Home
Posted By: wyowinchester BISON HUNT - 12/11/20
Accelevents.com/e/jimwenzel76

There is a fund raiser for USA WYOMNG AMATEUR WRESTLING ASSOCIATION This is a raffle. >>>> https://www.accelevents.com/e/jimwenzel76/R/RAF
It will be at a ranch South of Gillette WY. Only 250 tickets are being sold. $100.00/ ticket.

WAWA bison Hunt. Wyoming Amateur Wrestling is providing this opportunity. Proceeds for this raffle will go towards our commitment to our membership clubs, youth athletes, and USA wrestling growth. There will only be 250 tickets sold for $100 each.

You will win the hunt plus $750 towards processing and $750 towards taxidermy. All other expenses will be the responsibility of the winner. The Durham Ranch has processors and taxidermists, or you can use your own. This is an inclusive hunt with room and board provided. The Durham ranch holds the number 1 and 2 SCI record book bison, along with many in the top 25. This is truly a once in a lifetime big game animal opportunity.
RAF

Thanks for donating.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: BISON HUNT - 12/11/20

COPY AND PASTE^^^^^^^
Posted By: MAC Re: BISON HUNT - 12/11/20
Can you do it without FB? I don't do FB.
Posted By: jeffbird Re: BISON HUNT - 12/11/20
Bought a ticket.

Good luck with your fundraiser.

Posted By: GRF Re: BISON HUNT - 12/12/20
wyowinchester; good luck, wrestling is wonderful sport, good luck to the lads.My experience is that various prevent cross border shopping on these kind of things.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: BISON HUNT - 12/12/20
YES NO FAKE BOOK This is it's own site.
Posted By: ribka Re: BISON HUNT - 12/13/20
I'll buy one to support wrestling. Great sport.

Originally Posted by wyowinchester

There is a fund raiser for USA WYOMNG AMATEUR WRESTLING ASSOCIATION This is a raffle. >>>> https://www.accelevents.com/e/jimwenzel76/R/RAF
It will be at a ranch South of Gillette WY. Only 250 tickets are being sold. $100.00/ ticket.

WAWA bison Hunt. Wyoming Amateur Wrestling is providing this opportunity. Proceeds for this raffle will go towards our commitment to our membership clubs, youth athletes, and USA wrestling growth. There will only be 250 tickets sold for $100 each.

You will win the hunt plus $750 towards processing and $750 towards taxidermy. All other expenses will be the responsibility of the winner. The Durham Ranch has processors and taxidermists, or you can use your own. This is an inclusive hunt with room and board provided. The Durham ranch holds the number 1 and 2 SCI record book bison, along with many in the top 25. This is truly a once in a lifetime big game animal opportunity.
RAF

Thanks for donating.
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: BISON HUNT - 12/15/20
Just bought one,
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: BISON HUNT - 12/15/20
Timing of hunt?
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: BISON HUNT - 12/15/20
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Timing of hunt?

The winner, makes arrangements with the outfitter.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: BISON HUNT - 01/19/21
When do they or did they draw for this hunt?
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: BISON HUNT - 01/19/21
Who is the outfitter?
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: BISON HUNT - 01/20/21
Don't think it's an outfitter. But the will be held on the Durham Ranch. More than likely in house guides I would assume.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: BISON HUNT - 01/20/21
This hunt will be with the DURHAM RANCH. https://durhambisonranch.com/tours/hunts/

The raffle web site say's 87 days till drawing.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: BISON HUNT - 01/20/21
Thank you
Posted By: tbear99 Re: BISON HUNT - 01/31/21
I GOT ONE
Posted By: hanco Re: BISON HUNT - 02/04/21
They are pretty big, took this in South Dakota

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Fotis Re: BISON HUNT - 02/04/21
tag
Posted By: hanco Re: BISON HUNT - 02/04/21
What do you all use to hunt them?
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: BISON HUNT - 02/04/21
Hanco

I shot a bull 2 years ago. I used a original 1895 Winchester loaded with 250 gr Hornady's at 2400. Bull was not terribly impressed and there was a bit of a rodeo.

When we got him opened up he was hit through lungs. The Hornady's literally flattened out the size of a quarter. 2 of them only penetrated 1 lung

.Beautiful animal. We had the hide tanned and a shoulder mount.

950 lbs hamburger!

Lefty C
Posted By: Fotis Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Hanco

I shot a bull 2 years ago. I used a original 1895 Winchester loaded with 250 gr Hornady's at 2400. Bull was not terribly impressed and there was a bit of a rodeo.

When we got him opened up he was hit through lungs. The Hornady's literally flattened out the size of a quarter. 2 of them only penetrated 1 lung

950 lbs hamburger!

Lefty C

what chambering?
Posted By: roundoak Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by hanco
What do you all use to hunt them?

Stick and string. smirk

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
If you win...check out this site for hide tanning. It's mink farm near here that has developed it's own tanning processes. Their prices are very reasonable. They've been at this for decades and they have it down right.
MOYLE MINK
Posted By: tbear99 Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
i always wanted a buffalo nide blanket myself
Posted By: tmitch Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by Fotis
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Hanco

950 lbs hamburger!

Lefty C

what chambering?

Gonna guess .35 WCF
Posted By: yukon254 Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
We are lucky to have over the counter bison tags here. Ours are wild bison, not fenced. Cant use archery and must use at least a 30/06. I've taken 4. One with a 358, two with a 338 Federal, and the last one with a 338 RCM. They are not hard to put down. Like anything else, bullet placement is the key. I believe Phil ( 458) killed one with a 300 Savage, and I know a FN guy here in Yukon that killed four with the same caliber.
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: BISON HUNT - 02/05/21
Foits Yes ,35 Win.

Lefty
Posted By: Reba Re: BISON HUNT - 02/09/21
My email says I have a ticket but I never gave any payment info????
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: BISON HUNT - 02/09/21
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you win...check out this site for hide tanning. It's mink farm near here that has developed it's own tanning processes. Their prices are very reasonable. They've been at this for decades and they have it down right.
MOYLE MINK

I had Moyle do 2 of mine great work for a reasonable price. 45 2 7/8" sharps 540 grain paper patch bullet 110 hrs Fg black powder. Works everytime
. M b
Posted By: wytex Re: BISON HUNT - 02/10/21
Moyle did all 3 of ours, great work and very reasonable. Shipping is the expense for a salted hide though.
300wsm for the harvests.
Posted By: Joezone Re: BISON HUNT - 02/10/21
I've harvested one with a 9.3x62. Watched a friend harvest one with .270.
Posted By: mannyspd1 Re: BISON HUNT - 02/11/21

A Durham Ranch bull I took a few years ago. If I recall, the Ranch is about 55,000 acres and bulls taken there qualify for SCI scoring.

I used a Shiloh Sharps 50-90 shooting a 550 grain paper patch pure lead bullet.

Attached picture FB_IMG_1567740017900.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0005.jpg
Attached picture IMG_0006.jpg
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: BISON HUNT - 03/24/21
Back UP
© 24hourcampfire