Home
Posted By: Brazos Sheridan Antelope? - 09/17/20
Seeing VERY few, even out in the hay fields.
Any word on a die off?
Posted By: Brazos Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/27/20
Crickets....

Update, our group had 5 tags and filled one of them. Same group last year tagged out in unit 83.

Went down to unit 69 to help a buddy and it was business as usual down there.

I've read there was a new-to-antelope disease around Gillette and wondered if that was the deal around Sheridan too.
Posted By: memtb Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/28/20

Sorry to hear that your hunt wasn’t successful. We’re right across the hill to southwest of Sheridan, and I haven’t heard anything about a die-off. But, I’m not alway# in the know! memtb
Posted By: Brazos Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/28/20
Thanks memtb.

Still had a great trip. Stayed at Connor Battlefield in Ranchester. Visited the new Weatherby headquarters in Sheridan. Nice area, nice people.

Regards,
Bob.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/28/20
Brazos, did you hunt public land or private?
Posted By: Brazos Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/28/20
We were hunting public land and private "walk-in" areas.

We picked up left over tags after striking out in the general draw. Knew going in that 109 has only 3% public land and would be a tough go.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/29/20
Not trying to be rude, but I would honestly never hunt antelope in the northeast part of Wyoming unless I had access to private property.

Can you be successful? Sure. Is it a P.I.T.A? Yes.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/29/20
Not rude at all, Jackson. That is the kind of input I should have asked for before putting in for a leftover tag up there. I have learned my lesson and will stick to units south and west from now on.

Regards,
Bob.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/29/20
Go talk to Game & Fish Office. They have list of landowners with crop damage. May get you access to private lands.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/29/20

I live south of Sheridan but drive up R90 reguarly to get there and see LOTS of pronghorn, especially just south of Sheridan in the irrigated fields. Haven't heard anything about a die off and numbers here (30 min south) are very good.
Posted By: cecilb Re: Sheridan Antelope? - 09/30/20
I agree with Bob. I see as many as I ever see.
© 24hourcampfire