Home
I love eating antelope - and will drive just about anywhere to hunt them - even for a doe...

Was a quick fun trip...8 hour drive from Boise, checked in to the comfort inn in Filmore and went out scouting last night - antelope everywhere. Saw at least 15 different bucks and around 50 total goats...

Killed her within the first hour this morning (although the does were far more skittish than expected and took a little more involved stalk than expected) loaded her up on ice, and headed home. 17 hours of driving for 1 hour of hunting always makes sense...lolol.

Fun hunt and I hope to draw the trophy Buck tag down there in the next year or two (just about at the max points needed) - could have killed two bucks within 200 yards that were both pushing 80”.

Old reliable 139 scenar Dropped her at 206 yards...Killing bullets - pencil size entrance hole, baseball sized exit hole out the ribs.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Nice work. Sure love this time of year
She looks fat and tasty! Well done. 17 hours of driving and one hour of hunting means you know how to hunt (and shoot).

In before the "Target bullets are for paper, you unethical scumbag" crowd.
Congrats - looks like a fine antelope. And I'm with you - if I could draw a antelope tag anywhere this year I'd gladly make the drive grin
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I hope that crowd doesn't get to mad that we have killed 13 big game animals with this bullet in the last few years....
Originally Posted by Hiaring8

I hope that crowd doesn't get to mad that we have killed 13 big game animals with this bullet in the last few years....

Are you using a Creedmoor? That'll make it worse.
Congrats!

Really like that picture, a nice antelope in some very different terrain than I usually hunt

One time I asked why be more concerned with what a bullet was designed to do than what it actually does?
Originally Posted by mathman

One time I asked why be more concerned with what a bullet was designed to do than what it actually does?

Today, just asking that would get you called a racist.
Great job!
Nice work. Those Scenars have been fantastic for you. Your results pushed me to try them and I’m glad I did.
Well done!! I'm hoping to put a 6.5 Scenar to work in UT next month on pronghorn as well!
What cartridge / rifle / scope?
Rem 700, Bartlien 8 twist 2b at 23”, timney 510, BDL bottom metal, Cooper LR stock, Leupold DD, Burris 3-9x40 FF2. 139 scenars behind 42.5 of H4350 at 2800 FPS.

Put together by Kampfield Customs.

Bomb proof 400 yard hunting rifle.
Rem 700, Bartlien 8 twist 2b at 23”, timney 510, BDL bottom metal, Cooper LR stock, Leupold DD, Burris 3-9x40 FF2. 139 scenars behind 42.5 of H4350 at 2800 FPS.

Put together by Kampfield Customs.

Bomb proof 400 yard hunting rifle.

And...? smile
All but the caliber.
6.5 creed...
Looks fun!
There is a reason Rinella calls antelope the Lobster of the Prairie… I have had elk, deer, moose, caribou and none of that compares IMHO to antelope...These backstraps were as good and tender of meat that I have had in a long long time. Nothing special, just put them in a marinade in the fridge for a couple hours and throw them on the grill...

There is a reason Rinella calls antelope the Lobster of the Prairie… I have had elk, deer, moose, caribou and none of that compares IMHO to antelope...These backstraps were as good and tender of meat that I have had in a long long time. Nothing special, just put them in a marinade in the fridge for a couple hours and throw them on the grill...

That looks superb!! You're livin' the dream, man!
Love antelope meat.
Nice work
Congrats on a great hunt to start the season! I love Pronghorn steak prepared simply! cool
The quick trips up to Wyoming for a doe are behind me now but I remember them well.
Dang man I can’t think of a more fun hunt than pronghorn doe!

As you illustrate photographically so well, the rewards are UBBER!

Congrats on what sounds like quite the pleasant trip!
I feel you on the driving for hours for one hour of hunting, lol! These four all died within the first ten minutes of legal shooting light a couple years ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We have been hunting antelope in eastern MT every year the past few years. Lots of local folks think it is odd that we drive by hundreds of antelope to go shoot a few 5 hours away (some years just doe tags). For me the thought of not hunting antelope (25% draw in my home county) is depressing and shooting a truckload of goats takes the pressure off to kill an elk. A good elk is hard to beat for table fare but an average antelope (not ran) is as good as most elk and better than quite a few I've eaten.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire