Home
Posted By: Hiaring8 Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/25/20
Crowds really seemed to make me take my game up a notch this year, but I went in deep and found this tall heavy buck and put him down with one 150grain scenar out of the 7 rem mag. Smashed his spine and exited out his chest - more proof these are bone crushers for the nay sayers . Only 23” wide but 22.5” tall...Going in lite, coming out heavy. OTC General tag public land..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Awesome buck - congrats to you. You have posted up some great mule deer the last couple years.
Very nice
Congrats! Unique rack. Like it.
Posted By: jwall Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/25/20
Mighty Fine ! Mighty Fine !

Congrats

Jerry
But, but, sputter, sputter, that's a target bullet.... shocked

Great hunt, great trophy, great bullet... laugh

DF
Nice buck................what part if ID?

Until my pard who was from ID died way before his time, we hunted the Arbon Valley & Crystal areas & took some really big bucks out of those over several years.

MM
Central Idaho
That's tough hunting.

MM
Posted By: EdM Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/25/20
Do you think a 154 gr Hornady SP would have worked?
Cool looking buck!

-Jake
That’s a solid buck.
Beautiful Buck !!!,great pix congrats !!!
Nice Muley, congratulations.
Fantastic buck
Posted By: mart Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/25/20
Fine buck and good shootin.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/25/20
Always fun to outsmart, outwork, your fellow hunters and bucks. Nice one.
Nice job!
Nice! I’m getting ready to go hunt my muley tag in CO. Been a long time since I killed a big one and I’m hoping this is the year
Well done!
Nice buck, Grats
Posted By: ribka Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/26/20
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Crowds really seemed to make me take my game up a notch this year, but I went in deep and found this tall heavy buck and put him down with one 150grain scenar out of the 7 rem mag. Smashed his spine and exited out his chest - more proof these are bone crushers for the nay sayers . Only 23” wide but 22.5” tall...Going in lite, coming out heavy. OTC General tag public land..

congrats. Tall rack, decent mass
Dandy looking buck!! Congrats!

Though I've only used Scenars in 6.5mm, I've yet to see anything to give me pause in using them on critters.
Dandy looking buck!! Congrats!

Though I've only used Scenars in 6.5mm, I've yet to see anything to give me pause in using them on critters.
Very nice. Congrats.
That’s a nice mulie Adam! Way to go.
Very nice!!
Posted By: efw Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/27/20
Dang man that right there is an awesome buck congrats!
Congrats on that buck!
A real good buck and looks like it would be a fun hunt. Congrats!

Were you walking ridges looking down into the brush?
Posted By: WAM Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/27/20
He’s a dandy! Congrats
Congrats on the mule deer buck. Looks like some steep slopes- probably uphill both ways ;-)
Great looking trophy!
Yes - it is big steep remote country....almost 4 miles to get this guy out.....Rained hard the entire trip out....like we all jumped in a pool.
Cool buck.

Congrats!
Very nice buck. Having lived in Idaho for 30 years I saw some fantastic bucks and managed to get a few nice ones. Again congratulations.
Posted By: 805 Re: Scenar’d a big Idaho Muley - 10/31/20
Nicely done! Another “target” bullet victim! 😁
Just curious why you didn’t cut off the leg at the joint? Less weight to haul.
In the last 5 years those target bullet scenars in 139 and 150 grain variations have killed 16 animals with 18 shots by me and my friends/family...(deer, elk, antelope, black bear - from 75-480 yards)
© 24hourcampfire