Home
Posted By: DigitalDan I sneezed today - 04/06/19
Back at the bench testing a few loads in prep for a coming match. I'm smiling.

Shot 3 rounds to foul the bore and then a round of 5 for velocity, this at 20 yards.

[Linked Image]

Did a bit more of the same with a slightly more aggressive load, then a couple of known loads to check zero.

[Linked Image]

Then I walked back to the 50 yard butt just to see where they landed. Each of the top three targets were fired with 2 shots each. Dunno what happened to that wild child on the right, because I shot 4 of the same load at the bottom target that were headed to the land of one ragged hole. Targets 3 & 4 were 1 shot each.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: I sneezed today - 04/06/19
Cool DD. Did you invent that cartridge? Cast bullets are amazingly accurate!
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: I sneezed today - 04/06/19
Invent it? Sorta. There's a couple of variation out there that preceded it, one is the .30 Reece based on the .357 mag case, and the other is based on the .38 Special. called the .30 Badger. Fellows that did that are to some extent shooting jacketed bullets and seem bent on getting the highest velocity they can. I did what I did in pursuit of launching cast bullets only and at subsonic velocity.

It is my pig whacker, though I'd admit if given cause I might whack something else. After all, it is fairly quiet...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

.30 Badger is second from right:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: I sneezed today - 04/06/19
That’s cool. Ought to be a great sub sonic pig getter!

Love those T/C rifles too!
© 24hourcampfire