray from the parts store or maybe Walmart works well on rubber. Its pretty cheap.
© 24hourcampfire